Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pull around to the next window.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-15, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned?

It's on their to do list but they have stuff they have to take care of before they can even think about touching base designs. They're chipping away at problems as fast as they can. That aside I look at this and probably the next 6 months or so of planetside as the pre-endgame grind.

Gotta get dem certs.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
They are going to redesign the bases.
They will just try to make some cheap changes to the existing bases and towers, which is like putting lipstick on a pig, as the fundamental flaws don't get adressed. The bases are the worst thing in this game - they should have been put in the trash and redesigned from zero by someone who has a clue.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I hope they give us futuristic castles tbh.

And no, I am not kidding.

Old 2013-07-15, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Blynd
First Sergeant

I have a reasonably simple idea for amp stations. Put a roof over the current ground level add a whole new level with buildings already above 1 story have access down into the lower base and obviously down to the Gen rooms and access down from towers is as current as well as vehicle access is normal but it would give some level of protection from air and vehicles but still allow access to the enemy vehicles on the groud floor and the 1st floor is open to ESF and lib fire. This would allow defenders to set up solid defences for the touts to gens and to the cap point as well as still giving access to the attackers
Old 2013-07-15, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes, bases need to be completely redesigned. I did a few write ups back in beta stating this. With that said, I think it will happen but I am betting next year at the earliest. If I was them I would trash all the current facility layouts and start over. I would probably start by taking a look at those old pre-Alpha bases they had and throw in some tunnels underneath them. I am sure everybody knows which ones I am talking about.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-07-15 at 10:03 AM.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
camycamera
Major

i have said this time and time again. this needs to happen. mainly it is the spawn rooms that need a redesign, and not just band-aids. the answer is simple; spawn rooms need to be like PS1. they need to be underground. ALL OF THEM.

i just wish we had some dev support on this, it is my no.1 problem with this game aside from performance, which we are at least getting with the PS4.

Maybe Hossin is coming with these new bases...
Old 2013-07-15, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
camycamera
Major

They are going to redesign the bases.
i would really love to know where you heard this, because i haven't heard anything from the devs regarding base redesign/ spawn room redesign.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
hashish
Sergeant

Base design in my opinion is absolutely necessary..

At the moment you have extremely good fights on the terrain itself as it has indeed been designed well..

However toward the climax of fight/base capture you have THE MOST shallow experience i have witnessed in any game LOL

You end up having like a massive camp outside the spawn room where tanks, aircrafts and infantry just stand around shooting at anyone that comes out until the base gets captured..

WTFFF SOE Thats soo boring and stupid.. I dont even feel like waiting around anymore when this occurs.. I just BOUNCE to the next place..

This feature in a way just stagnates the whole battle flow as 90% of people just keep spawning in that base 'attempting' to recapture in some way.. just stupid and annoying..

Old 2013-07-15, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
Base design in my opinion is absolutely necessary..

At the moment you have extremely good fights on the terrain itself as it has indeed been designed well..

However toward the climax of fight/base capture you have THE MOST shallow experience i have witnessed in any game LOL

You end up having like a massive camp outside the spawn room where tanks, aircrafts and infantry just stand around shooting at anyone that comes out until the base gets captured..

WTFFF SOE Thats soo boring and stupid.. I dont even feel like waiting around anymore when this occurs.. I just BOUNCE to the next place..

This feature in a way just stagnates the whole battle flow as 90% of people just keep spawning in that base 'attempting' to recapture in some way.. just stupid and annoying..
100% this.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
i would really love to know where you heard this, because i haven't heard anything from the devs regarding base redesign/ spawn room redesign.
One of their videos where they showed the changes they are going to be making to bases. High walls, more bridges, more cover inside etc. Nothing to the extent that some people want of course.
Should also note that by base I don't mean the main building.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-07-16 at 12:49 AM.
Old 2013-07-16, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
camycamera
Major

One of their videos where they showed the changes they are going to be making to bases. High walls, more bridges, more cover inside etc. Nothing to the extent that some people want of course.
Should also note that by base I don't mean the main building.
oh yeah, i remember that video. but aren't they only doing those bases on esamir, and aren't they completely new ones, not redesigned ones?
Old 2013-07-16, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
oh yeah, i remember that video. but aren't they only doing those bases on esamir, and aren't they completely new ones, not redesigned ones?
They will probably take the experience to other bases, especially when it comes to new continents. From what I remember it was part of the revamping Esamir for the lattice system so I guess it would be the old bases as well, the ones they keep that is.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-07-19, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
EVILoHOMER
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I hope they give us futuristic castles tbh.

And no, I am not kidding.
It would be nice, like having the feeling of a full on assault. We need a bottleneck, right now by the time you get to the battle, everyone is moving on and it feels like a race from base to base.
Old 2013-07-19, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Osskscosco
Corporal

New esamir like bases on Indar and Amerish would be good enough.
Old 2013-07-19, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
AThreatToYou
Major

Bases primarily need a re-design to encompass underground portions of the facility that are fought over. Then spawns should be relocated underground and we may investigate total contest-ability over spawns, including the necessity to push into the [now underground] spawn room in order to take it out.

This includes outposts and towers.

and yes to futuristic castles. Bases built into the sides and insides of mountains, and behind these mountains is the real base which the mountain-face protects.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-19 at 11:15 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion