Weapon look just doesn't cut it . - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only Planetside can prevent forest fires.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheAadvark
Corporal

Weapon look just doesn't cut it .

Why in gods name do they make weapons so chunky for the TR.

http://imgur.com/a/9Tnjd#0

With these new weapons you can see what I mean. The new T32- Bull is so chunky and the stock is so mismatched for the size of the weapon.It just looks like an overgrown carbine with a stock attached too it. MSW-R looks ok I guess, but there is no denying the fact that we have ugly weapons. I want my baby the LC3 Jaguar to be as beautiful on the outside as it is on the inside.

Also (reapeated many times before I know) please make the guns sound unique , you have modified the gun sounds on certain models ( Cycler TRV beast! LMG's also cool ) but the weapons lack individual character. Look at BF3, even though I have come to hate that game (BFBC2 ppl) , their weapon design and implementation is amazing . PKP-Pecheneg / Scar-L / AN-94 etc., I mean each and every one of them felt amazing and had weight.

Although they had real life models that they could copy from.

The point is I payed a ridiculous amount for a gun in a game as well as grinding certs for some , and I expect them to be way better value. Will you be doing at least an Audio overhaul, you guys said BF3 is the game you have set the benchmark at.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Re: Weapon look just doesn't cut it .

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
\Also (reapeated many times before I know) please make the guns sound unique , you have modified the gun sounds on certain models ( Cycler TRV beast! LMG's also cool ) but the weapons lack individual character.
You have to remember that each team has a specific style of sound for their weapons, so they all have to sound somewhat similar.

I always thought that was cool cause you always know what faction is firing when you hear shots. Except when they have NS weapons.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Sorry man. I think it looks awesome. You are out of luck.

I love all the new weapon art changes except for the life of me I couldn't notice them for NC.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheAadvark
Corporal

Yea I get that there are three factions and a lot of wapons so the amount of customization for each weapon sound is quite limited.

But the NC have their particular Gauss sound at the end schuuu and the VS vup vup, so make those sounds strong and then mix some other sounds in.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-05-30 at 01:09 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Sorry man. I think it looks awesome. You are out of luck.

I love all the new weapon art changes except for the life of me I couldn't notice them for NC.
wow you seriously like the T32 Bull ? Yea everyone has their taste... ok whatever I just had to get it out there.

I don't know it's just I feel like I haven't got my money's worth I've spent so much on this game and I don't really have a problem with that because I believe in this game and they deserve all the help they can get but I just really want the guns to feel special, I used to play NC before I went TR because of my clan mates, and it really broke my heart to part with the NC weapons and that sexy beautiful thing the Vanguard . And there are really only a few things that makes up for it on the TR side.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Illtempered
First Sergeant

I've always liked TR's weapon aesthetics the most, the sound and artwork of them. To each his own.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the new looks as well. Sexy

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-30, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Only negative thing I have to note about the TR redesign is that it's kinda strange that the T16 has a drum magazine by default and... Still has the same drum magazine when you equip an extended magazine.
I like that my TAR now looks like my TRV.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-30 at 02:40 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheAadvark
Corporal

Hahaha my mind cannot fathom how you guys actually like the T-32 Bull. Yea chip saw you say that in the other post.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

My guess with the Bull design is that they wanted to make something more akin to a para version of the LMG, to emphasize it's CQB nature. Don't really think that the stats reallly warrant that, but ok.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of the TR weapon design, or the weapon design overall. The weapons generally just look to much alike to me. (Guess that's what happens when you have so many variants of the same weapon)
I would still like to see the alpha weapon models make it back into the game just to change the design up a bit.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
Hahaha my mind cannot fathom how you guys actually like the T-32 Bull. Yea chip saw you say that in the other post.
How can you not? The Bull is IMO the sexiest one of the entire revamp. It looks like you could use it to clear rooms with now instead of having 20 inches of barrel hanging off the front end.
The only one I'm not too fond of is the MSW-R. Still looks a bit to long to me.

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-05-30 at 03:04 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Canaris
Contributor
General

That's a very similar model to the blackjack but more variation at this point between guns of the same type is a good thing.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-30, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

All looks fine, although admittedly I'm not that fussy. Probably because I'm British, you Americans love your guns too much.
Old 2013-05-30, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
All looks fine, although admittedly I'm not that fussy. Probably because I'm British, you Americans love your guns too much.
More than I love my realdoll.

Old 2013-05-30, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bankrotas
Private

New ones look better, not as good as NC weapons, but at least meatier than the original version.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion