TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: HEADSHOT!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-12, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
PredatorFour
Major

Re: TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery)

Another VS perspective;

Mossies are hardest to hit in my scythe but i like the challenge against a decent mossie pilot, usually ends when another 2 come in and ruin the dogfight.

The reaver is phenomenally easy to fly pulling off maneuvers like flying sideways or backwards with ease. I recently started a character for a laugh on NC and was suprised when i flew a stock reaver at how easy it was with its down facing thrusters.

My opinion on k/d is that it doesn't mean much. It normally means you will pussy out/ not be brave cos your worried about it. It's thrilling trying to take on lots of enemies at once but it's certain death too.

If you were to play planetside with the intention of good k/d, i would defo go for a TR mossie and fly around friendlies with strikers as Sock pointed out.

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-07-12 at 11:22 AM.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sock View Post
It'll definitely be interesting to see where the power shift occurs post-ESF update.
I have a feeling that the Scythe may come out on top after the ESF update. But this is simply an opinion and we will have to wait and see first.

Old 2013-07-12, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheAadvark
Corporal

Well on Waterson it's the complete opposite, DVS dominates the air not because anything of their's is OP just because they must have people more willing to follow orders. And they have amazing Lib pilots.

There was this one Vanu Lib guy I can't remember his name he is the best pilot period, he took down all our air from Indar bay bombed our tanks duked our missiles, he basically flew that thing like the Viper from BF3 ducking in and out of cover.

I just hope he wasn't doing any funny business (hax ?). After a while we out down our arms and were just watching him go lol . Beautiful .
Old 2013-07-12, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

I am waiting on the ESF update to get back into the game...

Currently, with the lag + A2AM + G2AM, its not much fun to be a loan pilot as there are not -that- many dedicated flyers in X. I also feel that the ESF balance is fairly good however I would like to note that my bias is from the higher end of pilots. If you take a look at the 3 ESF with noob - mid range pilots, the Mossie is eaiset to fly IMO, followed by the scythe, followed by the reaver and I feel a large part of that is because of the hitboxes.

For a newer player, hitting a reaver is easy as they don't have to be as accurate, and newer reaver pilots will not have the V thrust manuvers down so they can not rely on the reaver's streanghts to help.

Thus we have less noob - mid level reaver pilots, and it takes longer for said pilots to become decent, where we can have many more noob scythe and mossie pilots getting a lot more flight time in as they are not shot down as quick (at least until a good pilot shows up lol).

Then we have the G2A rockets and A2AM spam that has been going on for all 3 factions with a notable advantage of the TR stryker.

These are my feelings at least, and until the lag on connery is figured out and the ESF update comes out, I will probably not be playing that much sadly as I feel my preferred gameplay is a bit gimped due to these things.

Edit:

I also want to note, I don't believe the NC or the VS have a alliance wide air wing set up either, I have flowen with Snafu and the TTA (thanks for the few that feed me good mossies xD) and they work well together and get stuff done wile attempting not to crash into each other. They have both numbers and a command structure that seems to work where the NC and VS don't seem to in the air department. I am sure that makes a difference as well but the rest of my post still stands imo.

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-07-12 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-12, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
Well on Waterson it's the complete opposite, DVS dominates the air not because anything of their's is OP just because they must have people more willing to follow orders. And they have amazing Lib pilots.
This may be most apparent on Indar, but on Esamir too I see people like ItsJustDash flying around killing stuff all day erry day. I think a lot of those people are pretty cool and stuff. I haven't tried flying the reaver in a long time, maybe I should get to it.

But most of the cool maneuvers I've seen on Youtube that involve slowing down, cutting corners and otherwise using vertical thrust while rolling, have been done with... Reavers. So I'm calling No-BS on that point.
Old 2013-07-12, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
phungus
Master Sergeant

Snafu runs the most organized and scary air wings on Connery, for sure. But we can't, and shouldn't nerf snafu to achieve balance; plus I think the reason why Snafu is finding more and more pilots to fly for him is because there are simply more Mossys getting more flying time since they aren't dropped as frequently as Sythes and Reavers from ground AA. Also I kind of agree with Noxous, it really is all about the Striker it's just exacerbated by the combination of all the TR ground AA advantages and the vicious positive feedback loop this creates (more sythes and reavers go down, more mossys to sythe/reaver ratio, more TR air power compared to NC/VS = vicious positive feedback loop) that is creating a problem. It's also compounded by the fact A2A predators avoid TR airspace and thus pros and packs that hunt ESFs in enemy air space are almost never hunting mossys, they are always going after reavers and sythes, again, all because of the striker.

What I mean by it's getting out of hand is that I'm seeing TR pilots on average becoming better and more experienced as a result which is making the vicious positive feedback loop even more vicious. What I'm really afraid of is that the devs balance around the data, specifically SPH and K/D ratios. I don't want to see the mossy nerfed, the mossy the great. To fix this imbalance I hope they realize it's the ground AA and how this has effected the air game. I can't imagine this is only Connery where this is going on.
Old 2013-07-12, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Snafu runs the most organized and scary air wings on Connery, for sure. But we can't, and shouldn't nerf snafu to achieve balance; plus I think the reason why Snafu is finding more and more pilots to fly for him is because there are simply more Mossys getting more flying time since they aren't dropped as frequently as Sythes and Reavers from ground AA. Also I kind of agree with Noxous, it really is all about the Striker it's just exacerbated by the combination of all the TR ground AA advantages and the vicious positive feedback loop this creates (more sythes and reavers go down, more mossys to sythe/reaver ratio, more TR air power compared to NC/VS = vicious positive feedback loop) that is creating a problem. It's also compounded by the fact A2A predators avoid TR airspace and thus pros and packs that hunt ESFs in enemy air space are almost never hunting mossys, they are always going after reavers and sythes, again, all because of the striker.
Unfortunately you're hitting on a weak point of this game here: Everything is a positive feedback loop. Everything.
Vastly outnumbered at a facility fight? People will leave or snipe from spawn.
People's tanks get killed again and again? Run out of resources, everyone pulls tanks at different times, tanks get picked off one by one as they come out.
The Zerg will win a facility fight. Everyone hops aboard and joins the zerg for support XP from repairing, reviving, assist and cap XP.
If people are pushed to their spawn room at random, for any reason, immediately they are at a disadvantage because the enemy knows where they are coming from, and the defenders can thereby outnumber the attackers and still lose because they're caught in the choke point of their own spawn.
Less territory meaning less resources (even if there is a smaller front line, vehicles>infantry)

Devs are trying to fix this, and it's been getting better. "Reinforcements needed" leading away from the zerg and to balanced battles. Spawn room revamp. Less XP for spawn-farmed players, and more for high threats. Basing resources less on territory control (rich get richer effect). XP bonus for low pops.

But snowballing is a problem in a game like this, and we've got to continue trying to get rid of it by going against the zerg. Tank columns, coordinated outfits, that kind of thing. So yeah, good luck against the Strikers, hope other factions get better G2A survivability soon!
Old 2013-07-12, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Says the guy who flies Scythes. Haha, nope.
Nox has over 5 days in a Mosquito and over 7 days in a Scythe. He has far more credibility than you.
Old 2013-07-12, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
Nox has over 5 days in a Mosquito and over 7 days in a Scythe. He has far more credibility than you.
...can't find a nice way to say GTFO right now.
Old 2013-07-12, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Dickwaving Detected: Thread Aborted.

Next up on PSU - Lululemon's VS spandex contract cancelled! New supplier sought!
Old 2013-07-12, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Kirotan
Corporal

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
...can't find a nice way to say GTFO right now.
There's no need to be rude when you can easily state your case.

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
I completely disagree. There are more mosquitos buzzing around because they are the hardest to shoot down as an ESF pilot due to their model, and any time a mosquito gets in trouble all they have to do is be within 500m of a striker. GG.
To which you replied:

Says the guy who flies Scythes. Haha, nope.
In a Mosquito, you have 20 kills and 54 vehicle kills.

Source: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...56913/vehicles

In a Mosquito, Noxous, on his alt, has 8529 kills and 3008 vehicle kills.

Source: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...12385/vehicles

Please explain to us why you disagree with Noxous that Scythes are harder to shoot down than Mosquitos. Feel free to cite any sources and factual evidence you have to back up your claim.
Old 2013-07-12, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kirotan View Post
Please explain to us why you disagree with Noxous that Scythes are harder to shoot down than Mosquitos. Feel free to cite any sources and factual evidence you have to back up your claim.
Well Mossys are harder to shoot down then sythes when chasing, because mossys have a wider range of evasive actions they can take while keeping speed and don't have a "weak angle" where the hitbox becomes huge while they are performing evasives. That said I think a sythe is better off in a hoverduel, I find it much harder to hit the pancake at medium range while hover strafing. This is one of the reasons I think the ESF balance is really good, because there is a good case to be made for each of the ESFs being "the best" and players with multiple days of playtime in multiple ESFs often disagree.

I also don't see where ninjadude ever really disagreed with Noxious. He even said on the first page that he thinks TR AA is OP compared to the NC and VS. To me it looks like ninjadude is a dedicated TR and just took a shot at Noxious who responded in kind with his K/D comment.
Old 2013-07-12, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kirotan View Post
There's no need to be rude when you can easily state your case.
We'd already sorted it out. There was no need for him to post this. I'd already conceded, was there a need for him to bring it up? Again?

I didn't want to be rude. I felt like telling him that he was being... stupid? A dick? Rude? By bringing it up again. I couldn't think of a decent way to say it. Sorry.
Old 2013-07-12, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Obstruction
First Sergeant

22-28% is more factual and still really bad.
world pop yeah, but all they do is stay on indar.
Old 2013-07-12, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Coltorl
Private

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
I have a feeling that the Scythe may come out on top after the ESF update. But this is simply an opinion and we will have to wait and see first.
That's what I was thinking too, with the projectile velocity on its rotary and increase in damage.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion