Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter) - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where its good to be a whore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-16, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Notser
Staff Sergeant

Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)

awesome work, clear winner for planetside 2 and cockpit aircraft vs the flying camera of planetside
Old 2012-04-16, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Well I do have one little nit-pick, its doesn't necessarily look like the cockpit of an airplane, It looks kinda like the dashboard from a sports car or something.

It looks too pretty and not functional enough, maybe make the specific altitude and speed readouts multi function displays that show some other stuff like weapon status or maybe radar and then make the big red block in the middle a primary flight display with speed, altitude and attitude indicator. Then throw some extra buttons and switches in there and your good to go.

Basically make it look like an engineer designed it and not someone who was actually good at designing interiors.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Zulthus
Colonel

As someone mentioned in the thread, can SOE confirm if passengers will be able to have a first person view inside the vehicles, (galaxy for example) seeing their squadmates?
Old 2012-04-16, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Ejaz
Private

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Actual screenshots require internal approval before they are released.

"Behind the scenes" camera shots don't.

Sounds about right.

Last edited by Ejaz; 2012-04-25 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
cryosin
Master Sergeant

So the graphics are better than Battlefield yet there are 100x more players on the map?

The math just doesn't add up!

Nice work, i really like it. Can't wait to see VS alien looking cockpit =D.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You could easily bake the whole cockpit from that screen on a lower poly mesh, and use that for the animations. Or use the cockpit as it is, seperate game object that just shows when enter/exit animation is happening.

Still, would need to do all those animations, and its still a good chunk of work to use those cockpits for the animations.

But who knows, i still want those animations. Gameplay already allows you to enter a vehicle spot when you are close to it (almost similar to PS). So its really just those animations.

You know what to do guys. Get me them!
By now, I guess all members of the dev team already know this and the fact that we want the animation back. We will see, though. Maybe when they starts to upgrade the capabilities of Forgelight yet again...
Old 2012-04-16, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
So the graphics are better than Battlefield yet there are 100x more players on the map?

The math just doesn't add up!

Nice work, i really like it. Can't wait to see VS alien looking cockpit =D.
As far as I know there's not going to be Destruction. That's a big deal...
Old 2012-04-16, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by lolroflroflcake View Post
Well I do have one little nit-pick, its doesn't necessarily look like the cockpit of an airplane, It looks kinda like the dashboard from a sports car or something.

It looks too pretty and not functional enough, maybe make the specific altitude and speed readouts multi function displays that show some other stuff like weapon status or maybe radar and then make the big red block in the middle a primary flight display with speed, altitude and attitude indicator. Then throw some extra buttons and switches in there and your good to go.

Basically make it look like an engineer designed it and not someone who was actually good at designing interiors.
Yeah sounds neat. =)

But PS2 at least has to have some futuristic feel to it, am I right?

And to Stardouser, you sound like PS2 won't have any sort of destruction at all... both at launch and post-launch plan. Just sayin'

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-04-16 at 09:27 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
As far as I know there's not going to be Destruction. That's a big deal...

Destruction really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Sure, it was cool to level a building with a rocket... but in the end, where did all of the cover go? The battlefield was a flat wasteland. I don't really want it in PS2.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Destruction really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Sure, it was cool to level a building with a rocket... but in the end, where did all of the cover go? The battlefield was a flat wasteland. I don't really want it in PS2.
You're exactly right. And, what's more, instead of going into a building to clear out enemies, all you do is spam AT rockets at the building until you find them. Bigger player counts are more important than destruction.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Shake
Private

Looks stupid good... look at those clouds... this game just looks ridiculously amazing, so pumped.

Can't wait to see the rest of the cockpits and vehicles now.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
You're exactly right. And, what's more, instead of going into a building to clear out enemies, all you do is spam AT rockets at the building until you find them. Bigger player counts are more important than destruction.
After playing the Starhawk beta, i have to agree.

The best tactic in the game was to place an inconspicuous bunker near the enemy base, and spam rockets at their buildings. Eventually you just kill their whole base if they don't deal with you.

Now imagine planetside, and 100+ players shooting rockets at a building. Either buildings would never die, or they would die instantly.

I'm not against destructible buildings and structures, but you would have to design gameplay around that feature. It's not something you add to the game very easily.

I do think Generators/Doors and other important objectives could be added to the game though.

Last edited by cryosin; 2012-04-16 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Bags
Lieutenant General

Plus destruction lost it's coolness after a few rounds for me, tbh.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Fenrys
Major

It should be translucent. If soldier-portable tech exists to make people semi-invisible, it should be light enough to fit into an aircraft to improve visibility for the pilot.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
It should be translucent. If soldier-portable tech exists to make people semi-invisible, it should be light enough to fit into an aircraft to improve visibility for the pilot.
Then it would also be light enough to fit on a MAX, a heavy assault, sunderer, galaxy, tanks, mines, etc....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion