Using gaming controllers on Planetside? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-07-20, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Frost Deus
Private

Using gaming controllers on Planetside?

My friend uses an Xbox 360 Controller for gaming, and said he has trouble using a mouse to aim instead of his controller. So is there any way to hook his Xbox controller to PS2?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2013-07-23, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Using gaming controllers on Planetside?

This is so foreign to me! I cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a controller

I've heard of people doing this but I can't say I know much about it, sorry

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-07-24, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Yes you can you just need to enable toggle aim on as you can't hold down the aim button and fire at the same time. unless they have recently fixed it. he should be able to plug the controller in and go with that. If he's unable to do so he may need to download the drivers for the controller and/or download an emulator to run it. I use Motion Joy for playing Dark Souls, the current bersios of it are much more stable than past versions.
Old 2013-09-27, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Escroteitor
Private

I have a common controller and use it to fly and drive without gunnery (sunders, harassers, galaxies). The driving is smoothly with a pad.

But I found issues with some features. For example I cannot use the pad to look around, it gets buggy.

Also when I try to look around (for example as an infantry or on a vehicle weapon) the game "stutters" when I move the analog in diagonal directions.
Old 2013-10-07, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PortlandZombie
Private

When I first got into Planetside 2, I used a controller. I came from consoles and Planetside 2 was the first M+K game that I ever really got into. I was using a Logitech (dont know the exact model) xbox style controller. If you go to options, then keybindings, you can set all the keybinding to your controller (note: there are too many functions in Planetside to fit on a standard xbox style controller). However, it didn't take long for me to suck it up and learn the M+K because you will NEVER be able to compete with someone using M+K when you are using a controller; that is why they incorporate aim assist in FPS console games.

Anyways, have fun and if you do get into Planetside I would recommend at least playing with M+K a little bit just to try it out. I have been playing console games my entire life (I had a nintendo 64 when I was in school) but ever since getting into PC gaming (with M+K), I have not even thought about going back to consoles.

PC gaming>consoles everyday of the week...in my opinion
Old 2013-10-07, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Escroteitor
Private

Originally Posted by PortlandZombie View Post
When I first got into Planetside 2, I used a controller. I came from consoles and Planetside 2 was the first M+K game that I ever really got into. I was using a Logitech (dont know the exact model) xbox style controller. If you go to options, then keybindings, you can set all the keybinding to your controller (note: there are too many functions in Planetside to fit on a standard xbox style controller). However, it didn't take long for me to suck it up and learn the M+K because you will NEVER be able to compete with someone using M+K when you are using a controller; that is why they incorporate aim assist in FPS console games.

Anyways, have fun and if you do get into Planetside I would recommend at least playing with M+K a little bit just to try it out. I have been playing console games my entire life (I had a nintendo 64 when I was in school) but ever since getting into PC gaming (with M+K), I have not even thought about going back to consoles.

PC gaming>consoles everyday of the week...in my opinion
I strongly disagree. When you have to do precise aiming obviously a M/K will outperform a controller.

But when flying or riding an harasser or sunder I prefer a controller. Is by far smoother.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions