News: 64 bit. Out as of 4/2/14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now where did I put that Galaxy?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-02, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chewy
Major

64 bit. Out as of 4/2/14

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...il-2nd.180843/

All servers will come down for scheduled maintenance beginning at 6:00 AM PT (2 PM CET). Players may note the following changes.The notes in italic parentheses are additional information from your Community Manager and may not be representative of the intent of it's preceding patch note.

Major Issue Status - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...6-2014.179848/
  • Area de-synchronization (players entering and existing areas causing areas) fix
  • 64 bit client implemented

64-bit Client
  • If you’re running a 64 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 64 bit client. If you’re running a 32 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 32 bit client. This should cut down on memory related client crashes. (If you are running a 16 bit processor, please put your original Super Nintendo back in the closet and load up PlanetSide 2).

New Items added to Depot!
  • New non-Player Studio Camos are available for purchase Right Meow.
  • A plethora of Player Studio items have been added to the release schedule. Coming soon: Lots more helmets, decals, and many of the camos that you’ve been pining for all these years. (By pine we mean of course strongly desire, not suffer a physical or mental decline. You should never grow that attached to your camo).

Missions Adjustments/Fixes
  • Defend missions will temporarily no longer use enemy population as a condition to trigger or end the Defend mission. This is to fix an issue causing Defend missions to not end properly and resulted bogus missions. This should reduce the number of missions available and result in more stable and predictable mission behavior.
  • Mission update delay when crossing region borders has been adjusted to reduce frequently changing missions. (This experiment with hardcore mode which provided "simulated conflicting orders" has proven unpopular. Message received!).
    • Aircraft are 30 seconds (up from 20)
    • Ground vehicles are 18 seconds (up from 10)
    • Infantry are 10 seconds (up from 8)
  • VO will now be played when a point is captured or lost at the mission’s facility.

Misc
  • Instant action drop pods will now be limited to areas around bases on Indar and Esamir. This change was already made on Amerish.(Your chance of skillfully tearing through a Liberator has not been reduced).
  • Optimized the art for the Reaver. (It's art. Don't try and understand why it's better. Just appreciate it like any civilized person should!).
  • Update to Reaver texture, empire colors, and camo patterns.

Bugs Fixed
  • Mouse clicks will close the death recap screen (You can now stop murdering your mouse button.)
  • Fixed cases where reinforcement and instant action spawn points would not show up appropriately.
  • Reaver fins should display empire color (small coverage) and camo.
  • Adjusted the location on the model of the NS sniper rifle strap ring. (Don't ask where it was before).
  • Fixed an issue where capture points could flip factions regardless of players being in the area. (To be very clear, we are not working on a Skynet type AI. It honestly no longer needs us.)
  • Fixed an issue when ALT tabbing or mouse clicking out of the client, the mouse will still interact with the game
  • Client crash fixed
Maybe it wont be such a bad fur day after all.

Last edited by Hamma; 2014-04-02 at 08:40 AM.
Old 2014-04-02, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: 64 bit. Out as of 4/2/14

1 question I have/had - does this mean that performace is gonna go through the roof now on 64-bit systems?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2014-04-02, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
1 question I have/had - does this mean that performace is gonna go through the roof now on 64-bit systems?
Lol no. It basically means you won't (or shouldn't) crash as often due to memory leaks since the game will have more memory available to it.
Old 2014-04-02, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Hell yeah! This is good news. I was dropping several times a night.

Old 2014-04-02, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Grizzo
Private

So we don't need to re-install or do anything? Just click play on the launcher as before?
Old 2014-04-02, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Grizzo View Post
So we don't need to re-install or do anything? Just click play on the launcher as before?
I believe Higby said when you run the launcher it will auto detect your OS and update to which ever version is appropriate. After you patch you may have to re-launch to enable the new 64 bit or it may just relaunch itself. Not sure how they will handle that but at any rate no it isn't something you need to get overly involved with.
Old 2014-04-02, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

The game is really unstable after this patch. Weird input lag or acceleration while aiming, and crashes every 10/15 minutes.
Old 2014-04-02, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea, we have had to cancel tonight's Community Clash due to client instability.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2014-04-02, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Falcon_br
Captain

It is strange, windows still says that planetside2.exe * 32
Implying it is 32 bits.
Browsing the game directory, I see several files with duplicates, *86 and *64. All of them .dll
I think all resource going 64 bits did decrease objects pop up in game, I didn't have a crash.
But I will only be happy when the main .exe becomes a 64 bits application.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-04-02, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chewy
Major

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...client_to_fix/

"For you @planetside2 folks having issues with the new client, we are rolling back to 32 bit to resolve a few issues."

The 64bit version was remove for it being crashy and unplayable for some players. But there are reports as well of the 64bit helping performance as well. I don't know the full details, but seems like it could have just been more sub-par PCs being bad or people not updating things for 64bit stuff.
Old 2014-04-03, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

I was getting positive results from the 64 version. Better performance and stability.

Old 2014-04-03, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Grizzo
Private

I had loads of crashing last night. Awful! Within the first 5 minutes of logging in, the screen froze for a few seconds the crashed to desktop.
Old 2014-04-03, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Performance is probably better since there are less people playing overall and particularly after this patch which caused crashing for many.
Old 2014-04-03, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Can't wait for it to get fixed, even if it is for next month's update. The sooner PS2 is out of the 32-bit era the better.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Grizzo View Post
I had loads of crashing last night. Awful! Within the first 5 minutes of logging in, the screen froze for a few seconds the crashed to desktop.
That's weird... I played through a whole alert and never crashed once last night using the 32 bit client.

The game crashed within half an hour of playing with the 64 bit client.

I suppose it is obvious that, with so many different PC setups that any game, as complex as this is never going to be 100% for everyone. Makes me wonder if SOE can't wait to get it onto the PS4
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion