"You got lucky" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 1 gun + another gun = 2 guns. Wow we are smart!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-29, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

"You got lucky"

I get a tell with this at least once every single time I play. Let me give you a little background. I play almost exclusively in the infil suit. I almost exclusively use the knife to kill (probably 80% of my kills). All other kills would be either vehicular or through ACE use. The vast majority of my ACE use is mining vehicles, or setting up Spitfires in order to distract somebody I plan on stabbing. I literally don't even have a loadout with a pistol or grenades (grenades I suck at, pistol I was good with but takes far less skill than the knife). I'd rather be able to carry the maximum amount of ACEs with each loadout and the knife takes no inventory space.
My implants are Enhanced Targetting, Sensor Shield and Melee Booster. I only use the knife on alt mode. So I'm choosing to use a weapon that makes a distinctive noise, and which is useless unless I'm right on top of you. I don't have Dark Light (crutch implant that I wish they'd remove from the game) so I rarely fight other cloakers, but I will chase them down and knife them if opportunity presents itself. The vast majority of my kills are people in reinforced, the vast majority of those I attack while they are at full health. Unless you have Second Wind or Personal Shield, 2 stabs and you're done. I'm just dumbfounded that the people letting me know I got 'lucky' are inevitably the clowns with reinforced and either the MCG or the Lasher. They almost always have Dark Light (stupid crutch implant). They have everything stacked in their favor. That's why I get a kick out of killing them, and that's why telling me I got lucky is going to get you an earful. See, if you spam a Lasher and tell me I got 'owned' you look like a moron. You're supposed to win that matchup. When you spam your Lasher and I kill you with my knife anyhow, that's owned. Telling me I got lucky just let's me know I injured your pride, and gives me the green light to talk smack.
Old 2004-07-29, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

/me comforts Madcow
Old 2004-07-29, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

I have to agree with you and if someone spams taunts after triple shotting me while they are in rexo and I'm in agile I tell the to piss off and don't come back until their testicles have descended
Old 2004-07-29, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Lartnev
/me comforts Madcow
Yeah...
Old 2004-07-30, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I actualy feel for you, its similar to when being a medium assault troop i get lashed/jacked/MCG'd and then have the stupid newb in agile or reinforced send me a tell. I just hit him with a "whatever boss" they usualy dont know how to respond

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion