"unlimited" 7-day trial - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats the recipe for plasma?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-05, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
3lite
Private

"unlimited" 7-day trial

ok this is quite interesting in my opinion. i got the 7 day planetside trial about 1 month ago and i kept making new fileplanet acc to get it longer..im sure im not the only one... any way, now that the 7day trial i though i couldnt play anymore. surprisingly after my trial was suppose to end.. it didnt. so i went to subscription editing...and it said my trial would end august 18. weird aint it? did this happen to anyone else here? i hope patches wont mess this up...srry for kinda unrelated topic...
Old 2003-09-06, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I'm sorry to tell you but I kinda do hope that patches will mess this up and Core Combat will soon come out so you won't be able to do the Core Combat stuff. The reason I want the next patch to mess this up is because a lot of people are paying for the game and now some people can get a super long free trial while we pay for the game. It's totally unfair to us paying players.
Old 2003-09-06, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Otis
Master Sergeant

Yeah I've heard of this too, a couple people I know have had a "7-day" free trial for quite some time now.
Old 2003-09-06, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
madmatty
Private

Ive also had the extra days on the trial, It was long enough to decide that the game simply ist worth paying for in its currenty state. far too many bugs and crashing and cheats on the system.
The game should never have been put on sale as it hasnt left beta yet, people are subscibing to a game that isnt finished yet.

it wouldbe so bad if the game was constantly being updated to fix the bugs, but it just doesnt seem to be happening. more effort is going into making the vanu weaker and weaker then smaking the game crash less. Im sure someone will pop up and say the game runs flawlessly and has never crashed, , but this isnt really a reality since durring play ya see so many lagging out and requesting to rejoin squads after they have crashed.

The game engine sucks, the game is slow slow requiring lowest deetails settings on modern cards and as for the netcode .... we really shouldnt being seeing the amount of lag that this game gives out, with a ping of sub 100 the game is so not fun durring a one on one shootout the oponent can win even when he shooting randamly and not even facing you.

The game had so much potential but it just hasnt happened. hopefully the upcomming HaloPC can fix that and that will be where my money is going. That is unless HalfLife2 comes first.
Old 2003-09-06, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Otis
Master Sergeant

FYI, Halo 2 is coming out in Febuary. So Halo PC should be out soon.
Old 2003-09-06, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
3lite
Private

PlanetSide sucks? why are you in this thread then? get outta here!, anyway though, im not talking about just the simple 7day trial, but i have a well, as u say unlimited version of the game. i hope patches wont ruin...
Old 2003-09-06, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Planetside is the best!

Also there aren't many bugs there used to be a lot more.
Old 2003-09-09, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ZEU5
Private

If you have a Vanu character then there is the reason for your lag. You can ask any TR or NC player...we don't get lagged when we fight each other...only you. The sheer bulk of Lashers firing (and all of the particle effects that are rendered from all the VC weapons) ALWAYS cause lag.

I don't see how you can stand to fight with VC...you lag yourselves with every battle. At least the TR and NC get a break from it when we fight each other.
Old 2003-09-09, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ZEU5
Private

Correction I meant VS when I wrote VC
Old 2003-09-10, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TigerOmega
Private

I have to disagree with you about the lag. I've been playing for about 3 weeks now and have not had any lag whatsoever. I play on the Emerald server and it works just fine.
Old 2003-09-13, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Does yours still work 3lite? Mine quit working on the 9th. I bought it on the 10th online, hoping it gets here on Monday since it didn't make it today.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion