News: Adam Clegg @Arclegger talks Weapons - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why are the NC so obsessed with birds?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-01, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Re: Adam Clegg @Arclegger talks Weapons

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
if they wanted to make it even better they could make it so you could fly with them with the app as well as in game.

OH.
GOD.
YES!!

Old 2013-07-01, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SexyTRex
Private

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
The TR have more high fire rate weapons than any other faction, the fastest fireing weapon in the game (one of the SMGs) and pretty sure they have the fastest, LMG aswell. The only cathegory where another faction has a gun with a higher ROF than ther highest are assault rifles.
Actually in assault rifles TR have the highest fire rate in the Cycler TRV. In LMGs TR (CARV, MSW-R) and VS (Orion) are tied for highest. Where TR fall short is in carbines where NC (GD-7F) and VS (Serpent) both have a weapon at a higher fire rate. TR generally have the largest magazines which I enjoy.

For a friendly and casual outfit www.team-brh.com

Last edited by SexyTRex; 2013-07-01 at 01:27 PM.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

STALKER CLOAK;
Overdue. Withhold judgement until we see how it works.

.....will "Darklight" Implant become available ?

MOTION SENSOR;
Overdue. Better late than never. Classic SOE. Will it render Scout Radar-5 Flashes somewhat obsolete ? I'm tired of SOE killing off Cert Trees (or major branches) on their players.

RECON DRONE:
Sounds great. Again, it seems to effectively kill-off Radar Certs on other long-established platforms. Souinds very cool. It could make life for Sundy's even SHORTER........(bring back cloaked AMS asap)

RE-CERTIFICATION (RESET) IN OCTOBER ?
.....the way SOE nerfs & buffs classes, weapons, abilities,......they absolutely should offer this once a month (at least for Paid Sub customers) and then perhaps quarterly for F2P customers.

(Essentially, I guess I agree with Lonehunter.....STALKER CLOAK. MOTION SENSOR, & RECON DRONE)

.....waiting until October for a Re-Certification ...... is too damn long. However, if they let us re-cert now, by October 25% of most players Certs would be obsolete (again) anyway.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-07-01 at 02:36 PM.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
EVILoHOMER
Major

Underslung MCG
Old 2013-07-02, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
STALKER CLOAK;
Overdue. Withhold judgement until we see how it works.

.....will "Darklight" Implant become available ?

MOTION SENSOR;
Overdue. Better late than never. Classic SOE. Will it render Scout Radar-5 Flashes somewhat obsolete ? I'm tired of SOE killing off Cert Trees (or major branches) on their players.

RECON DRONE:
Sounds great. Again, it seems to effectively kill-off Radar Certs on other long-established platforms. Souinds very cool. It could make life for Sundy's even SHORTER........(bring back cloaked AMS asap)

RE-CERTIFICATION (RESET) IN OCTOBER ?
.....the way SOE nerfs & buffs classes, weapons, abilities,......they absolutely should offer this once a month (at least for Paid Sub customers) and then perhaps quarterly for F2P customers.

(Essentially, I guess I agree with Lonehunter.....STALKER CLOAK. MOTION SENSOR, & RECON DRONE)

.....waiting until October for a Re-Certification ...... is too damn long. However, if they let us re-cert now, by October 25% of most players Certs would be obsolete (again) anyway.
This in mind, I imagine the re-cert will be delayed until the class updates and vehicle updates are... up to date.

That'd make sense in my mind at least
Old 2013-07-02, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Recon drone should be a tiny RC version of each factions ESF.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
HydroBIG BANG
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
[*]Strait Pull Bolt Action - zoom/fire and reload your gun not leaving your scope.
One of the main reasons i quit Battleflop3 a long time ago was because of how easy it was to snipe with a strait pull bolt which led to snipers being spammed left and right,I feel like this is an attempt to cater to the COD and BF3 players and i'm gonna fucking shit a brick if infantry combat in PS2 turns into a sniper fest where the only way to live is to spam ADADADAD until your keys melt.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by HydroBIG BANG View Post
i'm gonna fucking shit a brick if infantry combat in PS2 turns into a sniper fest where the only way to live is to spam ADADADAD until your keys melt.
It already is like that, playing as a sniper is difficult enough. Having to put three HIGH POWERED sniper rounds into a heavy assault to kill it with a bolt action is ridiculous. Sitting in the shadows waiting for someone to stand still is boring as hell. I honest to god sniped a medic 5 times, and his ability to heal and fast shield recharge meant a tank had to kill him. 5 effing rounds!

These arnt particularly huge issues, but lethality of a sniper trying to hit a moving target, with twitchy fast unpredictable movement animations. And the general fact that standing still doesnt give you and substantial recoil bonus. Means sniping can be hell, and its the only reason i play PS2.

I dont think that sniping boosts have to be game breaking, i would happily give up my cloak if i could have longer steady aim, and the none zoom out bolt action.

The recon droid i think would work better if you can just deploy it in an area and it auto spots enemies for you within a certain radius. And it can be shot down by enemy troops.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Sitting in the shadows waiting for someone to stand still is boring as hell.
Watch for heavy assault's with rocket launchers and wait until they hold still to aim. Snap crackle pop, rice crispies.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by Edfishy View Post
Watch for heavy assault's with rocket launchers and wait until they hold still to aim. Snap crackle pop, rice crispies.
I know that's the easiest way to get kills, and its partly how i got my auraxium medal for my parallax.

But my point is, you shouldnt be begging for kills when you have the most powerful anti infantry rifle in the game. Having to put three bullets in an heavy assault, or 1 head shot is asking for alot more skill on your part particularly when hes coming at you with a high fire rate gun, and getting one bullet in you drops your shield.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2013-07-02, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

I know that's the easiest way to get kills, and its partly how i got my auraxium medal for my parallax.

But my point is, you shouldnt be begging for kills when you have the most powerful anti infantry rifle in the game. Having to put three bullets in an heavy assault, or 1 head shot is asking for alot more skill on your part particularly when hes coming at you with a high fire rate gun, and getting one bullet in you drops your shield.
If there were trenches and cover ala Red Orchestra 2, it might be more reasonable to include something near one-shot kills for snipers. There's so little valuable cover in PS2 that I get the feeling it'd just be lame. But hey, why not 'bump' the damage a bit during a patch to find out!?
Old 2013-07-03, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Cromation
Private

All I want is to have cloaks look the same throughout high/medium/low settings.
Old 2013-07-16, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
camycamera
Major

*revives dead thread*

well, this is what the recon drone looks like, for the VS at least:

Old 2013-07-16, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

It doesn't look particularly VS to me. Probably the same for all factions (with different colours ofc).
Old 2013-07-16, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

It's not like headshots are that hard to get really, if you're close enough even their nanoweave suit slot won't save 'em.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion