Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just like disneyland, without the rat problem
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-16, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
You will be able to in a couple of years. I think some aircraft may even have it now.

They use cameras placed on the outside of the aircraft to stream video to the pilots helmet in the direction he/she is looking.

May even be possible to get that third person feel if you just extend a camera on the end of a wire lol
This still wouldn't ever replace a cockpit, as they usually present more information then you can cram onto a helmet visor.
Old 2012-04-16, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Via Higby on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status/191988033925562370

So it's forced it appears.
<3 you, Higby. Great to hear.
Old 2012-04-16, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Skittles
Sergeant

Should not be forced. Like someone mentioned earlier with the grass. Look if you're too stupid to turn off things that block your FOV then you deserved to be killed by those that do.

This is the reason 90% of you will be xp fodder and have been in PS1. You bitch, moan, complain about shit thats easily fixed by actually adapting to your enviroment, but instead go the route of "the dev team needs to change this".
Old 2012-04-16, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
Should not be forced. Like someone mentioned earlier with the grass. Look if you're too stupid to turn off things that block your FOV then you deserved to be killed by those that do.

This is the reason 90% of you will be xp fodder and have been in PS1. You bitch, moan, complain about shit thats easily fixed by actually adapting to your enviroment, but instead go the route of "the dev team needs to change this".
If your fodder in an airplane despite your best efforts then, its not because of something so insignificant as a cockpit. The slight reduction in the FOV will make zero difference simply because planes in a dog fight shoot past you they don't dance around in front of you. Really what difference does it make if someone disappears under your dash half a second earlier then they would have if it was the edge of your screen they were disappearing under. Its very little to none, so turn it off or leave it on but don't flame others for their personal choice. I for one think its super cool and would probably leave it on if we had the choice.

Last edited by lolroflroflcake; 2012-04-16 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I kind of missed the party but if cockpits were in and not forced, I would lobby for optional iron sights and gun display for troopers.
Old 2012-04-16, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
You will be able to mouse look in the cockpit as well:

http://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status/191987651497304066
Now you're just showing off.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Really
Private

Either decrease the size of it a bit or don't force it; that thing's taking up nearly 1/3 of the screen and although it may look nice, I'd much rather see what the hell's going on down there.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
I kind of missed the party but if cockpits were in and not forced, I would lobby for optional iron sights and gun display for troopers.
Speaking of "iron sights", since apparently that's a metaphor for the aim-down-sight mechanic and not for iron sights literally, what I've been wondering is, will you be able to customize your rifles by using magnification scopes, or is an iron sight rifle always going to be iron sights? Remember that even when you have a scope, you still "aim down sight" with it.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Really View Post
Either decrease the size of it a bit or don't force it; that thing's taking up nearly 1/3 of the screen and although it may look nice, I'd much rather see what the hell's going on down there.
Lower the nose or use third person or flip upside down and use free look, I'm in favour of the last option its cooler.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Really
Private

Originally Posted by lolroflroflcake View Post
Lower the nose or use third person or flip upside down and use free look, I'm in favour of the last option its cooler.
Haha that is actually the most badass suggestion ever. I retract all previous comments
Old 2012-04-16, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Speaking of "iron sights", since apparently that's a metaphor for the aim-down-sight mechanic and not for iron sights literally, what I've been wondering is, will you be able to customize your rifles by using magnification scopes, or is an iron sight rifle always going to be iron sights? Remember that even when you have a scope, you still "aim down sight" with it.
Maybe they will do the scope mechanic like Red Orchestra 2 though it would be suprising and maybe harder to add futuristic effects on our vanu scoped weapons.

I'm also very curious about vehicles and their gunners... Cockpits too ? That would make sense but as I said... I'm curious to see the end result.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Just wanted to say that I voted "yes". Cockpit actually gives a certain degree of air-to-infantry farming denial.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Maybe they will do the scope mechanic like Red Orchestra 2 though it would be suprising and maybe harder to add futuristic effects on our vanu scoped weapons.

I'm also very curious about vehicles and their gunners... Cockpits too ? That would make sense but as I said... I'm curious to see the end result.
It would be awesome if you could see the interior of your tank's cockpit...and interact with certain equipment in it. For example, look at the map and the orders on a screen inside. Same for aircraft, for that matter.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Nothing will be as cool As WC: Privater.

Functional Cockpit for the win.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
It would be awesome if you could see the interior of your tank's cockpit...and interact with certain equipment in it. For example, look at the map and the orders on a screen inside. Same for aircraft, for that matter.
OOoooh... Customizable vehicle environments... That would start to be a bit much to ask, but hell ! How would I then stop spending money on PS2 ?

EDIT: On the bad side, I'd be glued to my tank seat until the novelty effect wears off. And this could take a while...

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-04-16 at 05:21 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion