The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST LET THE THREAD DIE, MAN!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-06-03, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13

This was some of the most intense and fervent fighting I've experienced recently. Us VS were desperate to hold onto our Indar lock.
TR held their lanes in the north, but NC were met with a continual tug of war in the southern lanes with VS forces. Yell chat was filled with "TR DO NOT FIRE ON NC, WE HAVE A TRUCE" and "DO NOT FIRE ON TR, ONLY VS" etc.

The real breaking point seemed to happen when NC lost Tawrich and their link, to the TR, which crippled them.

Was a very good attempt, and I'm glad we held our lock, but you guys really had me worried.
Old 2013-06-03, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13

I was gone most of day and only logged about 15 minutes and farmed some VS, but the bottom line is once the TR pushed to VS WG, the VS only needed to fight NC. That left NC in a 1 on 1 with VS while TR was attacking them. On top of that, some VS went TR to attack NC flanks (yourself included). I'd have done the same if I was playing VS - it's smart. Nothing special about holding out. Lattice dumbs down the game and limits options. I was only there for 15 minutes or so, but it was an epic farm for me.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-06-03, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jax Blake
Private

The lack of ARA meant that the helios outfits and not even the one good one (82IN,) were left to take the final bases and the shear retardation that they represent meant that the continent lock wasn't ever going to go away. After what 6-7 hours of a failed siege I doubt losing a piece of Tawrich was the turning point.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
This was some of the most intense and fervent fighting I've experienced recently. Us VS were desperate to hold onto our Indar lock.
TR held their lanes in the north, but NC were met with a continual tug of war in the southern lanes with VS forces. Yell chat was filled with "TR DO NOT FIRE ON NC, WE HAVE A TRUCE" and "DO NOT FIRE ON TR, ONLY VS" etc.

The real breaking point seemed to happen when NC lost Tawrich and their link, to the TR, which crippled them.

Was a very good attempt, and I'm glad we held our lock, but you guys really had me worried.
I remember doing something similar against the VS and NC on Indar back when we had the continent and were at the top WG. Best fight of my PS2 career. Win or lose, you can't beat these kinds of moments.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-06-03 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

I was sorely disappointed with the NC leadership yesterday. The entire NC Empire got played for suckers in the worst way.

Because of the large rock formation directly to the east of Ceres Biotech, the main NC force got funneled to the facility from the south-east. That put the Spawn room directly between us and the capture point and allowed the VS to defend from behind their shields.

It didn't take me very long to figure this out, so I circled the rock formation and approached from the north east. What I found was the TR camped out on the slope directly north of the capture point building - not advancing at all. Since I was being told we had a truce with the TR, I decided I would go ahead and cross the field in front of them to get to the capture point. I figured the VS would kill me long before I got there, but there was surprisingly no fire coming out of the north side of the base.

I got 50m from the building and was cut down from behind by a hail of bullets. They had come from the TR. I was immediately suspicious, so I took another run around the rock. This time I was met by the TR actively engaging any NC the rounded the north end of the rock. It was not "one or two strays", it was a concerted effort.

They were not advancing on the capture point and they were not allowing us to advance on the point either. Why? I checked the map. What I saw came as really no surprise: The TR were advancing on all fronts into the NC territory. I bounced back into the game and once again went around the north end of the rock, but this time I just hung back and counted. There was maybe a platoons worth of TR - MAYBE, that's really a stretch. Where were all of the rest? Back capping our territory.

The TR were shrewdly stalling the NC at the VS's last territory so they could grab up land behind us. I tried to raise the alarm in region chat but nobody was listening, especially not the NC leadership who insisted we had a truce. FOOLS! How could you be so gullible?

I redployed back to the gate and went out the see what I could do the hold the back lines. My suspicions were confirmed - it was not one or two stray back hackers - it was whole Outfit Platoons - [EXE] to be specific. Meanwhile the NC leadership continued to bash the collective empires head on the rock that was Ceres Biotech. I logged out in disgust.

To the TR leadership who organized such a coup, I have to show begrudging admiration. You played us for suckers and we took the bait hook-line-and-sinker. Well played, sirs.

tl;dr: Empire, I am disappoint.

PS: (Lattice Lines = No Strategy) = My lily white ass!

Last edited by The Degenatron; 2013-06-03 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2013-06-03, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jax Blake
Private

LoL @ That

The person trying to organize the "coup" was Field Marshal Lepalose and other members of the Terran Alliance, and he was pretty much doing everything he could to take the VS continent lock not the whole continent.

Exe that whole outfit you say was off back hacking = "Helios." I have been trying to get all of these retarded helios people rolled back off of Connery and back to whatever hellhole server they came from before I catch whatever it is that they have.

The NC failed because only 1 of the Connery outfits were around to try and get shit done, these new people, these Helios players, they are effin garbage (82IN excluded and they weren't there either.)
Old 2013-06-03, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lepalose
Private

Yeah, as Jax has said before, I feel sorry for the NC from Connery. I suppose they can use the new players for meat-shields at least.

As far as subverting NC - this was multiple hours of a siege. At one point (earlier on) NC was encroaching on a lot of TR territory, which got TR randoms to respond, and of course jerks from VS who switched to try and get NC to back off the VS front.

The majority of old-Connery TR (90+%) outfits/people were clamping down on the VS warpgate. We even tried to back off to let NC by the northern route around that rock-cliff for a while. But this was no formal alliance, this was just practicality. And of course, control over pubbies? I think not - they see enemies, they shoot enemies - simple as that. Getting them to not do that would be incredibly difficult.

On our part, we did basically everything we could, short of switching to VS and sabotaging their defense from within - because what kind of jerk would take pride in winning a fight in a game that way?
Old 2013-06-03, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jax Blake View Post
LoL @ That

The person trying to organize the "coup" was Field Marshal Lepalose and other members of the Terran Alliance, and he was pretty much doing everything he could to take the VS continent lock not the whole continent.

Exe that whole outfit you say was off back hacking = "Helios." I have been trying to get all of these retarded helios people rolled back off of Connery and back to whatever hellhole server they came from before I catch whatever it is that they have.

The NC failed because only 1 of the Connery outfits were around to try and get shit done, these new people, these Helios players, they are effin garbage (82IN excluded and they weren't there either.)
Here's my problem with that whole statement: I saw with my own eyes. I sat and watched what the TR were doing at Ceres Biotech. If Lepalose was "doing everything he could" then he was the only one - and that certainly didn't include rushing the facility because I sat and watched for a good five minutes - certainly long enough to see SOMEBODY try and cross the short span between the hill north of Ceres Biotech and the CP building. Nobody from the TR did that.

And I pointed out EXE because they were the biggest organized platoon I ran across in the backfield. There were plenty more; some affiliated, some not.

And did I miss a patch note? When did WGing a faction to break their cont-lock go into effect? By the rules I've known since it went into effect, you have to capture all bases to take a cont-lock away by gaining it for your own Empire. I figured that was exactly what the TR were angling for: Let us NC stall and keep the VS busy while the TR back-hacked and then come around from behind Peris and wipe out the last hex at the VS WG.

I think my original assessment stands: The TR are dishonorable scum and the NC leadership were stupid to trust them.
Old 2013-06-03, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jax Blake
Private

So uh yeah you don't know what you're talking about, now that I know that I can stop my side of this conversation soon as I point out that Field Marshal Lepalose and other TTA members attempted to Gal drop biotech only to get slaughtered by the horde of Zoe maxes on the capture point. The TR you saw sitting back and shooting NC as they tried to approach from the North, did you not see the future crew guys talking about who the hell that might have been, or the TR who took Tawrich?

Hell even TTA Tank Commander WarbirdTD switched over to his NC alt to help out but after Gal dropping Biotech and seeing no other NC around for 300+ meters he said to hell with it.

Question though and then I'm done, are you from Helios?
Old 2013-06-03, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

just about the exact same situation going on right now, 6/3/2013, 3:24pm [PST]. TR have Indar Bay Point and Ceres Farms on lockdown, NC are struggling at Peris Amp Station.

NC are bad today :/
Old 2013-06-03, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
NC are bad always :/
FTFY
Old 2013-06-03, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jax Blake View Post
So uh yeah you don't know what you're talking about, now that I know that I can stop my side of this conversation soon as I point out that Field Marshal Lepalose and other TTA members attempted to Gal drop biotech only to get slaughtered by the horde of Zoe maxes on the capture point. The TR you saw sitting back and shooting NC as they tried to approach from the North, did you not see the future crew guys talking about who the hell that might have been, or the TR who took Tawrich?

Hell even TTA Tank Commander WarbirdTD switched over to his NC alt to help out but after Gal dropping Biotech and seeing no other NC around for 300+ meters he said to hell with it.

Question though and then I'm done, are you from Helios?
I've always been on Connery.

No I didn't see a Gal drop because I didn't waste my time for very long on that scene. It likely happened before I logged in. I didn't waste more than 30 minutes in that area, only 5 of which were spent actually watching the TR, which was frankly more than enough for me to see what was going on.

Here's an interesting thought: why would TTA A) not be able to send someone into that group and look who was there and B) talk on open /Yell chat?

You've said you think I'm stupid, and I guess you're trying to test that and see what line of BS I'll swallow.

I don't give you that benefit of the doubt - I assume you know EXACTLY what you are saying and have a specific motivation for saying it, which is to spread disinformation in an attempt to unkill the goose that lays the golden egg and discredit anyone who says "Hey, it looks a whole lot like the NC got played by the TR and we shouldn't let that happen again." Frankly, I don't think you have to work that hard - obviously the NC leadership is willing to buy any bill of goods the TR are selling.

I'm done too, I said my peace which was a simple message to my fellow Connery NC:

Old 2013-06-03, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Collusion between the empires, well thats never happened before :P lol. VS and TR do it to the NC and NC and TR do it to the VS.

Sorry I wasn't on all weekend to try and help the NC getting their heads out of their collective asses, guess I have to tell my GF sorry Space 'Murica needs me lol.

Old 2013-06-03, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
I've always been on Connery.

No I didn't see a Gal drop because I didn't waste my time for very long on that scene. It likely happened before I logged in. I didn't waste more than 30 minutes in that area, only 5 of which were spent actually watching the TR, which was frankly more than enough for me to see what was going on.

Here's an interesting thought: why would TTA A) not be able to send someone into that group and look who was there and B) talk on open /Yell chat?

You've said you think I'm stupid, and I guess you're trying to test that and see what line of BS I'll swallow.

I don't give you that benefit of the doubt - I assume you know EXACTLY what you are saying and have a specific motivation for saying it, which is to spread disinformation in an attempt to unkill the goose that lays the golden egg and discredit anyone who says "Hey, it looks a whole lot like the NC got played by the TR and we shouldn't let that happen again." Frankly, I don't think you have to work that hard - obviously the NC leadership is willing to buy any bill of goods the TR are selling.

I'm done too, I said my peace which was a simple message to my fellow Connery NC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfpfE0sepds
What did the TR gain by supposedly "betraying" the NC. It isn't like we would get anything by doing that. Why would we stop anyone from taking away the VS lock on Indar?

Old 2013-06-03, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

There's nothing to betray, there's no alliance. Only a mutual hate for VS having a bonus to pull more ZOE Max, Lol.

TR followed two separate lanes, held those lanes.

NC followed one lane, didn't make any progress, were pushed out of the fight by VS.

All of the lanes and fights, completely separate, with the only destination being the VS Warpgate and the NC can't push there lane.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)