VS and NC alliance on markov? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll wax your turtle.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-10, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Thats what I was thinking...who would of known. Except you guys.

Old 2004-02-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ducimus
Sergeant

Between the JH surge bunnies coming in the back door, and VS claokers letting off boomers in the same base's spawn room, as NC are trying to come in teh back door, its REALLY easy to think, feel, or otherwise beleive theres an alliance going on.

I find it hard to beleive the VS would stoop so low however, as it was my understanding that both the VS and TR have a mutal hatred for the NC.

Of course the other night could have very well proven me wrong, as being attacked simultainously by two empires at the same base, totally ignoring each other is a bit much.
Old 2004-02-10, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
KIAsan
First Sergeant

If there is an alliance, someone please tell the VS! The problem for the Markov TR is that you have a higher population, so you lock more conts, so we try our best to make sure your in the middle of any three way fight. It doesn't make sense fighting the VS, when the TR are stronger. So, our leadership (NC) have been directing attacks against the TR front lines. Usually it works, but sometime we end up getting squeezed in the middle (like we were last night).

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-10, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yeah...No not happening

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-10, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dyentious
I looked at the map several times and saw two huge enemy forces at two TR bases from NC, and another 2 huge enemy forces from VS at other TR bases, yet not a hotspot was indicating any sort of fight between vanu and NC.
You don't see hotspots between the other empires. So my guess is, they probably were fighting, and hard.

It's impossible to organize an alliance between empires.

Last edited by Angel_of_Death; 2004-02-10 at 11:09 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

The idea of alliances against a specific empire are almost always illusions rather than fact. In a threeway fight, it's usually to any empire's advantage to destroy the weakest opponent in a bid to elminate a potential threat early on. It's also an easy conquest (well, easier than attacking the stronger opponent). Therefore, if the TR is the weakest opponent, the VS and the NC are probably going to attack the TR first. It's not because of the alliance, but because the TR's bases are going to be easier to capture than going up against a far stronger VS or NC.

In any case, an empire-wide alliance with another alliance is absurd. For one, to get every player in an empire to agree with an alliance is pretty much impossible. Even if its a CR5 broadcasting the message, a lot of players just ignore the message. Even getting a small part of the empire to agree to it is pretty difficult. Between outfits, maybe, but that's not that big of a deal.

However, now that the pop changes have made it so all three sides can be at equal strength at any given time on any given continent, there will probably be fewer cases of two strong sides and one weak one. So who knows, maybe the Alliance myth will eventually fade away.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ducimus
I find it hard to beleive the VS would stoop so low however, as it was my understanding that both the VS and TR have a mutal hatred for the NC.
That is true, there has been some personal experience when an NC join a TR-VS battle, kill both sides with the anger-generator JH Suglies and find both TR's and VS concentrate on NC instead.

"An Enemy of my Enemy is a friend of Mine"
Well if only for a temporary instant...

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-11, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Otherick
Sergeant Major

it might have been 2 outfits helping each other out. Thats my best guess
Old 2004-02-12, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BunBun
Private

there wasn't a single hotspot anywhere else
didn't they patch it so that you can only see hotspots where your empire is somehow involved or in sight of?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion