A Few Ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Auraxis the only planet with war 24/7!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-20, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Subterfuge
Corporal

A Few Ideas

Not sure if they have been suggested or not, So bah.

Mortar system -

Basically it would be like any other ground mortar that could be carried around by a soldier, It would "deploy" on the ground and require two men to arm it. One to aim it, one to reload each shot. The aiming system could be similar to x,y axis.

Mine Vehicle -

A burly vehicle that has one purpose; lay mines. It could have two "pods" on each side that released about 4-6 mines each time in a parrallel pattern to the vehicle. Perhaps these "mines" could be a bit weaker since you could possibly spam them, limit to the number of mines on a continent/area.

AT aircraft -

Could be a sleek crescent shaped vehicle with a bump in the middle where the cockpit resides. It would have a weapon system that fires continious streams of energy (sort of like the mael primary) out of two cannons on each side of the vehicle, They could be primarily weak but penetrate armor at a fast rate. It would be extremely fast and agile but lacking in the way of armor, the shields however would be high.

Multi-purpose "Iron curtain" -

An orb shaped vehicle that splits open sort of like an orange, unveiling a sort of "shield" on a certain radius that protects all things inside of it for a period of time or until the "shield" is destroyed, I was thinking this could be a replacement for the router so it would be able to transport troops as well.

Feel free to expand
Old 2004-03-20, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Always thought the mine deployment vehicle would be awsome. Dont need a new vehicle. CEs get it added to lightning/ or the ANT.
Old 2004-03-20, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

mine deployment would be a nice little > br20/cr5 add on for vehicles (ant probably only)
Old 2004-03-20, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

from command and conquer red alert. I would notice anything from that game.

Old 2004-03-20, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I have been asking for mortars for a while. Only thing that comes close is thumper and you can't get the range/trajectory with that thing like a nice mortar cannon could.

I would like to see an AT maxunit before an aircraft. I think the air is already crowded enough and the Devs would have some work to make a good craft people would want to play but not unbalance air.

And lastly, if you have mine layers you need mine sweepers. I would just imagine a small lightning type veh. with an emp orb on a pole that you can have go off and basically EMP the mines away from your hull.

~Tide
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion