Great...Stupid Game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Didn't I wear this shirt the day after yesterday?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-25, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phaze
Private

Great...Stupid Game

I was all perfect and happy with waiting for World of Warcraft. Then I decided to read up on this game a bit. I find out it is an MMOFPS, hmm seems kind of cool. I go onto to read about the weapons and I ended up reading every one. Pfft, so what if they have super cool weapons. That doesn't mean the game is going to be good. Well, when I went down this list and saw the Flechette Rifle, I started having uncontrolable mouse clicking spasms. After I realized I had read the same four lines about the weapon 50+ times it was time to go onto more info.

Equipment was my next section I read. *YAWN* nothing that great. Grenade this, grenade that, minesweeper, WAIT HOLD ON A SEC, Minesweeper??? This must mean that there are mines in the game. YIKES!!! No way I am being caught with a mine stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Umm wait a minute, WOW FOREVER!!!

Next, was vehicles. The expected tanks, bikes, and so on. Well, this time when I got down to the Mosquito, I felt like someone grabbed me by the nuts and gave me a years supply of TREATZZA PIZZA from Dairy Queen; banana and strawberry flavor, extra large. I didn't know whether to cry or scream.

Now onto the Certs. This would have to be a carefully funded excercise. If I choose the wrong certs, my poor guy could SUCK. AHH YUMMY, medium assault, mosquito, and agile armor.

Ack, this is where things got sticky. I read up on factions. How could Sony make me choose between a faction. Can't I just be the middle man and be ALL of them. I guess not, so it ultimately came down to the coolest looking. That didn't work because they are all cool so I decided terran. (LONG LIVE STARCRAFT)

If my body didn't already take enough torment from this game, I came across Implants. YUMM, I always wondered what having one boob and being a man would be like. CRAP!!! it isn't like that but still cool stuff. MUST GET SILENT RUN!!!

I feel bad now. Blizzard has been my favorite company and now I have switched over to PS. I better go tell my girlfriend that we are braking up again. She is use to this ever since Everquest, Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, BroodWars, CounterStrike, and many others came out. She will think something is going on if we don't break up at least 5 times a year. Anyways, I knew I shouldn't had read up on this game.
Old 2003-02-25, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Saint
Captain

You got the PS fever, enjoy the wait.
Old 2003-02-25, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
The Eternal
Sergeant

You haven't even mentioned the Stratagy aspects, IE Command Rank, Set Squads Waypoints build platoons, organize large scale attacks. This game is the ultimate fool

Old 2003-02-25, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

We are all giddy little monkeys waiting for Planetside...

Planetside...
Old 2003-02-25, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SpazMonkey
Private

there is always starcraft ghost for xbox...
Old 2003-02-25, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally posted by The Eternal
You haven't even mentioned the Stratagy aspects, IE Command Rank, Set Squads Waypoints build platoons, organize large scale attacks. This game is the ultimate fool

Don't kill the kid!
Old 2003-02-25, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Fire_Monkey
We are all giddy little monkeys waiting for Planetside...

Planetside...
yes we are
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-25, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Now onto the Certs. This would have to be a carefully funded excercise. If I choose the wrong certs, my poor guy could SUCK.
You do know that you can drop a cert, then 24 hours later, replace it with something completely different right?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion