Crash Crash Crash!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware of Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-26, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mandalore
Private

Crash Crash Crash!!

Damn it, I don't know what has become of this game. It used to run stable all the time, now it crashes at least twice an HOUR. Sometimes I'll even log in and get constant crashes within the first minute. Log in, play 10 seconds, crash/hard lock, repeat three or four times.

I've updated my drivers to the 4.8 cats, then uninstalled them and reinstalled them again to ensure it was perfectly clean. Checked for all the latest hardware drivers (all up to date via driver/BIOS monitoring). Went and got the new DirectX 9.0c. Yet, I, and many others, seem to be faced with instability issues since Battle Islands.

Anybody else have to put up with this crap a lot? Are there any suggested tweaks to make it less frequent or fixed? I tried setting that Direct3D value to true like the patch notes suggested, that actually seemed to make it worst. These are usually CTDs, but often it occurs on the global map and it actually hard locks to the point where I have to cut the power to my PC. They are totally random. Sometimes it happens when I'm sitting in sanctuary, sometimes it happens when I fire the first bullet out of my gun, sometimes it happens when my enemy fires. MOST of them seem to happen as soon as an action starts. I spawn a Prowler, and it crashes when it first appears out of the vehicle bay. I turn left, and crash. I start running, crash. Etc, etc.

Pardon my language, but this is BULLSHIT. Bad enough I get insta-gibbed by half of the NC guns
Old 2004-08-26, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Dude, you've got a Dell.

Actually, I have no idea. Sorry to hear that.

In all honesty, Dells, Compaqs, and Alienwares can be VERY unreliable.

You could run a spyware check.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-08-26, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cauldron Borne
Captain

This happens often the first few weeks of a major patch. report EXACTLY what happens as often as you can, and expect to see a fixing patch in a week or so.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-27, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamorad
First Sergeant

though i have a better comp than that, it happens on mine frequently too. Not nearly as often, and only in certain situations like it'll sometimes crash when i go to ceryshen

Old 2004-08-27, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The only bad thing that happens to me is that I CTD when driving a Switchblade and shooting it. It is really annoying because I basically cant use the switchblade anymore.
Old 2004-08-27, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

My computer was locking up a lot since the Battle Island patch too, until an outfit member pointed out the workaround in the patch log. Has helped me a lot...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion