Who is the CG Trailer for? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We understand your needs...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
snaffe
Sergeant

Re: Who is the CG Trailer for?

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
But you need the trailer on the front page of big three, Gamespot, IGN and GT. I feel as publications are either losing their minds over this game or simply don''t care at all.
If I worked at Sony, I'd get a few Sony Vaios or something and send to the publications and like load the trailer on them. "Oh here, ahm, you might want to put this trailer on your first page for the next uahum, month".
Old 2012-07-19, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

But you need the trailer on the front page of big three, Gamespot, IGN and GT. I feel as publications are either losing their minds over this game or simply don''t care at all.
IGN, Gamespy, PC Gamer etc all just did big articles praising PS2, gamespot has been terribad recently so I wouldn't worry about them
Old 2012-07-19, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
tkoreaper
Private

The cinematic is designed specifically to spark people's interest. Even though it's not the complete cinematic, it still showed a small taste of what PS2 is about... BIG ASS BATTLES. I'm confident the whole cinematic will do it even more justice. Again, it's to spark interest... people will look for more videos/info when that happens.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

This was just a preview. Wait for the real trailer.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Planetside 2 has been on IGN UK's front page for a few days now.

Last edited by Sabrak; 2012-07-19 at 11:44 AM.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
"This is not the greatest trailer in the world. This is just a preview." -Tenacious D

Old 2012-07-19, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Senyu
First Lieutenant

IMO I thought it was to short. Everytime I was just starting to make out things in each scene and appreicate it, it changed to something else. Make the trailer longer so I don't have to pause it just to be in awe of all those galaxies that VS was looking at.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Deadeye
Sergeant

I'll admit it. The trailer is for me. Sorry to waste all your dollars on something for me (though if SWTOR taught us anything it's that money can't buy a great game). Be assured I will appreciate it. Thanks, all.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Thomas
Corporal

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
IMO I thought it was to short. Everytime I was just starting to make out things in each scene and appreicate it, it changed to something else. Make the trailer longer so I don't have to pause it just to be in awe of all those galaxies that VS was looking at.
It's a teaser trailer, it's meant to be fragmented.
Old 2012-07-19, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Yo dawg, we heard you like trailers...
Old 2012-07-19, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
damijin
Private

The trailer demonstrates that this is a AAA product that SOE has invested time into. A trailer may not do much to show you how the game plays, but it shows that the creators of the game are sinking money into production values and (presumably, by correlation) gameplay, support, and sustained lifespan.

The most important factor in an F2P game is "Will this game still be popular in 6 months?" if I spend my money today, will we all go on to the next hot thing and will I lose it? Or is this game going to be a big title with lasting power in the shooter arena (see: TF2).

Cinematics are part of the equation to portray a well-backed title that the creators are fully invested in, and to drum up interest from folks who have no exposure to Planetside 1 or 2.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
ROFL

Someone else deal with this Troll please before I put my head through the wall again
Old 2012-07-19, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Pavilo Olson
Private

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
ROFL

Someone else deal with this Troll please before I put my head through the wall again
You might as well put that head through the wall, some people cant read im afraid.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
ROFL

I love the slow degeneration of your patience from E3 until now, it's actually hilarious. I feel the same way >.>
Old 2012-07-19, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Pavilo Olson View Post
You might as well put that head through the wall, some people cant read im afraid.
Haha apparently not.. I need to start wearing head gear if I'm going to continue to browse this forum.

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
I love the slow degeneration of your patience from E3 until now, it's actually hilarious. I feel the same way >.>
I know right haha I've been trying to be patient but I'm already way past my breaking point
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion