Unexplainable thoughts... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will Wolfenstein 3D prepare me well for PlanetSide?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-15, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Unexplainable thoughts...

With the current situation with PlanetSide 2 (EU situation and the actual development stage of the game itself), I'm getting a more and more distinct feeling, like I'm ready and actually wanting to avoid participating in Beta.

To make it clear - it's not exactly a rant, but I will elaborate my points:
1. I think it's quite bad to have the US players exclusive early beta test. Why? Because in these stages the main foundation of the game is set. The game is designed for the entire world, but US and EU for instance have absolutely different mentalities... Take those OMGEUPLASMASPAM rants on PS forum after the merge, for example.
2. Still one continent and lots of graphical placeholders.

I urge people to view it as a worry, not whining.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-07-15 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: Unexplainable thoughts...

There were a few Euro's, a few Aussies, and one dude from Japan in the tech test.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
There were a few Euro's, a few Aussies, and one dude from Japan in the tech test.
If you view it this way, there is craploads of CN and Germans internally testing the game...

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Accuser
Sergeant Major

People have completely forgotten that Beta isn't the company giving us something, it's us giving something to the company. It's not a special little preview of the game, it's a test designed for the sole purpose of helping them develop it. If short, pre-scheduled test times, graphical issues, crashes during "play", and heaps of bugs would annoy you, it might be best to avoid the Beta anyway
Old 2012-07-15, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Has anybody said that europeans won't be allowed into the beta together with the americans?

What is happenign now is not the beta proper, it's an external technical test. They are trying to check what hardware configurations the game runs on and technical stuff like that.

The beta itself will not start until the technical tests are done, and we have no information to indicate that those of us who are european will have to wait until later in the beta to gain access.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
People have completely forgotten that Beta isn't the company giving us something, it's us giving something to the company. It's not a special little preview of the game, it's a test designed for the sole purpose of helping them develop it. If short, pre-scheduled test times, graphical issues, crashes during "play", and heaps of bugs would annoy you, it might be best to avoid the Beta anyway
I've been to quite a few betas (and one alpha-test actually), but my point is based exactly off of that. With all the feedback they're going to get it's gonna be very hard to keep that huge multitasking handled... Especially with their "we're forging it together" policy...

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Has anybody said that europeans won't be allowed into the beta together with the americans?

What is happenign now is not the beta proper, it's an external technical test. They are trying to check what hardware configurations the game runs on and technical stuff like that.

The beta itself will not start until the technical tests are done, and we have no information to indicate that those of us who are european will have to wait until later in the beta to gain access.
There's only one logical thing going to happen - they will invite europeans when they get a steady, TESTED (!!!) EU server (generally speaking, - EU hardware even...). And here're some sounding names are starting to pop up with "seven" in their names.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-07-15 at 05:19 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
There's only one logical thing going to happen - they will invite europeans when they get a steady, TESTED (!!!) EU server (generally speaking, - EU hardware even...). And here're some sounding names are starting to pop up with "seven" in their names.
I'm sorry, I'm not quite able to catch your point. Could you elaborate a little on what you think is going to happen?
The way I understand it, you are worried that american beta testers will have access to the beta sooner, and thus will be able to dictate the ultimate shape of the finished product more than us europeans will. Is that right?
Old 2012-07-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ZaBa
Corporal

You're whining worrying too much. Why would they even bother running a euro beta server if they weren't planning on taking feedback from them?
Old 2012-07-15, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
biglernz
Private

I vote that EUs not be allowed into any beta or tech test until they start paying taxes and solve their financial crisis....
Old 2012-07-15, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not quite able to catch your point. Could you elaborate a little on what you think is going to happen?
The way I understand it, you are worried that american beta testers will have access to the beta sooner, and thus will be able to dictate the ultimate shape of the finished product more than us europeans will. Is that right?
Yes. That may result in "plasma nerfs" (Yeah, I'm never forgetting that one).

Originally Posted by ZaBa View Post
You're whining worrying too much. Why would they even bother running a euro beta server if they weren't planning on taking feedback from them?
Why would people outside of Russia play World of Tanks?

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-07-15 at 05:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by biglernz View Post
I vote that EUs not be allowed into any beta or tech test until they start paying taxes and solve their financial crisis....
Theres a difference between europe and the European Union. My country isn't a part of the European Union, but it's still a European country. An we pay our taxes and don't have any financial troubles.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
biglernz
Private

you Nordic or UK?
Old 2012-07-15, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ZaBa
Corporal

Why would people outside of Russia play World of Tanks?
Step away from your computer. Remove your tinfoil hat. Go outside, breathe deeply, and say "Russian tanks are not OP".

Return, and recall that Russian game developers are basically all terrible when it comes to giving a shit about anyone who can't read Cryllic.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Yes. That may result in "plasma nerfs" (Yeah, I'm never forgetting that one).
Ok, so the heart of the problem is that you fear your voice won't be heard.
I can dig that.

But as I said, we have no indication that this will be the case. As you said, SOE cannot not let europeans in to the beta until stable european servers are available. I know there is some controversy over the company SOE has chosen to manage the european online servicde, but I don't think it will lead to europeans being barred from the beta for long periods of time. SOE wants to hear all our opinions and feedback, because the greater the portion of their fanbase they can please, the better the product they put out will be.

Don't worry, man. It'll be alright. ^^
Old 2012-07-15, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Um, i'm not too worried about them not letting Europeans and Aussies into the early stages of beta...

I'm sure that will happen.

I'm a little bit sad that there wasn't even the chance to get an early hands-on the game via the tech test for us though. Soon enough i rekon

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion