NC - Alt. Music? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop giving him hope!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-09, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

NC - Alt. Music?

I heard music from all 3 factions.

Vanu - Love it, and it's not annoying dubstep.

TR - Love it, Orchestral pieces, beautiful drums, nice score.

NC- WTFSOJ#_#(!(_#!-9319

NC music is terrible. Like some hick rock like NC are mountain ppl. I was planning on joining NC too but that music....destroys the very fiber of my being, at least its not country but its really damn close to it.

So now the real question, has there been any indication of alt music coming down the line for the different factions?

Good idea for NC music, metal not country rock. Think master of puppets. Then think of heavier metal. Death metal but just instrumental. Something that when I listen to it, makes me want to curb stomp fools.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FriarFin
Private

Re: NC - Alt. Music?

The devs have stated that it will be re-recorded with REAL instruments.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by FriarFin View Post
The devs have stated that it will be re-recorded with REAL instruments.
Sadly that doesnt make the NC music any better. It's still country rock.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

I'm NC and I'll most likely just mute the music if it remains the same. I was hoping it would feel more like: but it doesn't. All that said, the Vanu & Terran music is phenomenal.

Last edited by PlaceboCyanide; 2012-07-09 at 12:27 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ratstomper
Major

I like the NC music, but peoples opinions of it run the gamut. Some people really like it. Some people really hate it.

EDIT: Also, as someone who knows what country really is, my freaking soul shakes with annoyance at people calling it "hick rock", "hillbilly music" or any of that guff. You don't even know what mountain people would have listened to (protip: they didn't have electric guitars) and that music isn't bad either. What it comes down to are people with limited musical taste whining about music that "sucks" just because they don't personally like it.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-09 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PlaceboCyanide View Post
I'm NC and I'll most likely just mute the music if it remains the same. I was hoping it would feel more like: Ballad of Serenity - YouTube
but it doesn't. All that said, the Vanu & Terran music is phenomenal.
too slow

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
I like the NC music, but peoples opinions of it run the gamut. Some people really like it. Some people really hate it.

EDIT: Also, as someone who knows what country really is, my freaking soul shakes with annoyance at people calling it "hick rock", "hillbilly music" or any of that guff. You don't even know what mountain people would have listened to (protip: they didn't have electric guitars) and that music isn't bad either. What it comes down to are people with limited musical taste whining about music that "sucks" just because they don't personally like it.
NC music doesnt convey power, its too slow and can't imagine enjoying a fire fight while that plays in the background. Sorry for the comments about country music, I was rash and I know "to each his own". I just don't see it fitting in the game well.

Feel like this music genre/type/feel wouldve been perfect for NC. Take out the lyrics

Last edited by Masterr; 2012-07-09 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

:
Originally Posted by Masterr View Post
I heard music from all 3 factions.

Vanu - Love it, and it's not annoying dubstep.

TR - Love it, Orchestral pieces, beautiful drums, nice score.

NC- Free Bird

NC music is terrible. Like some hick rock like NC are mountain ppl. I was planning on joining NC too but that music....destroys the very fiber of my being, at least its not country but its really damn close to it.

So now the real question, has there been any indication of alt music coming down the line for the different factions?

Good idea for NC music, metal not country rock. Think master of puppets. Then think of heavier metal. Death metal but just instrumental. Something that when I listen to it, makes me want to curb stomp fools.
Fixed...

Last edited by VaderShake; 2012-07-09 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
:

Fixed...
dont get it.

NC music is bad tho!!
Old 2012-07-09, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Masterr View Post
dont get it.

NC music is bad tho!!

Come to think of it Ted Nugent would be a better spokes person for the NC

Old 2012-07-09, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Elude
First Sergeant

I think the NC music does go a bit overboard on the western oldy style guitars. Something along the lines of StarCraft 1 Terran music would be a nice fit me thinks.

Old 2012-07-09, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
duomaxwl
Captain

Wait until it has been recorded to pass judgement.
Honestly, I don't really see the hick/country that people are talking about. If anything, it sounds like generic western rock. I'm actually pretty glad it's not metal.
Old 2012-07-09, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
Wait until it has been recorded to pass judgement.
Honestly, I don't really see the hick/country that people are talking about. If anything, it sounds like generic western rock. I'm actually pretty glad it's not metal.
western rock is the issue. i dont feel like a hard hitting slow moving infantry/vehicle while listening to that. feel like i should be on a porch with double barrel shotty. lol.
Old 2012-07-09, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
duomaxwl
Captain

I don't really think it's an issue. It may not be your personal taste, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Once again, just wait until it's recorded properly.
Old 2012-07-09, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ratstomper
Major

The point of the music is that it captures the theme of the faction. NC are laborers and mercenaries, not metal heads (honestly, I always thought of TR players being more metal heads than the NC). The music fits and I think it fits well enough.

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
I think the NC music does go a bit overboard on the western oldy style guitars. Something along the lines of StarCraft 1 Terran music would be a nice fit me thinks.

Starcraft - Terran 3 (music) - YouTube
I agree. I really liked the Terran music, but I think some of the music from SC2 would be more fitting. Although, I'd say the Terran themes in general have MUCH more southern influence than the current NC theme does (which is just kind of an industrial hard rock sound).

The issue people seem to have with the music is that it's actually a little bland. Why people insist this is "blues", "country" or any other type of "western" thing is completely lost on me. I'm assuming these people don't know what these words mean. That blandness issue may be cleared up when it's actually orchestrated or it may require going more of a direction than where it is now.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

some of those SC2 riffs were good. when i heard NC OST, i couldnt stand to hear all of it. didnt like any riffs really. maybe it'll grow on me but i have my doubts.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions