Attack on Auraxis: Analyzing Key Plays - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where whoring isn't done on the streets, it's done in forums.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-17, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Attack on Auraxis: Analyzing Key Plays

Series I've been wanting to do for awhile that breaks down, analyzes and sets up a context for key plays in Planetside 2. My wife helped film and direct the video in what I hope to be, is the start of many more to come.

This one looks at TIW's and FC's initial attacks in the Community Clash #3 and why what FC did worked and why what TIW did failed.

Old 2013-09-17, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sunrock
Major

Re: Attack on Auraxis: Analyzing Key Plays

This is too good to be shown to the general public... :P If you where a TR player you would have been shot for treason against the Republic.
Old 2013-09-17, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mordelicius
Major

Yeah, TIW don't often play together as other competitive outfits that's why they looked out of sync. I saw them a couple of days ago practicing though.

The closest outfit to come close to being stacked is DVS. Although they don't cherrypick their members, they have a bigger pool to pick from. But as the chain is the only strong as the weakest link, they have to augment their powerful core with auxilliary.

Who else are there for NC? I saw Recursion from FNO. They looked very highly organized, but I'm not sure many of the strategies they've shown would be workable in a server like Waterson though. I've also seen CML along time ago from another FNO or the War report (and I'm not sure how strong this group still is...).

Secondly, Vanu weapons are superb in mid to long range suppression fire. The Vanu Max alone has practically no weakness, since they evade incoming shots and can be repaired while strafe spamming.

In able for NC to get the same suppression fire, the Max to be really close, which make them severely vulnerable to C4, Grenades and dumbfire Rocket Launchers. Add to that Vanu's infantry weaponry that has no equal.

@ the actual analysis video: So you combine FC's talent, organization, +super damn easy weapons, they can basically take out NCs from good range and prevent them from even coming close, while still be ridiculously viable in CQC.

In an event of a TIW vs FC, as someone mentioned, FC play NC and TiW play Vanu. I mean DVS went to SOE Live as Vanu and placed 3rd place on the strength of just killing not even capping. And yet in Waterson they get dissed out alot by fellow NCs for not being active enough.
Old 2013-09-17, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Ive watched the tiw/fc cc video twice. Tiw really didnt have a great grasp on tactics. They tended to zerg instead of having multiple fireteams accomplishing more than one objective at a time. The other thing is their use of the nc max. They went in acting like their nc max could do a standup fight against vs maxes. But I believe that using the nc max as mobile cover for heavies to launch missiles and bullets might have been a better tactic. And only when their aegis shield fails should their shotguns come up and start mowing peeps down. Teamplay ftw.
Old 2013-09-19, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tito
Private

lots of learn tx for the video
Old 2013-09-19, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Very nice job.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion