NC just doesn't understand - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where women and cheese go great together
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
PR24
Major

Last night (my clanmates can confirm this) I was killed for close to 2 hours by only 1 damn weapon, the pheonix.

A load of NC get up on a hill way to taf to be hit with a CG and fire pheonix's all day long. We where in a tower and the NC where firing from an AMS from a distance away so ammo was unlimited.

They where hitting the door one after another and 3 shots to a full health max and you are dead. Well when you have 4-6 people firing these one after another step in the door once and boom you are dead.

This Pheonix is over powered and the aim on it is outragious.
This weapon will kill Planetside for me if they do not do something to fix this thing. It starts to piss me off pretty bad when you can not even fight back at your attacker because he is on the other side of the hill 500 meters away.
Old 2003-04-15, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

The strikers advantage over the phoenix is in the medium to long range area around base walls outside. Phoenix is a long to extremely long range weapon. The striker can also be used inside, although while inside the decimator owns all

That's what I'm saying though, yeah the phoenix is annoying as hell when you are trying to launch an assault on a base, but where is the phoenix after you get close? That's why I think it's overrated as an AV weapon, it's only seems to be good when you have plenty of time to set yourself up.

Oh and in regards to a striker being good against infantry at medium range... no. I'd almost be better off switching to chainblade and try to run someone down than use that thing outdoors on a person.
Old 2003-04-15, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Are any of u by chance in the beta. Because if u arent than dont complain. Untill u play it than u will never know how they react. I have played many battles against the TR and i always fear the chaingun. But when ever i am playing wit a squad we always get rid of it with no problem. There is always a solution to a problem u just have to find it. For me i say the weapons are fine, leave them alone. Maybe all u have to do is use a little teamwork to get rid of the problem.
Old 2003-04-15, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
LLMerc
Private

Just dismising a claim of imbalance is not going to solve anything. Maybe you should do some testing? Isn't that what you are there for? I have tested all 3 factions, and have done extensive testing on the AV weapons of each of the factions. My conclusions are not assumptions, I have facts to back them up with. Granted, a lot of my points are opinion based, but I did not pull them out of my arse. And yes, I have been testing the game for some time now.
Old 2003-04-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Led

Blah blah blah this killed me whine whine omg nerf everything.

If we keep this up, it will end up just like counterstrike, where all the guns are so horribly inaccurate, that most kills are based on luck.

Hug yer chaingun and mind your own business
Old 2003-04-15, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

One fact remains, the Phoenix is still artillery, its a weapon that does not require LOS, something that the dev's were against since day one.

I'm personally suprised its still in the game myself

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-15, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Led
Blah blah blah this killed me whine whine omg nerf everything.

If we keep this up, it will end up just like counterstrike, where all the guns are so horribly inaccurate, that most kills are based on luck.

Hug yer chaingun and mind your own business
It's responses like this that make me wonder if people know the meaning of BETA TESTING

BETA TESTING is NOT a few free months of gaming people. Beta testing is to address balence issues, bugs and stability issues.
It is YOUR JOB as a beta tester to make the DEV team aware of in balence issues and hope they are addressed.

Ignoring a balence issue with th hope that retail releases a over powered weapon to your empire is omronic to say the least.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ruthless
Sergeant

every certification needs to have inherent reasons for players to choose them. if the jackhammer is ignored, it needs to be fixed.

Question: which tank defeats the other more often, prowler or vanguard?
Old 2003-04-15, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Vanguard.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SilentRaven
Private

for all the people complaining about the pheniox's.....no gun in this game is ment to be unstoppable.....this is why people cert in various things...like be a stealther and stab the guy with a knife on the hill that is laying seige on yer base with phenioxes......also theres a weapon ment for long range called a bolt driver.....while thier steering there rocket just put a bullet past there head and thats that

Old 2003-04-15, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I'm not touching the phoenix issue. I've used it and I'm not that impressed, but I also don't care if it gets nerfed to shit. In fact, I'd rather get some of the phoenix monkeys out of my empire so I wouldn't get an experience hit.

To say that the gauss is much better than the other 2 medium empire specific weapons is blatantly incorrect. The Cycler is perfectly balanced with the Gauss, and in a base where it counts, I would rather have the cycler. You complain about the accuracy, but that is the whole point of the weapon. A more correct statement would be that the Pulsar is much worse than the other 2. More correct still would be to say that the Pulsar is a little worse than the other two.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Well, let's see...
What are the OTHER options for the phoenix besides 'camera guided'?
Dumbfire-only - Decimator does it better.
Constant LoS Lock-on - Striker. Tho it seems this system blows.
Constant LoS lock-on, Missiles PoV - Achieve lock-on. If the MISSILE, not YOU, loses line-of-sight to the target, it becomes dumbfire.
Halflife style laser-guided - This COULD work, I suppose. Could even make the laser subject to the CoF.

That's all the ones I can think of that seem feasible.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Hamma, what would you propose as the NC Factional AV weapon?

You are always going to be able to use it as artillery unless you remover the remote controlled aspect.

Remove the remote controlled aspect and then it is just a dumbfire weapon.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
PR24
Major

I think the AV weapon should be common pool. Everyone has the same AV weapon which imo would be the TR AV weapon.

Carmera guided stops battles and allows people to hide and fight w/o ever showing their face at the "real" battle.
Old 2003-04-15, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Duilin
Private

If the AV weapons take too much of a nerf half of the population will cert for MAX...if not more, I imagine I would
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion