Just a heads up. Discussions over on AA have been popping up recently. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, the thong comes in pink too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-07, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Just a heads up. Discussions over on AA have been popping up recently.

I frequent AA, paying for a hack I don't use so as to access the private forums, I pick up on an report dbags that are dumb enough to post or use their account names over on BF3.

PS2 is on the radar of the paid hack sites by the looks of it, this is a public one that popped up this week but a few have popped up on the private forums too, a lot of excitement over getting mass murder hacks for PS2.

The thread(change http):

For those of you not familiar with what a mass murder hack is, do nothing, everything dies, repeatedly. Obviously with thousands of players they're fapping over the thought.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-04-08 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Removed link forwarded on.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Just a heads up. Discussions over on AA have been popping up recently.

Nice find. Hopefully SOE can do something about these hackers... they sound like they mean srs biznis.

-Also this is considered advertising hack sites on the forums... I'd be careful about what you link.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-04-07 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Good luck to them. If they succeed SOE gets to learn how to prevent them better

but I don't think they'll succeed
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-04-07, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bullet
First Sergeant

Went to their forums, read the replies, puked, and then laughed. Why do people feel the need to do this?
Old 2012-04-07, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well, let's hope PS2 gets some people able to create hacks who actually like the game without cheating... So they'll be counterhacking hackers while no CSR is around.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Well, let's hope PS2 gets some people able to create hacks who actually like the game without cheating... So they'll be counterhacking hackers while no CSR is around.
Lets hope that doesn't happen this time around. I think someone should be on standby 99% of the time incase stuff like this happens.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NCLynx
Major

I would hope the main difference between a BF3/COD map and PS2 will be what saves us. BF3 nor COD have dedicated GMs looking out for things like this, PS2 should.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Lets hope that doesn't happen this time around. I think someone should be on standby 99% of the time incase stuff like this happens.
Despite everything, people have RL too. If they wouldn't then there would be no need for anti-cheating software.

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Nice find. Hopefully SOE can do something about these hackers... they sound like they mean srs biznis.
Well, basically they need to get them at the hook. If they don't get them at the hook they'll ruin the game. Sure, someone who's obviously hacking can get kicked fairly easily through the use of GMs, he still ruins the game temporarily though.

The BIGGER problem with hacking is those that do it to appear legitimate, they shift the bell curve (crudely drawn) to the right, breaking the balance of the game and completely discouraging lower skilled players from playing, it effectively breaks everything. The problem with hackers that do it to appear legit is that they can't be confirmed visually, they're virtually no different ot just very good players. Without catching them at the hook they're not detectable. I sincerely hope the SOE team have their own method of catching people at the hook as opposed to punkbuster, because the paid hack sites have absolutely zero problem avoiding detection from pb unfortunately. The use of GMs doesn't stop this shit and it's far more damaging to gaming as a whole.

Crude bell curve:

Last edited by Skitrel; 2012-04-07 at 09:23 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-07, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

-Also this is considered advertising hack sites on the forums... I'd be careful about what you link.
I hope the PS2 devs keep tabs on sites like these. We can pretend they dont exist or acknowledge that they do and keep them salient so their methods are ineffectual.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-04-07 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Well, basically they need to get them at the hook. If they don't get them at the hook they'll ruin the game. Sure, someone who's obviously hacking can get kicked fairly easily, he still ruins the game temporarily though.

The BIGGER problem with hacking is those that do it to appear legitimate, they shift the bell curve (crudely drawn) to the right, breaking the balance of the game and completely discouraging lower skilled players from playing, it effectively breaks everything. The problem with hackers that do it to appear legit is that they can't be confirmed visually, they're virtually no different ot just very good players. Without catching them at the hook they're not detectable. I sincerely hope the SOE team have their own method of catching people at the hook as opposed to punkbuster, because the paid hack sites have absolutely zero problem avoiding detection from pb unfortunately.

Crude bell curve:

Admin spectator option would be nice. Plus maybe some radical measures like autotempban for having 240 kills in 2 minutes or something.

Old 2012-04-07, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Really not fussed about "advertising" them. They're the most well known service online and anyone that wants hacks finds them immediately through the simplest of google searches, their presence on the forum doesn't do them any good. Though you're right, I am linking to them and they certainly don't deserve the SEO benefit, breaking link now.

Old 2012-04-07, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Shogun
Contributor
General

can there be anything more pathetic than paying for a hack that will ruin the fun for everybody, even yourself? resulting in the possible death of the game.
man what horrible complexes must someone have to feel the necessity to do this?
it´s just sad, that there seem to be so many out there who buy such hacks!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-07, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Owalpo

Make it so a account is tied to a copy of Planetside 2 product code. So hackers just can't make hundreds of new accounts. If it is found that they hacked(Which if on high alert would be so easy to spot, the benefit of having a hack like this for BF3 is they can just move on to a new server after being banned) they get banned and would be forced to buy a new copy. Which I am sure they would not do.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
can there be anything more pathetic than paying for a hack that will ruin the fun for everybody, even yourself? resulting in the possible death of the game.
The feeling of achievement one artificially gets is still the feeling of achievement.

Despite the common belief, cheaters are usually jobless from wealthy families, not getting enough attention from the parents, they buy hacks to piss people off and feed on their hatred, to make people feel bad while they feel good. Most of them don't even "play" games in the direct meaning of the word. They usually prefer MMORPGs with heavy pay2win model. The problem in fighting them is that they don't really care about the outcome, they're not getting a negative, nor positive feeling afteraffect, the cheated people however rage and mostly unable to overcome. Once every last player stops caring about cheaters, cheating will die, but not until then.

Hackers on a sidenote are usually people from rather poor families, they make money by selling hacks, while themselves they usually prefer to play fair or semi-fair, because their main feeling of achievement is being drawn from successful sales or successful code dissection.

My personal experience.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-04-07 at 09:57 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion