Tech Plant Concept - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One Long Island iced tea away from heaven.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-18, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Tech Plant Concept

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
I'm well aware of the scale the doors imply and it still doesn't look as big as an AMP station, nor is it as wide or tall as a Bio Lab. Maybe it's just the smallest base now.

The only way I can change my mind is to see a nice top down and side view comparison on the bases. From same distance, angle, etc.
We are aware of the scale the doors imply, but those implications may be way off. Unless TRay is lying, it's twice as tall as an amp station which means that it's not only tall, but very massive, and those doors are a lot larger than they look.

I also am vaguely recalling an early picture of that tech station that was tweeted a while ago where they said that the tech plant was the largest of the 3 bases, so again, unless that was a lie or has been changed (or I am remembering completely wrong), I highly doubt it's the smallest.

Originally Posted by Metalsheep View Post
I'll miss you, V-bay tunnel.
Yeah, I really liked that too. Gave the tech plant a very unique feel. Same with the isolated and oversized aircraft spawn at dropship centers.

I wonder how much there will be of underground areas or stuff buried into cliff sides. I wonder if tunnels and corridors and underground rooms and buildings would tend to be large prefab set pieces like these main amp station/tech plant/bio lab components or if they would be more modular like the smaller courtyard buildings.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-04-18 at 06:08 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

http://t.co/e2xgUyc4

Last edited by JPalmer; 2012-04-18 at 06:28 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
cellinaire
Captain

The tech plant is the biggest base available in terms of size they've already told you this. And X2 taller than Amp station. What other description do you need, anyway ? =)
Old 2012-04-19, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

I'm guessing that ridge along the bottom beside the side door is probably about as tall as a player. Also under the the bridge-like structure on the right, there is what looks like a door. That would have to be big enough to fit a MAX if it is a door.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

By the size of the gates looks like the main building of the tech plant looks like it could be 3-4 stories high. Also their appears to be a hatch between the 2 high pillars of the tech.

Old 2012-06-03, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SKYeXile
Major General

Stop necroing threads, god dam.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-03, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Xyntech
Brigadier General

If it's more than a month old, let it die. Start a new thread, assuming you have more than a single line of txt to contribute.

It's really very simple.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Brusi
Contributor
Major

lol, PSU about PS2 threads can go from very relevant to out-of-date discussion in a matter of weeks.

Just shows how actively the community discusses every scrap of information, and how much the devs have given us to chew on over the last year.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-06-03, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I think a lot of the major structures are going to look mobile. From what Smed said long ago they are "landing struts"

I suspect their long-term plans are to make it more sandbox and allow some (or all) of the facilities to be deployable. They might even be destructible.

Lots of things they can do with that, but if they look like they're mobile then allowing outfits to drop a facility or tower somewhere for a limited time is a bit more believable and makes more sense if the structures themselves look like they can be deployed.
I doubt they will do so with entire facilities, mainly because there is simply not enough flat, unobstructed land. I think the insinuation with that was that towers would be deployable.

For bases and such, I'm pretty sure its just a motif to imply that this stuff wasn't built on site, they're prefabbed units carted to the planet and dropped on site as the initial infrastructure investment so they can start up industry.
Old 2012-06-03, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

It's probably so they can dynamically swap around the bases and facilities on a continent. Load up one month and half the facilities could end up in different places with a new hex setup to fight over.

Either way this therad is ancient, and the TB&Higby vid shows a lot of detail, let the thread die and maybe start a new one about "mobile bases?"
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion