Vehicle refunds - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerfed, for your pleasure.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-23, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
The Kush
Captain

Re: Vehicle refunds

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
A refund for accidental pulls, say 30 seconds is appropriate, but nothing after that. You pay resources for the power of a vehicle. You get to run around and own with your aircraft/vehicle, you don't deserve a refund for it. If you keep it alive a long time, great, your reward is not having to buy another one yet. Refunds would skew the entire balance of having to pay resources.
Agreed
Old 2012-04-23, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
A refund for accidental pulls, say 30 seconds is appropriate, but nothing after that. You pay resources for the power of a vehicle. You get to run around and own with your aircraft/vehicle, you don't deserve a refund for it. If you keep it alive a long time, great, your reward is not having to buy another one yet. Refunds would skew the entire balance of having to pay resources.
Pretty much this. The use of resources is the economic cost you pay for being able to pull and use a customized vehicle more suited to your playstyle, presumably with the result of making you more combat effective. Once you start using that vehicle you are in essence "getting your money's worth."

I'd only be okay with giving out refunds for accidental pulls. But TBH I'm not sure if that will even be an issue with the PS2-style vehicle acquisition screens.

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
On the flip side, people would care a whole lot more about keeping their vehicles alive rather then wasting them on reckless behavior.
I'm not sure I'd call that a flip side. It's hard enough to get people to push forward as it is. And sometimes "reckless behavior" is exactly what's needed to get the job done.

But by offering refunds for vehicles even after they've been used in combat, you run the risk people playing it too safe for fear of losing the chance to get their refund later on when they no longer need that vehicle. So they'll sit back and spam, won't push forward when they need to, and run away for repairs at the first sign of a door ding. Besides, We already have an initial resource cost to help curtail needlessly reckless behavior. I'd rather people feel free to take the necessary combat risks when needed once they've paid the price for the initial acquisition.

In addition, I fear offering refunds will make people more reluctant to leave their vehicle in the first place once the fight moves inside the base, much like what happened with BFR's while they still had the huge timer (45 minutes IIRC). People won't want to leave their vehicle unattended for fear of it getting destroyed and the potential for refund getting lost so instead they'll just sit outside in their cozy vehicles and spam instead of getting out and actually taking the base.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
In addition, I fear offering refunds will make people more reluctant to leave their vehicle in the first place once the fight moves inside the base, much like what happened with BFR's while they still had the huge timer (45 minutes IIRC). People won't want to leave their vehicle unattended for fear of it getting destroyed and the potential for refund getting lost so instead they'll just sit outside in their cozy vehicles and spam instead of getting out and actually taking the base.
That is a very fair point, but I think its an argument for giving a refund anywhere at all, instead of an argument for giving no refunds.

1. No refunds: Vehicle upgrades cost money. You do not want to ditch the tank to go indoors, since your vehicle may very well die if left unattended(especially if they put in vehicle hacking).
2. Refunds back at base. You do not want to ditch the tank to go indoors, but if the fight looks to be long enough, you may well decide to go back to base and refund it, then join the fight.
3. Refunds anywhere. There is no reason for me not to bail on the tank and go fight inside.

Now, maybe #1 is what they actually want, and they want an incentive for people to stick with their chosen role for a while. But its definitely not an incentive to get out of the tank and go fight inside.
Old 2012-04-24, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Surely after it'd taken a couple of 150mm rounds in the side the warranty would be void and you wouldn't get a refund?
Old 2012-04-26, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rocknoise
Private

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
A purshase is a purshase people will have to learn to buy their thing properly !

Point! But, the one who LEARN from it are mostly the others ... those guys in online games who ruin the others game with such things like "not thinking'", are mostly not the ones careing about their team.

On countrary, those are the guys starting to flame and teamkill when they realize they gonna lose. They dont think that it may be their own fault. Its always the same, even ps2 wont change those guys. Especially not when its free2play, but thats another construction yard.

Last edited by Rocknoise; 2012-04-26 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2012-04-26, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

No refunds! Vehicles are the resource sink since they cost everytime you pull one, while weapon sidegrades are a 1 time cost to buy and then free to pull whenever.

Ok maybe a refund for a vehicle deconed within 20 seconds cause of a misclick (though they said atm there is no decon button like there was in PS1).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion