Unions - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I thought you were from Hong Kong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-05, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Unions

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
And a lot of wome accept it or they would not be paying twice as much for the same items that men at half their price.
Yes, because men never buy ridiculously overpriced toys because theres a brand name attached.

Your logic is so flawed and sexist I'm not even mad or annoyed.. Just amazed that people like you exist.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Wow. Just... Wow.

Women tend to make less largely because they tend to take less physically demanding and physically dangerous work, both aspects of a job that add somewhat to pay. When comparing womens salaries to mens in similar jobs/fields/experience levels, pay gaps have for the most part disappeared.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Natir
Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Wow. Just... Wow.

Women tend to make less largely because they tend to take less physically demanding and physically dangerous work, both aspects of a job that add somewhat to pay.
Umm... what? I don't know whether to laugh at you or cry for you. That has absolutely nothing to do with pay gaps. What you described is a kind of job or an attribute to some job. Some jobs are dangerous and some are more physically demanding than others. In no way does that have anything to do with men getting paid more than women... A large part of why women make less money is because they are not forceful enough on the negotiating table where men tend to be more aggressive. Times have changed and the gaps are closing and the pay ranges are generally the same. Where they differ is when you can negotiate your pay. Women are more comfortable with just accepting the pay or being happy they got the job. Men tend to be more confident about their skills and generally want to get paid more for it. In no way does the "type" of work have anything to do with it. The only thing is that certain kinds of work attract certain kinds of people. Pay gaps after that would just come down to the negotiating table.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum