My review of PS - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: shake before use
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I'de like to know what the alternative to CoF style gun physics would be?

I know of one other method for determining projectile paths and it's computationally very expensive.

Also, as for gun variance, I think this is just preference. What gun I use is less important to me than what I do with it. It would be nice if SOE adds more types of weapons in the future, but I'm not going to slight SOE for it. If it was a major issue, I wouldn't play PS.

As for the issue of zealots, you are what you write on the forums. If people see that your posts maintain a consistant anti or pro PS view, it's easy to label someone as a moron for still playing or as a fan-boy. The hard part is trying to stop posting like a zealot and more like an advocate. Everyone on these forums should be pro-Planetside. And their posts should represent that. I totally understand the viewpoint that someone who seems to constantly post about the bad aspects of Planetside is viewed (rightly so) by other posters as anti-Planetside. Especially when the posts are often written in an inciteful method. Just as easily, people who accept PS for what it is and enjoy playing it, bugs and all, can easily end up trying to "convince" someone that there is no problem.

I think that once you realize you can't every force someone else to agree with you, you can relax and just post what you think without having to be a zealot.
Old 2003-06-05, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by starrider
1. dont call me bob
You know, its a crazy, far out there kinda idea, but he may just have been talking to me.
Old 2003-06-05, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by starrider
1. dont call me bob

2 my opinions????? huh i never made comments about the graphics just that even though they made the gaphics engine fromt he ground up is no reason t have only five base maps. acutally i think the graphics are pretty good.

EDIT this entire post assumes you were talking to me and not ignoreing my post and talking to tek.
Indeed, Bob's and your later deduction were correct. I was agreeing with Bob and referring to Tek's review. I thought it was pretty straight forward, but in this newfangled intra-net ya never know fer sure.
Old 2003-06-05, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
starrider
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
You know, its a crazy, far out there kinda idea, but he may just have been talking to me.

now i feel stupid i need to hid someplace......

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion