Gameplay: MAX Upgrade Discussion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will this quote be rejected?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-01-10, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Lightbulb MAX Upgrade Discussion

Whilst it is true some weaponry for the MAX have upgrades - Extended Mags for Bursters and Slug Ammo for Scattercannons - essentially, they are pretty sparse in how you can outfit them.

Though I can't really comment on MAX weaponry for the New Conglomerate or Vanu Sovereignty (as I don't play them), I want everybody to pitch in with ideas on how to expand their capabilities. Here are a few weapon suggestions for the TR MAX...

Cyclers:
  • Barrel - Muffler (muffles sound on the minimap, and flash of the weapon)
  • Rail - Flashlight, Laser Sight
Pounders:
  • Ammo - Incendiary and Flechette ammo types against infantry
Fracture:
  • Barrel - Flashlight, Arclaser (provides an arced laser sight on the target)
  • Rail - Barrel Extension (adds an additional launcher and 5 Fracture Ammo, making it a three-barrelled weapon)
I also think there should be equipment modules on all MAXes that goes into the third slot as with other classes, using the following possibilties...
  • Optics - unlocks separate cert trees for Night Vision, Thermal Vision and Enhanced Targeting (improved vehicle/aircraft tracking) options
  • Power - increases MAX Punch to allow damage of light vehicles, and adds MAX Stomp (allows proportionate splash damage to infantry/anti-armor damage to vehicles and aricraft; similar to drop pod mechanics)
  • Stimulant - extends MAX default health by 50%, making it last longer in combat
Last but not least, I agree with many players that there should be a common pool Melee Arm for close quarters.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2014-01-10 at 03:26 AM.
Old 2014-02-10, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Re: MAX Upgrade Discussion

+1 for this.
Old 2014-02-11, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sarloh
Corporal

Here are my toughts on those ideas:

I don't think that a muffler would apply for a big minigun/chaingun/Cycler.
You know that TR max helmet that covers the face with red glass and a red light on top of it? What if the max itself could equip a light source? Possibly on the shoulders. We could also make it that if you equip both the helmet and the flashlight the light source could come out of your helmet.
The MAX has a lot of health and already a stock 80% bullet resistance. As much as we would like it to take more punishment I think that it won't happen. Here's an idea: something like a slider, to exchange health for movement speed or possibly add ammo to the mix as well...
Enhanced targeting sure seems nice but we musn't forget that if you look at an enemy unit and press Q you spot them leaving them with an arrow above them. Otherwise the optic could display the distance of your target and put a bigger marker like a square around it...

The power attachment gives me the idea that all units would increase in falling speed as they fall and MAX units could hurt the person or thing below them...
And a common pool arm also gives me the idea that instead of infantry pulling out their knife they would instead 'bash' the enemy with thir weapon and have the knife available as a normal weapon to be taken out. Or you keep the knife instead if the bash and also have it available to be pulld out like a weapon resulting in a faster 'rate of fire'.
Old 2014-02-11, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SGOniell
First Sergeant

I like the cert trees, not those weapon customizations. I'm biased against the TR max anyway though, so....

just hate how our NC Max is terrible at range

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault