(I suk use this thread)IF there were GM rn events in game what would you like to see? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's pants are on the webcam!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of the following, were they implimented, GM events would you want to see?
Month long event, where each side fights to get a "nuke" then can use it ONCE 2 5.41%
One day events 4 10.81%
Week long events 8 21.62%
Month long 2 5.41%
Alien Invaders(Gm Controlled of course) 5 13.51%
Goal oriented, Empire rewarded 8 21.62%
Goal Oriented individual rewarded 1 2.70%
Goal Oriented, outfit rewarded 7 18.92%
Thread! (go read the Dragon Rider of Pern if you dont know what Thread is) 0 0%
Other/none 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-27, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

(I suk use this thread)IF there were GM rn events in game what would you like to see?

Just asking, I have a couple of really neat Ideas that I like.. but...
Old 2002-12-28, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Camping Carl
Major

Nuke the vanu!!

= dead vanu

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-28, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Duritz
Staff Sergeant

I'm not really sure. I voted for one week, but the 1 day one and the rewards (other than individual) would also make me happy. Of course I would be happy with none at all, but........
Old 2002-12-28, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zartax
Private

Since Dragon Rider of Pern seems to be a book that I don't have the time or will to read, please explain what Thread means.
Old 2002-12-28, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dragoon412
Corporal

Heh... I'd vote for everything besides individual and outfit rewarded.
Old 2002-12-28, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

Week long is best for duration. Not too short not too long(after the first week the participation would go down a lot)

As for the reward of said event empire rewards seem the best, maybe outfit bonuses.
Old 2002-12-28, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

One week events would be cool, but only if you could make a difference even if you didn't play every single day in that week.

And the nuke idea is just stupid (no offense), because who would get to use it if there's only one? And I sure wouldn't like to be nuked...

Old 2002-12-28, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

WHat would you nuke? One base? That won't make a difference. Just don't go there all week while its hot, no one else could either. Now a home continent...........

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Zartax
Since Dragon Rider of Pern seems to be a book that I don't have the time or will to read, please explain what Thread means.
Sorry, The Dragon Riders of Pern series is one of my most favorite, so if you REALL wanna know what thread is go find the first book and read it lol.
Old 2002-12-28, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea I think a nuke or super weapon is just a bad idea

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-28, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dragoon412
Corporal

I haven't suffered through any of Anne McCafferey's (sp?) novels since middle school, but as I remember, thread was some evil thread-like energy that would fall out of the sky and wound or kill anyone that it hit - it was like a natural phenomenon in her books.

On topic, though, I'm *really* hoping that there aren't any individual or oufit rewards. ALl outfit rewards could possibly do is work to the advantage of the uberguilds that will inevitably form, and individual rewards would just be more of the same.

I wouldn't mind if GM events didn't have ANY payoff, though -- this is an FPS. And as it's been said before, FPS players revel in the fight, where the RPG players are the ones that only fight to get the payoff. Adding RPG elements to an FPS is an awesome idea, but encouraging RPG mentality in an FPS is a very bad idea.
Old 2002-12-28, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mold
Sergeant

unless buildings are nuke proof, it would cuase permanent damage to the planet. That could be cool or not. But i think that it should be goal oriented. It could last a day or a week or a month. Depending on the teamwork and skill of the empire going for it.
Old 2002-12-28, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Stalefish
Corporal

Definately should be goal oriented, because what else could it be? Are they going to drop a bunch of WC3 orcs in the middle of a continent and say "EVRBODY GO KIL THEIS THEY BAD!!!!"?

No.

They'd have to set up certain bases to give the factions bonuses if they're held for a certain period of time (make them special, more special than any other base). That way you'd have a bigass war for a week, and then you set everything back to normal. Or you can set up like....a GM war where the big GM's with their uberguns and vehicles fight a war against everyone else. That would be interesting, especially when we killed them all.
Old 2002-12-28, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I just want to see somthing once in a blue moon that lasts longer then 2 hours and some kid from an uberguild gets all the credt myself.
Old 2002-12-28, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
pyre_
Private

nuke? Naw, that'd be horrible. It would be silly to reward a team that dominated the others with something capable of mass destruction. It just furthers any power gap between sides. That, and imagine it's your first day in game and you get nuked. You're not gonna stick around much, are you?

I'd prefer daily events with an outfit/empire reward in mind. Week long and you're looking at a LOT of manpower, and I'd rather 7 smaller events instead of 1 large one. Little things like a GM run Vanu archeology team couriering newly developed implants back to VS sanctuary. TR and NC are trying to raid the convoy and steal the items, while VS is trying to protect them. The empire that captures the truck gains access to a new form of implant 2-3 weeks before the others do or something. Cool little things like that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion