This Noob Loves Planetside!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's this PLANETSIDE you speak of?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-17, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mrsniffles
Private

This Noob Loves Planetside!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkK51dYUbI
A video of my First big Planetside 2 battle. I love this game! wish i would have got into it sooner. I know im a noob but let me know what you think of it, I have some more ps2 vids on my channel too. And if there are anyTR Brethren on waterson that want to show me the ropes please do!
Old 2014-03-18, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: This Noob Loves Planetside!!

Welcome to the fold, Mr Sniffles.

I hope you enjoy your time here
Old 2014-03-18, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

I was the same way at first.

Give it time...
Old 2014-03-18, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Nice one .... as much as I criticize it certainly does have it's moments. Enjoy!
Old 2014-03-18, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
almalino
First Sergeant

Massive fights to own bridges are the most epic ones. You have a sence of accomplishment there because it looks fantastic from all angles and the main reason you have a feel of accomplishment when your team pushes thought the bridge and win or loose. Depending on the success of push.

I do not feel the same when capturing facilities. Probably because you do not see the whole battle and push progress at once. everything happens behind the walls. Also that waiting period while timer is ticking down is just plain boring.
Old 2014-03-18, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Massive fights to own bridges are the most epic ones.
I'm tempted to agree with you there, simply because there's no spawn camping, everyone is outside, and if the sides are pretty much balanced, without either too much air or armour ownage, they can go on for quite a bit.

My favorite has to be the two bridges between Scarred Mesa Skydock and Regent Rock Garrison.

I also like the push and pull fights between Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation
Old 2014-03-18, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

I too must agree with bridges being the best spots for fights. It's probably because they have good COVER on them where people can PUSH AND PULL FOR GROUND! With little to no CONSTANT SPAWNING ON LOCATION inbetween.

You know, unlike at bases where it should be happening lots more. I'm not saying spawning itself is bad of course, just that it's too often and there's rarely little ground to fight over inbetween spawn locations. (though suns are still useful, just needs some mixing with something) and bases themselves are "Oh, let's camp inside".

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-03-18 at 08:07 AM.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Welcome to e great game. Spend your certs wisely, not spontaneously. I would recommend you focus on your medic build. Improve your medic tool, invest in Revive Grenades and then get the full Grenade Bandolier.
Old 2014-03-18, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Lovely vid, I was rooting for you from start to finish.

Brought me right back to my first experience in PS1, running around near Ghannon on Hossin in my PJ's shooting NC armour with a suppressor. Mouth agape and totally mesmerized.
Old 2014-03-18, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
wobblyone
Private

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
My favorite has to be the two bridges between Scarred Mesa Skydock and Regent Rock Garrison.
I also like the push and pull fights between Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation
I hope you are wearing sunblock and a hat synk, that is a lot of outdoor time
Old 2014-03-19, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Binkley
Sergeant

Nice video. I wish I did so well in the early going. For me it was, hey cool look at tha..bam dead..(respawn)..bam dead...(respawn)..bam dead......... I now know that a lib was farming the sunderer I was spawning at, but at the time I had no idea what was going on, or even what the heck was killing me over and over.
Old 2014-03-19, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by wobblyone View Post
that is a lot of outdoor time
Oh yes... I'm alright though... The Infil gear is a bit sweaty but it keeps me safe from those harmful rays

I've not had a chance to watch the vid yet... sorry. I will get around to it. I downloaded last night's patch and got right into the game, then four hours later realised it was well past my bed time...
Old 2014-03-19, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Glad you're liking it

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-03-21, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Agreed. Most memorable fights for me were always over a stretch of strategic ground and not bases. Bridges are on the top of that list for sure. I don't think anything beats a bridge fight. I still remember my first moments in planetside2 when I dropped into a huge three way at the old Crown/Ti Alloys/Crossroads Tower.

I was completely lost but it was so epic I was in complete awe. The scale was so amazing and still is. I still get those moments of appreciation for PS2. Amerish a couple weeks back had one across the eastern lattice that had the open ground and surrounding hills north of bio lab contested over for a couple hours. It was fantastic.

Old 2014-03-21, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Nice video, as I was also rooting for you from the start, which is weird having a VS main on Waterson. Your faction used to be the huge-population faction, like NC is now. Honestly, it's a lot more fun to be on a faction without 40+% global pop, so you joined TR at a good time.

The biggest tip I have for you is to join a good outfit. Epic battles are great, but without my outfit I doubt I'd still be part of the planetside community, after 10 years. Take your time, do a little research, and join one that's a good fit for you and is active during the time you play.

It's good to know that new players can still have this kind of experience. It reminds some of us jaded vets of what made us fall in love with Planetside in the first place. As much as I bitch about this game, there's still nothing that can replace it, or I'd be playing that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion