Weekly Dev Activities 3/7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Let the slaughter commence!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-07, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Weekly Dev Activities 3/7

http://planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=1178
Old 2005-03-08, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

cool

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-03-08, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Untouchable
Private

Good stuff, but I don't like what they are planning with the BFRs.

The flight BFR is pretty bad as is. I really don't see the point of even using one anymore; get too close to any battle and you're bound to get blown to pieces, stay at a distance and find yourself frustrated by enemies that you've wittled down to their last bits of armor only so they have time to run, repair, and come back out shooting. The only advantage to using the flight BFR is that you can, if you're lucky, escape if you get into too much trouble. I don't see these as a reward for working towards the Adv. BFR merit.

The gunner BFR is horribly slow, and really has no chance to run if you get yourself in too deep. It's more of a mobile artillery platform than an actual vehicle. BFRs in my opinion should also not have to worry about the individual footsoldier at range. At this point, the BFRs have anti-infantry weapons that are for close range use only, so with these new "adjustments" I'm going to basically be sitting in a giant bullseye, getting pounded on by every BR5 with AV lined up on a base wall, who I can't even fight back against.

I know those of you who disagree will argue that the reduced timer is an equal trade off, but if I'm forced to cough up 7 certs for one of these behemoths, I want to be seen as a threat on the battlefield, not some massive target that can be shooed away with a few clips from your AV weapon.
Old 2005-03-09, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I find the flight BFR fine as it is. The nerf won't really affect it much, as anytime its armor actually becomes an issue is a time when you've got to get the hell out of there anyway.
Old 2005-03-09, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Untouchable
Good stuff, but I don't like what they are planning with the BFRs.

The flight BFR is pretty bad as is. I really don't see the point of even using one anymore; get too close to any battle and you're bound to get blown to pieces, stay at a distance and find yourself frustrated by enemies that you've wittled down to their last bits of armor only so they have time to run, repair, and come back out shooting. The only advantage to using the flight BFR is that you can, if you're lucky, escape if you get into too much trouble. I don't see these as a reward for working towards the Adv. BFR merit.

The gunner BFR is horribly slow, and really has no chance to run if you get yourself in too deep. It's more of a mobile artillery platform than an actual vehicle. BFRs in my opinion should also not have to worry about the individual footsoldier at range. At this point, the BFRs have anti-infantry weapons that are for close range use only, so with these new "adjustments" I'm going to basically be sitting in a giant bullseye, getting pounded on by every BR5 with AV lined up on a base wall, who I can't even fight back against.

I know those of you who disagree will argue that the reduced timer is an equal trade off, but if I'm forced to cough up 7 certs for one of these behemoths, I want to be seen as a threat on the battlefield, not some massive target that can be shooed away with a few clips from your AV weapon.

I find that BFR's are spending more and more time on hills shooting in the base instead of anywhere near a soldier that can WTFPWN them around any corner, this was my worst fear when I was a BFR pilot (because I could so easily do the same if I was the soldier in a base/forest :P)
Old 2005-03-14, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
iluvthequasar
Corporal

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion