Teamwork, the name of the game. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: take one a day
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-20, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Elian
Private

Well Mr.Vicchio, i'm also for team, although i will have fun eitehr way, i think team just is MORE fun, unless ur doin some Recon cloak hacking thing, by urself. Anyways, it seems as though there are a lot of people (based on the numbers in the forum) that are willing to team together, so i dont think it will be too hard.... however, i think, mr Vicchio, to stay with people who all like teaming, an outfit is the best for you... i'm in an outfit too - i think it will help things like the worries on "morons spamming text or speech" and the "grief worries" and the "teamwork worries"... so i'm thinking the outfit is the safest and most fun to do, also, with an outfit, u get to play with the same team and take over the world

Yeah, that Laser thing needs some work
Old 2003-04-20, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

Yeah...

PS is all about team work. That's why I like it.

If You are a loner, it doesn't matter how good You are, You will be steam rolled so bad, if You are up against a team that co-operates.

On a side note: It will be very interesting to see if there will develop tactics and counter tactics, in a while. I sincerely hope that this game will be more than just Zerging. (God forbid! )

- How hard is it to find enemy ANTs (and thereby disrupting their respawning/supply line)?
Old 2003-04-20, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
JonnyK
Major

yes, one way you could try to get n00bz to use teamwork is tell them the benefits. when you work as a team and hack bases you get tons of xp, allowing you to own the other teams since you will get more weapons, vehicles, etc. faster than loners will. on Auraxis i have a level 5 char. and i'm half way to 6 after 2 days. but this morning i played on the new server for an hour or 2 max, and i have to make a new char. but i'm already at upper level 3, i've only killled a few people and my outfit capped one base. but when we capped the base, there were like 10 of my squad in the building, i didn't have to do anything, and i got 3500 xp! straight to level 3, and i should have that again because before i had to leave, we hacked a base, i should still be afk in there and have the xp we got for hacking it. so hopefully i'll be @ level 4-5 when i get home
Old 2003-04-20, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vimp
Sergeant

I think alot of you, including MrVic, are forgetting is how the whole squad system was initially described. A squad is not a permenant thing not just on a daily aspect but even in a single game session a squad is not meant to be purely for long term use. It was intended to be used in such a way that you would squad together When a specific task was needed and once that task was achieved the squad would disband inless of course all in the squad agreed to stick together to do another job together.

In other words if ones in the squad are getting bored or whatever and wanna go lone wolfing its to be expected assuming you already accomplished a task together because the squad isn't designed to stick for the whole time you play that day.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Thats true, it is temporary, but I think you will be better served in a group. Unless you are doing something inherantly lone-wolfish, like infiltrating or something. Either way, I think I will probably spend most of my time in a squad.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Cyanide
Major

The only place that going alone has in PS is hacking and sabatoge. Every other role will get demolished if they go alone. There's no way one person, even a MAX, could stand against 10 organized people. It' just not possible. You may jump from one squad to another, but unless you're an infiltrator you should avoid running around by yourself.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I just had a cool thought, a whole squad devoted to doing loner tasks like sabatoge. 10 infiltrator making your base a very very unsafe place That is until one dude with darklight goes through and roots em all out.
Old 2003-04-20, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Duilin
Private

I think some people are mixed up... teamwork and doing whats best for the empire are very different things.
Edit: Sometimes
Old 2003-04-20, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mazuli
Sergeant

I'm generally a loner. I mean I'll go after a base when other people are, I'll be in a squad that's all around the map, but I still do kills on my own. I'm not good enough with a reaver to be able to fly with others yet, as I'll probably crash.
Old 2003-04-20, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

As soon as voice chat gets in, the game will be much easier, I like being airborne in my Reaver making command decisions, and supporting the grunts, for that is very good, and very fun.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion