c4 or medikit? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ad free since...forever.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-04-22, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TharGuy
Private

c4 or medikit?

ok first of all, hello everyone
as i said, the question is about medikits or c4 for the light assault unit
i use the light assault quite a lot. i often rush into groups of enemies and get hurt. and because there is not always a medic around, i use medikits to stay at 100% health. on the other side you need c4 to efficiently destroy tanks, and even more important, enemy sunderers. now what is your tip, with what should i go: c4 to destoy enemy vehicles or medikits to stay fit?

TharGuy
Old 2013-04-22, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: c4 or medikit?

Light Assault is -the- class to put C4 on, if you put it on no other class.

Two C4 will destroy practically everything short of a sunderer. It is also useful to sneak up on an enemy MAX and stick it on their back (C4 sticks to things!) and then run away and detonate.

Bear in mind that getting two C4 will be a 700 cert sink. Hope you are patient enough to handle it.

That being said, one medi-kit is worth 50 certs and is usable by -any- class once you get it. Bearing that in mind you may want to get medi-kit just so you have -something- usable in that slot while saving up for your C4.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TharGuy
Private

thanks for the quick reply!
ok i will keep it in mind, thank you
Old 2013-04-23, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Save your certs for C4; no contest.

Partly because C4 is great for blowing stuff up; I especially like LA + C4 for difficult to shoot Sunderers that are hidden away behind a building - off you go over the rooftops to drop 2x C4 on it. Even if I don't get the kill, it will be criticaly damaged; easy for a team mate to finish off. Can really rip the heart out of an attack. And as Neutral said, good for MAXes too (c4 my commonest cause of death when I'm running as a MAX ).

And partly because in PS2 dying rarely matters, as you can usually respawn nearby. I never bother with a medikit.

Tip - if you are badly wounded and an equipment terminal is nearby, go to the terminal and switch to Medic. Heal yourself and then switch back to your original class.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-04-23 at 11:27 AM.
Old 2013-04-23, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I went medikit first (since I now have it on at least one loadout on each class) and I now have one C4 charge. I'm trying to save up for that second charge (no matter how riduclous the cost is D'x). Definately worth it. 2 C4 can down a turret, tank, lLightning, a parked Galaxy/ESF/Liberator, and one can destroy that pesky radar flash. Great for groups of enemies if you can sneak up behind them.
Old 2013-04-24, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
psijaka
Contributor
Major

My MAX was C4'd twice in quick succession last night. Serves me right for spawn camping (I should know better)
Old 2013-04-24, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
I went medikit first (since I now have it on at least one loadout on each class) and I now have one C4 charge. I'm trying to save up for that second charge (no matter how riduclous the cost is D'x). Definately worth it. 2 C4 can down a turret, tank, lLightning, a parked Galaxy/ESF/Liberator, and one can destroy that pesky radar flash. Great for groups of enemies if you can sneak up behind them.
I use to run around with two med kits and while I do miss having the ability to sustain myself in those thick fire fights, the versatility of c4 is just too fun. I have it across multiple classes.

With the rumble seats now on the flash, it sometimes pays off to leave the flash sit and have two peeps jump on before blowing it up.

Old 2013-04-24, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Finfire
Private

C4 - perfects the LA. You can vehicles or just use it to take out groups of enemy infantry.
Definitely get C4.
Old 2013-04-24, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ElegantMess
Corporal

Definitely C4, and I would recommend getting two for it to be really effective. Just watch this and you will be convinced

Old 2013-04-27, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

C4.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-01, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
VaderDSL
Private

TR Maxes will be C4 magnetswhen lockdown hits! It'll be mayhem.
Old 2013-05-01, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Light Assaults that need Med Kits aren't doing it right.

Old 2013-05-27, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Derpy Draconis
Private

I'm planning on getting some C4, but I'd say it's really only worth getting for Light Assault once you've dropped some certs into the jump packs. Makes using the C4 much easier imo. The medikit can be quite useful if lonewolfing, but theres usually enough medics in a squad on most days. Personal preference really
Old 2013-06-07, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hypergrip
Private

Definitly 2 sticks of C4 for the Light Assault. Combined with an underbarrel grenade launcher you can set a Sunderer on fire.

For the Heavy I actually prefer restoration/medkits over C4.

And while we're at it, I never understood why medics have C4 at all...
Old 2013-06-17, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kalee J
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hypergrip View Post
And while we're at it, I never understood why medics have C4 at all...
I have C4 on my medic. Since I can heal myself I don't see an immediate need for a medkit. However, with C4 I can occasionally do something to an enemy vehicle as a Medic aside from spot it. I've managed a couple kills with it. However, I'm in violent agreement with eveyrone else that it serves its purpose best on an LA.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions