Trayvon Martin - Page 44 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May I caress your arm?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-28, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #646
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Trayvon Martin

NVM. delete plz.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-07-02, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #647
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Pathological liars can pass lie detector tests with ease. Once they've convinced themselves that their version is the truth, their resolve is nearly unshakable. They are an unreliable, archaic device, and have just gotten fancier over the years.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #648
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
This is the richest poorest motherfucker in Florida.
I would like to know what he put up that is valued at 1 mill.
The 10% bond of the 1mil bail is 100K that came from the website raising money for his legal defense. Judge seen to it that money is not used for his legal defense though and has been used for his bond instead.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #649
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Zimmerman's lawyer, O'Mara, had actually agreed to defend him for free. The money was not necessary for his legal defense and in fact Zimmerman talked to his wife about going out of the country with the money after the whole thing blew over. They withheld information about the money from the court presumably so they could pocket it at the end of the ordeal.

So no, the judge didn't just deprive him of his legal defense fund, because Zimmerman apparently had no intention of disclosing those assets given that he and his wife both lied about the existence of that $211k they had received from dumb racists/gun nuts.

Part of the reason the bail is $1 million is because Zimmerman lied about his assets and then, when ordered to turn in his passport, turned in an old copy no longer valid for travel while retaining his valid copy. So he had both the money and the means to flee the country if he chose, and given his deception the judge considered him a flight risk. Now, his money is tied up and his family or whoever put down the collateral is fucked if he breaks the conditions of his bail. The judge himself explicitly stated that the bail amount isn't punishment or anything, it's because he considered Zimmerman's behaviour to indicate him being at risk of fleeing the court's jurisdiction and the amount is simply to ensure he shows up when he's called.

Long story short, as the judge said, under any definition Zimmerman has flaunted the system and attempted to manipulate it to serve his ends. He is a liar, and just because people are so fucking stupid as to give him their money doesn't mean that he's entitled it.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-07 at 10:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #650
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
This is the richest poorest motherfucker in Florida.
What, you didn't make $1 million by killing a black kid? Dude pick up the latest Forbes, it's the new fast track to a 7-figure lifestyle.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #651
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

So now a woman has come forward to accuse Zimmerman of molesting her when she was a child.

While this is undoubtedly going to cause everyone and their brother to jump up and down shouting that she's faking for publicity (undermined somewhat in that it appears she is keeping her name publicly anonymous) or that she is trying to sink his case (not possible since it's immaterial to the homicide charge and would cause a mistrial), I just gotta wonder... if it turns out he is proven guilty of this accusation (which may be difficult, since the case is old and evidence may be sparse) I wonder how that will make his valiant supporters feel?

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Frankly I don't expect much will come of it. I feel he's going to be acquitted of the 2nd degree murder (what a dumb charge to lay against him, honestly) and there just might not be much evidence to support the molestation claim after all these years.

But... wow, this case just will not stop getting crazier.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #652
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:29 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #653
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

The whole thing with the money him and his wife were clearly lying about along with the passport doesn't bode well for Zimmerman and it makes you wonder what else he was lying about.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #654
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
It's just the signal to noise ratio getting weaker, or someone wanting to keep the case in the spotlight.
It's very rare for women to make fake sexual assault accusations. I think last time I checked, which was a week or two ago (in a debate in a different forum; I'm something of a debate whore) that the rate of false claims was at around 3% of cases.

I mean, it's a little much to jump immediately to the narrative that this person is lying and has a specific motive. It can't be a comfortable thing, announcing to the world that you were molested. It's very, very rare that anyone does that.

I will admit that it's hard to presume Zimmerman is innocent (which one must do) and not sound like you're victim-blaming, which one must also not do. A bit of a catch-22, that.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #655
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
It's just the signal to noise ratio getting weaker, or someone wanting to keep the case in the spotlight.
Just because you don't really seem to have any idea what's going on, all the interrogation tapes and etc were released by the defense, not the prosecution. The recent Zimmerman news, his alleged child rape activities aside, is on account of his attorney.

So no, it's not just some ploy to keep it in the spotlight, because that's exactly what O'Mara had been doing over the past couple months, presumably to taint the jury pool. This is either someone lying for attention, or someone coming forward because their rapist is now in the news charged with murder. Which it is I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
The whole thing with the money him and his wife were clearly lying about along with the passport doesn't bode well for Zimmerman and it makes you wonder what else he was lying about.
It can be hard to trust a man who has no qualms with lying, especially one doing so to a court of law.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-16 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #656
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

According to the victim, she came forward because she "wasn't scare of him anymore", which is pretty consistent with how most victims come forward about abuse. Many times, victims can feel alone, and that coming forward will expose them to more abuse; not just from their abuser but from the public, because we live in a rape culture.

I will agree that if you're willing to lie to a judge's face about your finances, it's not a huge leap to assume you'd lie about other things. Until there's evidence of the lying, though, it's really just opinion. I was just commenting on how, man, this thing just won't stop. Before you know it, they'll reveal that he has a stockpile of illegal weapons and a schematic of the white house, or that he owned a prostitution ring, or something.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #657
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
It's very rare for women to make fake sexual assault accusations. I think last time I checked, which was a week or two ago (in a debate in a different forum; I'm something of a debate whore) that the rate of false claims was at around 3% of cases.

I mean, it's a little much to jump immediately to the narrative that this person is lying and has a specific motive. It can't be a comfortable thing, announcing to the world that you were molested. It's very, very rare that anyone does that.

I will admit that it's hard to presume Zimmerman is innocent (which one must do) and not sound like you're victim-blaming, which one must also not do. A bit of a catch-22, that.
And the fact that she waited until now?

Old 2012-07-16, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #658
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
And the fact that she waited until now?
Well as I said, it's actually very common for victims of sexual assault to remain quiet about their attacks. Many of them feel that they will come under unfair scrutiny, or not be believed, or that it will put them in danger of retaliation after the fact. Quite often they will come forward only after they feel it is 'safe'. I.E. if their abuser is already up the river for a similar crime, or if other victims come out first. See: the recent catholic priest child abuse scandal.

There's nothing incongruous about how she's coming forward now, at least when it comes to typical observed behavior in sexual assault victims. I just find it surprising that on top of everything else he's being accused of being a creepy pedophile rapist as well.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #659
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
I just find it surprising that on top of everything else he's being accused of being a creepy pedophile rapist as well.
Maybe she was wearing a hoodie and had a suspicious vagina.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #660
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Did any of you actually read the story and do the math? ......

It says Z is two years older than her, and it lasted for 10 years, starting when she was 6. That means Z was 8 years old when he started molesting her and lasted til he was 18, and it was over 10 years ago.......

Not sure, but I dont think that quite meets the pedophile definition. The last time it happened, he was living in a house by himself, and she went to visit him...presumably after he had been molesting her for 9 years previous......why would you do that as a victim? ....wouldnt you try to keep from going to someplace with him alone? .....

Not saying it didnt happen....but I will point out that there are alot of false accusations flung at people as well....Duke Lacrosse team ring a bell.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum