News: Chinese Interview with John Smedley - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off Cyssor!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-08, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Marsman
Major

Re: Chinese Interview with John Smedley

I think we need to be careful how we interpret wording here with regard to "crafting". First, I believe it was mentioned that resources will not be tangible items. There is not going to be auraxium ore, mining, etc...As I understand what has been said, resources come automatically from control of the territory on which those resources exist. Control that spot of ground and you automatically get the benefits of the resources contained there. I've seen a few threads where this interpretation is mis-understood.

That being said, it was also stated that certain resources will be needed in order to produce or perhaps "craft" certain items, addons, or additions to the elements of the game. It's possible Smed used the word "craft" not in the literal sense, but as a descriptive term to describe the process of obtaining these resource dependent benefits. So as Hamma put it, lets not get our torso armor plating in a wad over vague wording until we see something concrete.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Crator
Major General

Let me guess, SOE still hasn't learned their lesson about providing good public relations group to sort out these issues and provide good advertisement. <sigh>

And the funny thing is, many folks on these forums would probably give their left toe to provide them the proper PR and advertisement for free.

Last edited by Crator; 2011-09-08 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by raw View Post
It is also quite possible that Sony is adapting a different payment model for the PRC and the "western" world.
Is this seriously the only person that understands this? The Chinese version being developed for China by The9 is probably not the same game running in the US and Europe.

There's a reason they had to work with The9 in the first place. It's not just to put up separate servers over there. The9 is making actual changes to the game to fit the payment model expected by the Chinese audience.

Until we hear information about the US release I'm not going to pay much attention to things they're planning for the Chinese release.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Draep View Post
One sec, one sec. You can upgrade weapons to increase weapon damage?
This has been known since FF. They have not gone into specifics yet but said most upgrades are more like side-grades in that they have trade-offs. You can put on an attachment for extra damage (like 2-3%, nothing major) but it will decrease the guns RoF or accuracy.

OT - I don't see a F2P system working with cosmetic only things in the stores. I don't care what color my gun is, or having a cool looking helmet, so I know I wont be buying anything. If I can play for free cool, but maybe a cheap $5 sub along with the store, otherwise I just don't see it producing enough money to keep up with development.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

someone run this past the CNs on gemini and get a better translation ffs.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
someone run this past the CNs on gemini and get a better translation ffs.
Why not just do this. Works fairly well.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

WTS [MCG of Accuracy] x 1

Okay, really hoping crafting means putting a silencer or something on your gun.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
morf
First Sergeant

We get signal.

Main screen turn on.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Is this seriously the only person that understands this? The Chinese version being developed for China by The9 is probably not the same game running in the US and Europe.

There's a reason they had to work with The9 in the first place. It's not just to put up separate servers over there. The9 is making actual changes to the game to fit the payment model expected by the Chinese audience.

Until we hear information about the US release I'm not going to pay much attention to things they're planning for the Chinese release.
This makes sense.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Draep
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
This has been known since FF. They have not gone into specifics yet but said most upgrades are more like side-grades in that they have trade-offs. You can put on an attachment for extra damage (like 2-3%, nothing major) but it will decrease the guns RoF or accuracy.

OT - I don't see a F2P system working with cosmetic only things in the stores. I don't care what color my gun is, or having a cool looking helmet, so I know I wont be buying anything. If I can play for free cool, but maybe a cheap $5 sub along with the store, otherwise I just don't see it producing enough money to keep up with development.
Well maybe I'm missing something but I also heard that skills may increase weapon damage. If this and Alien Invasions were known since fan faire (what the fuck is fan faire?), nobody has been mentioning them on the forums until now, in fact they been mentioning stupid things like alternative visuals for tanks or dual wielding. Perhaps also worth noting that those threads get the most replies.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ok folks - let's try to calm things down. Smed got back to us with some clarification.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...edley-2538.htm

On Auction House
We aren't doing an auction house like Blizzard. They asked me what I thought of that move by Blizzard and I said I liked it and thought it would help with farmers and that we were doing it years ago with Station Exchange. It has nothing to do with Planetside 2 whatsoever. Ive said before the game will be some form of F2P but we aren't announcing anything specific yet.

On Beta
I did in fact say we are aiming for late this year or early next year. No further comment about that. It's ready when it's ready and we are proud of it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-08, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Ok folks - let's try to calm things down. Smed got back to us with some clarification.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...edley-2538.htm
What am I supposed to do with all of these torches and pitchforks?
Old 2011-09-08, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Draep View Post
Well maybe I'm missing something but I also heard that skills may increase weapon damage. If this and Alien Invasions were known since fan faire (what the fuck is fan faire?), nobody has been mentioning them on the forums until now, in fact they been mentioning stupid things like alternative visuals for tanks or dual wielding. Perhaps also worth noting that those threads get the most replies.
The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation or use the VIP tracker at the top to quickly jump to Higby's responses to that thread. the 20% will only be attainable if you max out your certs and outfit specialization in 1 thing/area, and not all 20% can be on straight damage. They want people to see they are getting stronger, but they are making it so small it really doesn't effect much (supposedly).
Old 2011-09-08, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

anyone who takes the chineese translation for anything more than a bad tldr of the conversation as a whole is a, an idiot and b, not seeing the trees for the forest. or something.

frankly, the chineese language has nuances and double-meaning phrases that make translation really really really difficult. get a proper translation done, or better yet get smed to do his own tldr here and then read THAT for what it is.
Old 2011-09-08, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Aractain
Major

Basically what we thought then. Yes yes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion