SOE balancing TR MAXs! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We be off da heezy!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-06, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Plato
Sergeant

Interesting to note that 9 out of 10 TR max units are the DC. That Pounder is a grief machine that kills everything. I think the pounder should be replaced with a rocket launching Max and the DC be AI.

We'll just have to wait and see how bad the nerf is. My biggest issues with planetside right now are the lawn mower use of vehicles against infantry and max units and the sheer suckiness of the chaingun.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Ducimus
Sergeant

For the record, i don't use a MAX.

I don't like this nerf for 2 reasons.

1.) it effects the TR's total force composition as a whole

2.) the pissy whiners got their way.

I tend to look at the big picture, not in terms of 1 vs 1.

Now what worries me is total force, and its application. NC tends to be well organzied, at least on my server. They tend to use combined arms to a much higher degree. (IE using land based attack vehicles in conjunction with air and infantry)

Outdoors we have a fair fight, Most TR infantry carry a striker. This makes their land and air assaults more difficult. A jackhammer isnt as much of an issue.

Now in my experience NC seems to try and deliberatly get us locked inside, be it a tower or base to press their advantage in their AI max and jackhammer. Infantry vs infantry, we are outgunned. Once they have us in a choke point, they turn everything into shredded meat. A cycler vs a jackhammer isnt a good fight, and they know this. Thats where our MAX comes into play. It was what saved our bacon.

Generally speaking, most heavy infantry battles are at 50Meteres or less. Sometimes you'll get in those fun outdoor battles, but eventaully your back at the tower. Overall, i feel NC equpiment is better than our own considering where most battles eventually end up at. Fighting NC in CQB is tantamount to murder. Right now i feel the only reason they dont dominate everything outright, is simply because TR has more numbers.
Old 2003-06-06, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

"10) TR MAX Pounder has been changed so its explosion is slightly smaller and so that its damage-at-edge-of-explosion is slightly less also. This brings the Pounder back into balance a bit, and also reduces its grief potential somewhat."

I use a Pounder max and I can tell you this isn't a nerf, its an improvement that will help with grief a little and more importantly help my max survive longer because in close quarters battles its really easy to damage yourself.
Old 2003-06-06, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
AnimalMachine
Private

Originally posted by 1024
It would be interesting to see the numbers behind their decision.
I agree completely. What would be cool is if they released these types of stats on a periodical basis. But I dig watching these types of trends for some reason.
Old 2003-06-06, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Matri00, I'm going to assume that you're not trolling and honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about. Lockers are "virtual" spaces not actual ones. So if you had left those items in the enemy locker alone and opened up your own locker later, you would've found the same contents in it.

I'd tell you to test it but for some reason, they took away the ability to hack enemy lockers.
Old 2003-06-06, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Matuse
First Sergeant

Even if they were a little overpowered, so what?
Where is that flameseeker award when you need it?

2.) the pissy whiners got their way.
This is a meaningless complaint. No matter WHAT weapon you look at, someone is bitching about it being overpowered.
Old 2003-06-06, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

yay, terrans should win one day by monday

look, if they win, the pissy whiner got his way? now stfu

this whole empire fanboy thing has to stop...seriously, some of u are dumbfucks

i HATE my empire, but im stuck here, and imma make the best of it

TR, of course u think u have skill, u slaughter everything so easily and swarm over everyone, it MUST be because ur good, right?

i mean, us in the NC are just happy and greatful u let us win Emerald because you must have gone on vacations in TR to let us completely own 5 continents...

truth be told, i believe VS needs a little boost in power, they are never a challenge and even if it IS just because they cant use strategy and whatnot, i think they deserve a little boost to make it fair, whether or not

also, the "pheonix is awsome too" comment is BS. The rocket doesnt turn on a dime like the striker, it curves extremely slow and u could barely curve it to hit a moving target.

Lets compare skillz in MAXs to date
VS-Must Jump effectively, shoot accurately, and hit with team and surprise tactics
NC-must shield at all free moments and stay moving and accurate
TR-latch and shoot, stuff will die...just weight the mouse down and go make lunch
Old 2003-06-06, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by tmartinez72
Explain.
Ok they may not be that crazy to nerf so much. But what I meant by it was it would suck if we all had the same attributes for everything. The only difference woud be our colors.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-06, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Matuse
Where is that flameseeker award when you need it?
Thank you. Thank you.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-06, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I think the problem people seem to forget is max's are supposed to be one of the few things that's fairly equal between the factions, their special abilities were meant to be utilitous in nature not end all kill all weapons. Having said that I whould like to see the accuracy of the TR heavy weapon bumped so their better in the open field, nothing should compare to the jackhammer indoors but in the open field TR should have the advantage over NC, cant say how the vanu should play in the relationship but perhaps redsigning all their stuff so they have better mobility? Smaller COF's while moving due to alien tech, i dunno.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion