CSR's being gay. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Red, Purple and Blue!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-18, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raige
No, not really. There are different shapes and sizes of trees and hills in each continet.

PlanetSide engine is based on each building, tree, lake. 1 by 1. That explains why Hossin was the laggiest place to fight because of the massive swamps and leaves.
Have you ever noticed that the trees are ALWAYS in the same place? Try it sometime. They're always there...never move, never change. Hossin has the fog effect, which is a bit more of a drain than the other continents.

The trees and hills are different colors and sizes on the different continents, but the fact remains that they ALL have them. What on earth posessesed you to think that there'd be no walls in a cavern?
Old 2004-03-18, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I do not mouth or swear to the CSRs. You can ask CSR-JohnnyA if I sweared front of him.

CSR's being gay

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-18, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I have the no wall bug. It doesn't occur everytime, but it is a regularly recurring bug. You fix it by logging off, then rebooting your machine (which if you talk to tech support, they will tell you to do). If you've been to the core even once, you know it is supposed to have walls, floors, equipment terminals. Seeing an empty cavern with zip lines and teleport pads and PEOPLE mysteriously floating in air where floors and walls should instantly alert you to the no wall bug. I am posting this so folks who have never see this bug understand, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that you could possibly think this is supposed to be like this. Especially if you had beta'd CC. PERIOD. Also, noone should be making the case that "I spent $30, so if I encounter a bug I should be able to exploit it". If that was the case, SOE wouldn't have the ban stick.

BTW duffman, if you have talked to customer service, you would also know that rebooting solves this problem, so it's not an issue of him not using the caverns. Sure it's incredibly inconvient and I will gladly agree that we who experience this bug should either get it fixed or have SOE refund our money. I haven't had a chance to check out your link on the OF, but will do that as soon as I finish this post. It's obvious all of us who are plagued by this bug should work together to put some pressure to bear on SOE for a fix. However we won't further our cause by backing up some idiot like this who was obviously exploiting.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-03-18, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
I have the no wall bug. It doesn't occur everytime, but it is a regularly recurring bug. You fix it by logging off, then rebooting your machine (which if you talk to tech support, they will tell you to do). If you've been to the core even once, you know it is supposed to have walls, floors, equipment terminals. Seeing an empty cavern with zip lines and teleport pads and PEOPLE mysteriously floating in air where floors and walls should instantly alert you to the no wall bug. I am posting this so folks who have never see this bug understand, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that you could possibly think this is supposed to be like this. Especially if you had beta'd CC. PERIOD. Also, noone should be making the case that "I spent $30, so if I encounter a bug I should be able to exploit it". If that was the case, SOE wouldn't have the ban stick.

BTW duffman, if you have talked to customer service, you would also know that rebooting solves this problem, so it's not an issue of him not using the caverns. Sure it's incredibly inconvient and I will gladly agree that we who experience this bug should either get it fixed or have SOE refund our money. I haven't had a chance to check out your link on the OF, but will do that as soon as I finish this post. It's obvious all of us who are plagued by this bug should work together to put some pressure to bear on SOE for a fix. However we won't further our cause by backing up some idiot like this who was obviously exploiting.
Old 2004-03-18, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Raige
Sergeant

ROFL!

I leave my computer off when I'm not on.

If I went to get on, I'd turn it on and start to play. Excuse me while I laugh that you leave computer on all night long.
Old 2004-03-18, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

How is that funny? I leave my PC on all night, I'm sure 95% of the people here do. In fact, I believe I'm going to start a poll in the lounge to see how many people do.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-18, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
delta
First Sergeant

CSRs suspends you for doing exploit on the FIRST TIME with out warning you that you are doing it.

I have no clue that I was doing exploit. CSR-JohnnyA just suspended me right away instead of using warning and trying to tell me that I am doing exploiting nor how to fix it.

I paid 30 bucks for the core expansion and I should play inside. It was my first time I got in the core, EVER.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/038259.html
Yup happened to me to.
They just suspended me out of the blue.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2004-03-18, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I've been playing since release and I have never been confronted by any sort of dev or csr or being of higher power. Why can't you people just follow the rules more often? Is it that hard to figure out that when buildings go invisible and people are floating in midair that something is terribly wrong? It was your responsibility as a participant in Planetside to report this and discontinue doing it. If you ever think something is wrong, report it. The worst they could tell you is that you're wrong and that it's not a bug and there is nothing to worry about.

Do not complain about your own inability to do the right thing when something is wrong. If there weren't people exploiting like this all the time, the devs would definately go easier. But since there are smacktards in every online game, the rules must change, punishments must get more severe, and firmer actions must be taken to compensate for this.

The suspension is your warning. The only way I would think otherwise about this whole entire post is if you were perma-banned. That would be extreme. What the CSR gave you, was to me, the proper amount of punishment, whether you knew you were doing it or not. Now you know not to do it again, and you'll be back playing in no time.
Old 2004-03-18, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Very valid point D...

They could have banned you should they have desired it.

Chances are the CSR pulled up your record, saw that you were on the CC beta, saw that you've been around for a while and should *know* better (i.e. - you're not a 7 day trial newb on a BR4 character) and possibly pulled up a history of past activities that have been reported (saw it mentioned in the OF that you have a history of some sort, but I'm not going to pry as it's not my business...it IS however, the business of a CSR investigating an exploit abuse).

As was pointed out, we hear only your side of the story...not the CSR's. But from what YOU'RE presenting, it's very difficult to disagree with their actions.

You should have known better and your protests to the contrary have gotten weaker and weaker as the flaws in the story have been pointed out. Please, stop complaining, admit that you made an error in judgement and try to learn from this experience rather than blaming someone who was doing their job.

EDIT: As a technical note, it's better for your hard drives in the long run to leave your computer running. Starting and stopping them often can wear out the bearings in them faster and shorten the life considerably...hence why people who can leave them on, do so.
Old 2004-03-18, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Raige
Sergeant

Can we stop posting here? Im tired already.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
oddfish
Colonel

i knew you'd see it my way, Raige.. close this puppy down.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Shady stuff.

P.S. Obligatory bump to annoy a hypocrite.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
oddfish
Colonel

i know i said i was gonna stop posting in this thing.. but the fact that raige finally gave up made it my duty to make a final appearance, if that's what you're giving the "obligatory bump" to, Elf.

My Blog
Old 2004-03-18, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by oddfish
i know i said i was gonna stop posting in this thing.. but the fact that raige finally gave up made it my duty to make a final appearance, if that's what you're giving the "obligatory bump" to, Elf.
dude you suck at life
Old 2004-03-19, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
oddfish
Colonel

Originally Posted by Duffman
dude you suck at life

what kind of fucking five year old says shit like that? really. dude, grow the fuck up!

My Blog
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion