The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is your brain. This is your brain on PSU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-06-05, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: The Ceres Biotech Incident 6/2/13

You won't effectively get fanboys out of pubs unless your some branded internet celebrity.

It's a waisted effort to work with and organize pubs when you can use that sweat and work to organize a effective Outfit.

The best effort to organize the pubs is /Orders chat. Keep commands short and simple and you can herd cats, but don't expect grand results, only a distraction.

Organized Outfit Squad/Platoons will always trump Pub Squad/Platoon in terms of Zergs.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-06-05 at 08:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
You won't effectively get fanboys out of pubs unless your some branded internet celebrity.

It's a waisted effort to work with and organize pubs when you can use that sweat and work to organize a effective Outfit.

The best effort to organize the pubs is /Orders chat. Keep commands short and simple and you can herd cats, but don't expect grand results, only a distraction.

Organized Outfit Squad/Platoons will always trump Pub Squad/Platoon in terms of Zergs.
That is what SWAT basically is, one large incompetent group of pubs that group together. And we all know how "effective" those people are.

Old 2013-06-05, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
this is utter bullshit,you can lead them if they think you will put them in situations that they can win,once they trust you they will listen to you anytime.

just because you can't do it doesn't make it impossible for everyone else.
Absolutely. All the zerg need to hear is collective repetition. If all commanders spam the same orders, the zerg will fall in.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-06-06, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
ChargerCarl
Corporal

Best part: when after two hours of watching NC fail to take perris barracks TXR all went NC and led the assault.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

yeah that traitor ops was epic, but still couldn't break the damned VS line!
Old 2013-06-06, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
this is utter bullshit,you can lead them if they think you will put them in situations that they can win,once they trust you they will listen to you anytime.

just because you can't do it doesn't make it impossible for everyone else.
I never said I couldn't. I did it for a long time in PS1 on Markov and honestly I don't care to ever do it again if I can help it. I have my hands full with other things going on in game. When the arm chair commandos decide to start working together on Connery instead of arguing with each other about whats best then maybe will get some where. Until then I don't foresee it happening anytime in the near future. To many people out for themselves along with inter-faction rivalry.

Zergs gonna do what the zerg wants to do. Period. And until somebody actually does it for more than 15 minutes and everybody actually speaks up in command chat and backs him up my statement holds true. Prove me wrong SgtMAD. Matter of fact why don't you step up and do it. Hell, I actually throw in my support for ya and will see how it goes.

This isn't PS1 where we use to hold votes in command chat on the next objective like the old days of Markov. Which leads me to my next topic of them needing to revamp command chat entirely and maybe looking at readopting PS1's system...nah, I 'll save that for another day and spare you the wall of text.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-06-06 at 08:58 PM. Reason: To be nice :p
Old 2013-06-07, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Is it just me or is command chat almost to accessible?

Just 100 certs and be squad lead ( sometimes even after you have passed lead on) and your in command chat.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

It is too accessible, but without bringing back Command Ranks, there really isn't a gate into Leader chat.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)