Beta CDs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Baths are for normal people, are you normal?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-14, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Knight309
Private

Unhappy Beta CDs

Today was the projected date me and my friend came up with for beta CDs to arrive. I waited for 2 hours after I got out of school for the mail to arrive. Finnaly after waiting the mail car came (USPS). I eagerly ran to the mail box, crossed my fingers, and ...... was disappointed.

Anyone out there reading the forums get their beta CD yet? If so, did it arrive USPS or by other means. I can't wait....I wanna play PS very badly.

Have another friend who is rubbing in my face the fact that he got into exclusive.

Thanks for any replies

An impatient tester
Old 2003-04-14, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mazuli
Sergeant

You must live on the east coast. I doubt it would arrive on the east coast this early. I live in california and haven't gotten mail yet but I'll say whether or not I get my CD.

I also heard that they haven't done the character wipe yet and the open beta doesn't begin till tomorrow.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
colinisinhere
Staff Sergeant

please dont complain.. you are soooo lucky to be in beta!

sYsTeM_oF_a_DoWn
Old 2003-04-14, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Knight309
Private

Dev team is located in the Central Time, so...thats where my assumption came from.

Guess it depends on where the CDs are produced. Please be here tmmrw.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
zMessiahz
Sergeant

colin I understand your sentiments, must be tough with everyone talking about beta. However its like a bittersweat torture. I was happy reading about PS and patiently waiting for it to come out. Helping to run my BF divison of my team. None of the edginess that comes along with anticipation, but then the beta email arrived. Since then I've acted like a fiending drug addict. My wife thinks I am insane for checking the mail constantly (which BTW I have never cared to check the mail before).

So yes its cool to be in open beta, but damn it feels like pain right now!

(On the plus side I did get a sh!t load done around the house this weekend!)
Old 2003-04-14, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rogue
Corporal

I'm gonna beat the mailman to the curb this afternoon, but I really don't expect my CD until tommorow. Here's hopin' it comes today though.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Just to clarify, the cds are being mailed from San Diego. I wouldn't expect your disk today, I am in Dallas and didn't receive mine. East coasters may have to wait until Wed. or Thursday.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Knight309
Private

don't say thursday....i'll freak by that time.....(sides i may have to work that day)....man i hope not Thursday
Old 2003-04-14, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by zMessiahz
colin I understand your sentiments, must be tough with everyone talking about beta.
No duh. Its even worse that I live in California and whoever lives in california will probly get there cds today..... oh well, him and I (if neither of us win a contest thing) will wait patently for the release date......or run to the conner and cry......

/runs to the conner, starts crying

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

I am in NY, Dident get it.
Old 2003-04-14, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by zMessiahz
colin I understand your sentiments, must be tough with everyone talking about beta. However its like a bittersweat torture. I was happy reading about PS and patiently waiting for it to come out. Helping to run my BF divison of my team. None of the edginess that comes along with anticipation, but then the beta email arrived. Since then I've acted like a fiending drug addict. My wife thinks I am insane for checking the mail constantly (which BTW I have never cared to check the mail before).

So yes its cool to be in open beta, but damn it feels like pain right now!

(On the plus side I did get a sh!t load done around the house this weekend!)
I entirely understand what you're saying all too well.

I was absolutely fine just checking up on it occasionally and awaiting the release date. But to our surprise (the song I'm currently listening to right now ) I recieved an e-mail claiming I'd been accepted into Beta and that I'd have to send them my shipping address. Needless to say, I did that right then and there and have probably checked everyday since then to make sure it's absolutely correct. I've also checked my e-mail twice a day (when I'd usually check it every week or so beforehand). I wouldn't (couldn't, is a more appropriate word... ) play Natural Selection because of the recent surfacing of h4x0rs and how the game must be so silly and unentertaining compared to what soon awaits me...

*sigh* I haven't gotten my mail for today, but if no one has gotten their Beta CDs it means I won't either. I certainly don't live in San Diego.
Old 2003-04-14, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mazuli
Sergeant

Someone from San Diego got their mail and no CD, so I doubt anyone will have their CD today.
Old 2003-04-14, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

well...I'm IN San Diego...just called the wifey to check the mail. the mail did indeed come......

....no CD yet. (as of noon 4/14)
Old 2003-04-14, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

whos from San Diego?

and how are they shipping the game?

edit/ nvr mind.....damn i type slow...

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-14, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dissenter
Private

Near Seattle and checked the mail just an hour ago. No CDs yet.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion