My review of PS - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The movie.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-04, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
TekDragon
Contributor

*sigh*

I spent 50$. If thats not money to you then i dont know what is.

Just because your perfectly willing to blindly love this game despite the things its lacking doesnt mean you should insult and flame someone who says "I think the game needs this and this, and i think that these aspects are lacking"

Blind fanatisism is the height of stupidity. The way you do it is even worse, by insulting me and making completely off topic comparisons to what i say. Your arguments dont even adress the topics im covering, you just pick something random out of the air, add a few "morons" and cuss words and think youve done a good job of refuting anything ive said.

I ask you again. Go back and re-read my posts. Then read your replies. If your not shaking your head at your own immaturity then you need a break from the online world.
Old 2003-06-04, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Seer
Major

Plenty of us are willing to critique Planetside, Tek. I think what bothers forumgoers here is your tone and monomania.
Old 2003-06-04, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Here's my 1000 words

Old 2003-06-04, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
NightWalker XI
Colonel

My replies are what you deserved and I dunno where you got your game but you got ripped off, mine only cost me $40

The game has its fair share of problems but they are being fixed, have you been reading the official forums and site?

And even with lockups and something, I am willing to overlook those because even the current gameplay style on offer offers great fun.

I am a fanboy of PS but I am not fanatical, I can see its faults too, but those faults will be fixed and then what will you say?

Time is needed for everything, those impatient fools over at OF's can't wait for an up-date or loose too much so they complain about everything that they can find in the game, it can be Vanu weapons or TR MAX power, you are basically doing the same, it seems you are only looking at the faults of the game, only thing you didn't bash is the vehicle area of the game otherwise all your posts about PS are negative and since this is a fansite I doubt you would receive any other response than the one you got.
Old 2003-06-04, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by TekDragon
Do you really believe that for 13$ a month all we should get are a handful of weapons/vehicles, 5 bases, and sub par fight mechanics?
I dont have a problem at all paying that amount. If you do, then go play another game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-04, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sputty
Banned

Indeed, the main reason we're paying is for the servers, which from what I hear are far more "powerful" than an average MMORPG's servers, to play with thousands of other people at once on massive maps. Content is nice though and they plan on adding things soon
Old 2003-06-04, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hamma
PSU Admin

In all seriousness, I have respect for you.. but what did you expect posting something like this on a fansite? hehe

Old 2003-06-04, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
starrider
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by NightWalker XI
1. I wasn't aware 17 was still a kid...
2. No one said you should have said that PS rocks, no one has to have the same opinion, we are tired of your constant bashing, your on a fucking FANSITE, you know that word? it means everyone (except for you) likes the game!
3. You need to leave here soon
4. Not posting any bashing = people not flaming you

Everyone here IS intellegent, except for you that is.

Do you get the flow of things around here...F.A.N.S.I.T.E
good god this si insane. although i think Ps is one of teh best games out there a have to agree with tek. he is right about most stuff. it is an average game. now im not saying SOE didnt do a great job but this thing had been in devleopment since what? 2000? all they can think of in three years is 5 lousy base maps??? im mean come on. also hes right about the outifts now. all u can do with em is know weather or not your buddies are on. and you cant ven compete against other outfits without racking up extremem greif points. now this isnt to say anything about the stuff they havent added yet but im just talking about it now not in three weeks when we have new vehicles or in three months when all the stuff the dev team has been talking about is here just now. and now its really average, yea its fun if you have a good squad and almost NO lag but that almost NEVER happens. i mean have ya'll played solo? it sucks. but with a great comp,which i dont have, and a grea squad which i dont have mucj eoither its a average game that gets boring with out at least one of the above.

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-06-04, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

5 years developing the technology and engine from the ground up, on something that has never been done before

Old 2003-06-04, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Pytagoras
Private

Oh my..

TekDragon.. you are really rowing the boat far out...

We know PS got some faults, but when you slaughter this game on one of its fansites and then believe that people here are all thinking the same about the game as you, then you'r lost. Real lost. Why do you compare 10six, and thus underlining that you want a lot more weapons, vehicles etc, and complaining about stuff not being added. Planetside were released roughly 2 weeks ago and they've allready stated that they are planning to add new vehicles and features into the game very soon.

Your review is flawed, that's for sure.
Old 2003-06-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Cool sig Pytagoras
Old 2003-06-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
starrider
First Lieutenant

well yes i understand that and i cant imagine the countless hours of codeing that took but 5 maps???? five??

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

Old 2003-06-04, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TekDragon
Contributor

Wrong Hamma.

FPS have been done before.

MM games have been done before.

MMFPS games have been done before (10six. Made by, guess who? Sony.)

This game has an almost stunning lack of content. For a "revolutionary game" (Sony's words), i expected a little more than vanilla.

Pytagaros hit my feelings square on the head. The game is ok. Ill play it as long as its not 13$ a month. However, SOE promised us a hell of alot of things. They promised us revolutionary gameplay and content. They havent delivered. Not at all.

This game is NOT perfect. It does NOT deserve 9.0-9.5 ratings. It does NOT deserve the same cost per month as other MM games with 20-30 times more content.
Old 2003-06-04, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

No, it hasnt been done before.

10six was not even like PS. Not as many people... not nearly the kind of horsepower needed.

This engine was developed from the ground up, not licenced or borrowed from another game.

edit: this game is not perfect, I admit that myself. But its certainly not as bad as you are making it out to be

Old 2003-06-04, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
starrider
First Lieutenant

i argee EDIT: with tek

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion