My review of PS - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of QuoteSide
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-04, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Go play EQ if you want "Content". This is an FPS, Not a freaking RPG!
Old 2003-06-04, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Sputty
Banned

Or....SWG...bastard....
Old 2003-06-04, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
starrider
First Lieutenant

squeeky content as in more than 5 bases i understand that i took a long time to get the game ready and that was a whole lot of work ut come on five??? also more empire specific weponry would also be included in "content"

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-06-04, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
TekDragon
Contributor

First of all Hamma. Im not making this game out to be as bad as your thinking.

Im calling this game AVERAGE. How many times.. how many different ways.. how loudly do i have to say it? AVERAGE. Thats NOT saying its a bad game. Its saying i DONT agree with all the 9.0-9.5 reviews.

BTW: 3 years to make an engine with 0 content? So what? Pardon me while I practise my 'i dont give a damn' face.

Ive seen plenty of awesome games make their OWN engines and manage to SOMEHOW find time to add content.

Asherons Call 2 (i believe) had their own engine. They didnt put any content into the game though (despite the fact that the devs undoubtedly worked 100 times harder than the PS devs) and the game has failed.

PS has been in the works for 3 years. Im glad they made their own engine, i really am. My point is: who cares? I dont go to work, do my job half assed, then point to the thing i did right and go "Well why arent you worshiping me for doing that part right?". We shodnt be worshiping SOE just because they made a friggin engine. They need to make a GAME with that engine. Right now they have half a game. An ok game. An AVERAGE game.

One more time.... NOT A GREAT GAME. Average.
Old 2003-06-04, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
starrider
First Lieutenant

is anyone even listening to what im saying???

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

Old 2003-06-04, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Tek,

I refer to my previous content. THIS IS AN FPS!

FPS's dont have loads of content. But this game is an FPS and it has plenty of content. I don't know what else you want.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Ok, i just read thru this whole thread (sorry I did), but I have 1 thing to say.

Someone, please tell me what kind of content CS has? Oh wait, there isn't any. How about tribes? Oh, same thing.

PS has more content than CS, yet you whine because you want this to be a game that meets YOUR needs. Guess what? There's tens of thousands of other people who are fine with the game.

I think the main problem is that you had high expectitions for this game to be more like an RPG (content, etc) than an FPS (shoot'um'up)

It's sad that you dont' like the game, but they have already said there will be new features monthly, and you already see the liberator and the skyguard info released. They're not gonna cancel that stuff.

Just give the game time. It's only been what, 3 wks? Give it a chance to get good. All games start off rough.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

The devs have already hinted at a new continent, we have new vehicles coming as well. There has been mention of some new ideas to get people to defend bases.

If you don't want to wait or felt there wasn't enough in release, then uninstall.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Wait, are you guys really taking this thing seriously? Don't you remember this beauty of a thread?
Old 2003-06-04, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
starrider
First Lieutenant

i belive that most here are missing something....teks reveiw was based on how it is now not when all the new stuff is here but now and now its an average game.

Old 2003-06-04, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
TekDragon
Contributor

Squeeky!! WTF?! How can you even lie like that?

Point to the content?! Please?!

There are only FIVE FRIGGINING BASE DESIGNS!! I can log onto the FIRST tribes and play in dozens of different base designs! The whole game REVOLVES around those bases and yet there are only FIVE of them?! How can you call that content?

Wunna talk about the weapons? Yes please. This is a futuristic world and the weapons are CRAP. SOE could of done SO much with these weapons. Plasma, lasers, railguns (not that crap thing they call a railgun), ion streams, ANYTHING!!!

What do we get? A few pistols, a few machine guns, 2 shotguns, a few rocket lanchers, a gernade launcher, 1 crap energy weapon, 2 decent energy weapons. Thats... it.

If this were a 20$ no name developer game I found on the ass-end of the new release section at EB i would accept this.

Maybe you have no imaginations. Maybe thats why you dont see how little content there is. Let me give you some ideas of things that COULD have been added to the game but werent due to laziness and greed.

WEAPONS

Plasma rifle: shoot spheres of plasma contained in an electro magnetic field. The plasma projectiles are fast and have a small explosive radius with burn damage.

Chain laser: Fires a short burst of laser energy. The rotating barrels allow the weapon to keep up a stream of fire without over-heating. Eats ammo like crazy.

Cluster grenade: releases small cluster munition that explode on impact. If used in a grenade launcher the cluster bombs can saturate a small area by timing them to explode in the air.

Mortor: Heavy weapon able to lob munitions over a large distance. Projectile would have an arc effect requiring another teamate with targeting beam to highlight area.

Target beam: Basicaly the targeting beam from Tribes. Highlights areas for players and allows them to target the area with weapons like the seeking missles or mortors.

Beacons: Act the same as a targeting beam but is localized on the area you place the beacon. Could be used by an infultrator to sneak up to the tower, place a beacon, and give friendly mortor units the coordinates needed to land some munitions on enemy AA units on the top of the tower.

Particle Cannon: A charge weapon. Holding the button charges up the particles inside. The longer the charge, the greater the power behind the projectile. After a certain period of holding the trigger the weapon would overheat and release prematurely. Holding the trigger would use more and more ammo.

Disc Launcher: Because it was so damn cool in Tribes

I could go on with environment, squad tools, vehicles, medical equipment, engineer equipment... etc... etc.

I could write 50 pages on random things that could be added to the game that could easily be implemented and add content to the game without being redundent. The point is SOE was lazy. I know it, you know it.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
TekDragon
Contributor

Someone, please tell me what kind of content CS has? Oh wait, there isn't any. How about tribes? Oh, same thing.
Tribes... didnt have content?

Holy shit. Ok, thats it. My stupidity limit for the day has just been filled singlehandedly by that coment.

Gonna go play some CnC Generals now. Ill hang out in the lobby and listen to people whine about Bush. Thatll at least make more sence than what I just read.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
starrider
First Lieutenant

ACK!!!!! DOES ANYONE EVEN READ THIS!!!!?????

Old 2003-06-04, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by TekDragon

Plasma rifle: shoot spheres of plasma contained in an electro magnetic field. The plasma projectiles are fast and have a small explosive radius with burn damage.

Chain laser: Fires a short burst of laser energy. The rotating barrels allow the weapon to keep up a stream of fire without over-heating. Eats ammo like crazy.

Cluster grenade: releases small cluster munition that explode on impact. If used in a grenade launcher the cluster bombs can saturate a small area by timing them to explode in the air.

Mortor: Heavy weapon able to lob munitions over a large distance. Projectile would have an arc effect requiring another teamate with targeting beam to highlight area.

Target beam: Basicaly the targeting beam from Tribes. Highlights areas for players and allows them to target the area with weapons like the seeking missles or mortors.

Beacons: Act the same as a targeting beam but is localized on the area you place the beacon. Could be used by an infultrator to sneak up to the tower, place a beacon, and give friendly mortor units the coordinates needed to land some munitions on enemy AA units on the top of the tower.

Particle Cannon: A charge weapon. Holding the button charges up the particles inside. The longer the charge, the greater the power behind the projectile. After a certain period of holding the trigger the weapon would overheat and release prematurely. Holding the trigger would use more and more ammo.

Disc Launcher: Because it was so damn cool in Tribes
Go play tribes if you want tribes weapons. There is even a new version coming out next year.
Old 2003-06-04, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
starrider
First Lieutenant

good god the insaneity do you not understand the idea of a metaphor????? its an example. i mean come on the game ahs 2 dozen wepons and five bases, well if five bases does it for you then more power to ya, but id like to see more than that. come on people how many times has tek said that content is more than just a few wepons and five baeses NOT rpg like game play come on folks read the damned posts.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion