Thoughts on the new-and-improved Lasher - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now remember, I like it spicey.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-14, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Jarlo
You got killed with a lasher in a mosq in 3 shots? That is a flat out lie. You cannot kill a normal infantry in 3 shots with a lasher.

Now if you are talking about the LANCER, that is also a lie. It takes at least a full 6 shots to take a mosq with the lancer. Lancer is AV, Lasher is Hvy Assault.

Friggin TR noobs...
That last comment was uncalled for. Can you name all of the weapons in the game? I knwo for a fact aht at least 70% of the population can't name most of the weapons except for their empire specific ones. We never get to use your weapons so we never learn the names of them. So, STFU.

Old 2003-07-14, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Yeah I can name all the weapons in the game. There are not THAT many.
Old 2003-07-14, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

What:

NC
---

Gauss
Jackhammer
Phoenix
MAG-Scatter
Sparrow - Falcon - Scattercannon

TR
---

Cycler
Mini Chaingun
Stryker
Repeater
Pounder - Dual-Cycler - Burster

Barneys (errr Vanu)
---

Beamer
Lasher
Lancer
Pulsar
Starfire - Comet - Quasar

I don't have alot of free time.

Old 2003-07-15, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gabsux
Private

"I knwo for a fact aht at least 70% of the population can't name most of the weapons except for their empire specific ones."

I would be completely shocked if 95% of the population hasn�t tried all of the weapons, maxes, and vehicles in PS (at least in VR). If you haven�t, I would certainly recommend it. Not only is it a blast, but spending a few days getting familiar with the enemy�s gear will show you how to best use your own gear to your advantage. If you �think� a weapon is overpowered, go use it for a few days, find out how it really works, and use that information to defeat it. The sad part is the overpowered weapons are very boring to use�a.k.a. jackhammer, striker, magrider�well running over people never gets old�that death moan just cracks me up.
Old 2003-07-15, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Bismarck
Nerf the lasher, wtf are Soe thinking. Did they upgrade the MCG?

That damn lasher killed me more than anything. It will take down a skeeter in 3 shots. If they upgraded the MCG then I won't complain, but if TR is getting left out I'm jumping ship. I don't know why the SOE ppl hate TR so much but they do.
*runs hose from the back of his ant to a modified nanite dispensor. Carefully checks all the connections, lights the tip on fire with beamer. (you always knew it was good for something). Turns ghetto planetside flamethrower on Bismarck watches him die in a cloud of burning nanites and video lag*

Okay you are threatening to jump ship because you believe TR are weak? Do you even use the MCG? Have you even been keeping up on the changes their making to it? Can you look at any other advantages your empire has rather then concentrating on these percieved flaws? Jump ship whatever that means, have a nice day.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.

Last edited by Doppler; 2003-07-15 at 10:20 PM.
Old 2003-07-15, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
shinken
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Gabsux
"I knwo for a fact aht at least 70% of the population can't name most of the weapons except for their empire specific ones."

I would be completely shocked if 95% of the population hasn�t tried all of the weapons, maxes, and vehicles in PS (at least in VR). If you haven�t, I would certainly recommend it. Not only is it a blast, but spending a few days getting familiar with the enemy�s gear will show you how to best use your own gear to your advantage. If you �think� a weapon is overpowered, go use it for a few days, find out how it really works, and use that information to defeat it. The sad part is the overpowered weapons are very boring to use�a.k.a. jackhammer, striker, magrider�well running over people never gets old�that death moan just cracks me up.
im w/ you on this one, i almost always do this w/ games that have more than 1 faction u can play

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-07-15, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

�that death moan just cracks me up.
UAAAAGGHHH!!!!

Old 2003-07-15, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghost06
First Sergeant

when I spawn I try to imagine a climax. Keeps the mental trauma down

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-07-15, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

I use the Jackhammer, and the Lasher is harder, but not impossible to beat. People don't realize it's a close range weapon, especially not Barney McGee who tried to take me on at fifty meters (the results were not good for him ).
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-07-15, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

I agree. Nerf the lasher.

I mean, sure, we haven't seen it on live servers yet and we have no idea how it will effect gameplay, but that seems irrelevant when compared to my snap decisions with no basis in reality.

While we're on the subject, the lasher is widely considered the weakest HA weapon, and because of this I think it needs to be nerfed more. Some NC newbs may not fully understand how ridiculously overpowered the jackhammer they wield is, and thus may mistakenly loot and use a lasher. This might weaken NC's "overpowered, bullshit, no skill whatsoever" empire stance and is thus completely unacceptable. By making the lasher even worse than it is now, we can avoid this scenario.
Old 2003-07-15, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hexen
Sergeant

Well said Arakiel.

By the way, I think it should be pointed out that no matter what is changed in a patch to affect balance, the enemies of those made stronger will always complain, even if the balance patch proved to be a perfect success.

People seem to get used to beating people, and when suddenly those same people fighting with the same weapons are suddenly a challenge, they consider it imbalanced, even though they may have been able to defeat you prior to the patching anyway, were their weapon on par with yours.
Old 2003-07-15, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

-PD
Old 2003-07-15, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hexen
Sergeant

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion