Question regarding Gal - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC does it for Freedom.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-16, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OutlawSZ
Private

Question regarding Gal

Where else BESIDES the sanc can i pull a Gal? I have yet to figure this out!

Thanks.
Old 2003-07-16, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Dropship Centers
Old 2003-07-16, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Daeda1us
Private

Dropship bases.
Old 2003-07-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OutlawSZ
Private

thanks guys

*******.net lmao i forgot all about them hacking boons.
Old 2003-07-16, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nixon
Corporal

Dropship Centers are the only non-Sanctuary locations that you can pick Galaxies up from. If you have Advanced Hacking and sneak into an enemy-held Dropship Center, you can usually get a Galaxy and expect to make it out of range of the base's defenses with about half your armor drained.

I'm going to take a leap here and assume that you're new to flying the thing, so you might seriously want to consider picking up the Engineering cert since you'll often be setting down to repair your Gal. They're quire an investment, given that there's only one place to get them, and you'll often find yourself getting shot from all sides while you drop your squad on towers and bases.

Depending on how well-developed your character is, you might also want to consider Advanced Hacking. If there's one thing that hackers like to jack as much as an AMS, it tends to be a parked Galaxy. Some cloakers are build enough to try stealing it while you're repairing, and you'll want the means to hack your ride back.

The last patch really made the Galaxy's weapons more useful, unexpectedly turning her into a decent support craft. When holding a base, I've recently had squadmates at the guns and we've chewed up all sorts of light vehicles... even Lightnings.

When in the air, remember that flying high isn't always the best way to go. Flying above the tree line and through valleys often keeps you out of site since many AV weapons can easily lock onto you while you're high in the air, and you have nothing to hide behind. Just remember that your aft gun is limited in terms of how high up it can angle. Reavers often come in from behind and above, and you want to angle yourself so that that gun can chew them up before they can finish their rocket salvo.

Name it... love it... babysit it. It's possible to keep one Gal and use it the entire night.
Old 2003-07-16, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Yeah I noticed the guns are stronger, and the deliverer guns take out reavers and such really wuick now also, was it a sneaky edit or have they always been that good at killing stuff? gal and deliver based guns
Old 2003-07-16, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Angry

hacking boons..... not in planetside fool - you gonna talk about that stuff in another game then bring it to those forums
Old 2003-07-16, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

dropship center or u can jack one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion