A story for PS? (and a solution to the no point problem) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: #1 source for STD's
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-15, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

A story for PS? (and a solution to the no point problem)

What if PS could have a story? Like the winning that so many ppl want what if when some one won something happend. For example Following MrVicchios idea to win. I would have a few changes. OK basically when teams take a base a counter starts. (It gives points based on how long the counters ran for your team ) This occurs for all bases. Now over a period of two or three months the counter #'s are tallied for each team. Now the team that has the most wins. BUT in addition to winning the Dev team has been writing a seris of responses to the story depending on who wins. For example lets say the NC wins the first 2 months. Maybe they captured the former TR president of Auraxis and executed him. If the TR win maybe they find a way to repair the wormwhole and call for help from other TR forces on other worlds. Maybe the VS come into contact with the aliens who created the technology they use but they wont give them technology untill they prove themselves worthy. These are just ideas, im not a writer. The time table could also be adjusted to allow for more time to create stuff like maybe 3 months And then lets say that the NC win like 12 months out of a 2 year period and the VS and TR split the rest. At this point Sony might be ready to release an expansion pack for the game. And since the NC won maybe they finally overthrew all other forces on the planet and managed to go to another TR planet andt ry to overthrow it. And the Vs could still be involved b/c there love of technology could be like a religion and could convert some Tr or Nc on the other planets. This world be represented by the devs making a whole new world map. This make the game have a purpose b/c on side can WIN and it means some thing because your side gets to become victorius in a limited sense because you can always keep the story going as long as you have good writers. This also gives an incentive to defend bases because thats creating the points that is making your team win. It would also give an incentive to keep playing because the devs could release new weapons implants etc. for the empires based on who won. Maybe the TR wins and gets a shiny new gun. But NC cloakers manage to sneak into the base its kept at.(wherever the devs want to put it) and steal the design. And the infil's who did it could be come heros for there empire. That would be another reason to keep playing because you get a chance to be a hero. I dont know if this would work but I thought it would be really cool. I like games with stories to them. And it would give the game a puspose but it wouldn't have an end. For PS#2 maybe they could have it be in the far future and all the events of the first one become legends. The only flaw to this is the fact that empires getting new stuff for winning might un balance the game. Just thought it'd be cool b/c no other mmorpg has a storyline in it. Any way just thought i should write this down before i forget. If you like this and want it in the of for devs to see easier then you could post it there. (I dont own PS) (sry bout the long post length)

(Sry bout the grammar too, its late)
Damn parathesis

I dont know anything about programming so if any part of this is technically impossible (though i cant see why it would be) then i guess it wont work
Old 2003-07-15, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
shinken
First Sergeant

sounds pretty cool, but i dont think any1 will win untill you can get at least one entire faction entering the sanc, cuz every one for the defending faction will return to the sanc, it would be a real lag fest

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-07-16, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kikinchikin

ah but ur wrong, sancs have population locks as well ;D
Old 2003-07-16, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hexen
Sergeant

Gah! Ever heard of paragrahs?
Old 2003-07-16, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

It was like 11:30 at night. I was a little out of it.
Old 2003-07-17, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
skater_d
Corporal

Thumbs up

that sounds awesome. a changble story line depending on the outcomes of each campain or something similar. that would be a changing point for this whole players quitting every where. the would just need some good story tellers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion