Make Lightning Tank Empire Specific? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because Everquest blows.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-30, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
BloodySoul
Corporal

Re: Make Lightning Tank Empire Specific?

i like having a vehicle that is the same for all. Keeps a level of balance for me in the game. I think mos lower levels stuff should be the same and only higher stuff is different.
Old 2012-04-30, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shogun
Contributor
General

skins are in. already shown in screenshots

and i am sure the modular additions will indeed have some empire specific looks.

like the vs armor addition will look like the scaly magrider armor parts. on every vehicle they use it on. turning every common pool vehicle into some distinctive empire specific look. and the weapons will be customizable to es weapons as well.

there really is no need for special es models underneath all this es addon stuff.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-30, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
Different skins,as well as different empire specific mods would be pretty cool, but If it's gonna have a specific top-tier skill (AA from the sounds of it) there shouldn't be any mods to affect that particular weapon loadout. The top AA weapon should be available to all factions equally.
Well presumably any ES weapons will be additional options, while the uber AA gun will be one of the default Nanite Systems common pool weapons available to everyone. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
In PS1, having to use the VS AA weapon was weak when compared to the other factions and that always felt like an unfair advantage...
What AA weapon are you talking about? If you mean the Lancer, that was our AV weapon. There were no infantry portable weapons for any empire that were specifically AA weapons. While the Striker was arguably the best AV weapon for scaring off aircraft, the Lancer actually had the best odds of killing an aircraft, in skilled hands.

As for AA MAXes, while the Starfire couldn't surprise kill a stationary Reaver the way a locked down Burster could, it was undeniably a great AA MAX.

Between the Pheonix and the Sparrow, I'd say that the NC were inarguably the weakest AA empire.

The Skyguard made most of that moot, but I just gotta be honest. NC had a lot of strong shit and VS had some weak shit, but AA was not one of our weaknesses.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-04-30 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2012-04-30, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

They already said you can replace the main turret for the skygaurd turret for anti air.

Add in one empire specific turret as an option for each empire on the lightning and the problem is solved.

NC: Railgun
TR: something thats spins
VS: something that goes pew

problem solved.
Old 2012-05-01, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

spins like a boss /\
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion