I can haz swamp? Oh, and other things you would like to see in in-game environments. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You'd think the MCG would overheat...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-25, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Re: I can haz swamp? Oh, and other things you would like to see in in-game environmen

I really hope they add in swamps like the first game. Some of my best memories are training up my mossie skills by flying under and between those super-terranean roots.

Old 2012-06-25, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SergeantNubins
Corporal

Re: I can haz swamp? Oh, and other things you would like to see in in-game environmen

Urban environments. There must be places where people live or lived on the planet, but there seems to be nothing but towers, bunkers and facilities. I'd like to see a big city.. even if its just the ruins of the city after years of fighting, but something to fight through that isn't just all natural.

Perhaps a series of towns and villages surrounded by agricultural land - marked fields, hedgerows, small patches of woodland. Make Auraxis seem like a planet that people actually lived on.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
Urban environments. There must be places where people live or lived on the planet, but there seems to be nothing but towers, bunkers and facilities. I'd like to see a big city.. even if its just the ruins of the city after years of fighting, but something to fight through that isn't just all natural.

Perhaps a series of towns and villages surrounded by agricultural land - marked fields, hedgerows, small patches of woodland. Make Auraxis seem like a planet that people actually lived on.
And a Capitol Building full of Super Mutants.

Old 2012-06-25, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ComerEste
Corporal

I would love to fight on a continent with an active volcano instead of dormant one like Searhus. At random times it'll erupt and cause debris clouds and falling rocks that can damage us. And when I say debris clouds, I mean like this:

Last edited by ComerEste; 2012-06-25 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Cordless
Private

I would love to see environments made to favor specific unit compositions on a big scale. Deserts would heavily favor vehicles in general, swamp (dense forest?) to cut out or severely limit flyers, Urban ruins would be great for Infantry focused. That just from what was already mentioned, but you could really tailor it to whatever unit mix you wanted. Bad terrain with some sort of cover could be infantry only, open skies with bad terrain would make air control vital, that kind of thing.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

I want Searhus please. Nothing like fighting around lava lakes in the caldera of an active volcano, it was by far the most dramatic and memorable environment in the first planetside.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Stew
Major

Hope we will have some atmospherique dark alien jungle/swamp like this :P
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion