carv op? solstice says otherwise. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: HandGun meet ChainGun.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-11, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
boogy
Sergeant

carv op? solstice says otherwise.

I agree that TR have great weapons and the NC could use a better heavy assault default. However the VS solstice series wipes the floor with the carv. I'm just bringing this up out of fear that the devs actually buy into the nerf the TR hype. The VS HA is on par with the carv but the solstice is arguably the best gun in the game.

That's not even all the vanu got. The lasher is so much more effective than the MCG. I've seen lashers completely hold a door down because the orbs are so big you can't see where the fire is coming from. They also render your IRNV scope useless which is a must when fighting the vanus dark colors that blend them into the walls.

The Vanu Max's Anti Tank weapons are probably best in the game, which is adding insult to injury since they also have the best tank.

If you nerf the TR weapons you have to nerf the VANUs. Best bet for balance is to just buff the NC's defaut HA. I felt in beta, when they buffed the VS and TR, they should have left the NC alone. Getting hit by the solstice, and not to mention the Flare, remind me very much of the original pre-nerf gauss saw.

Am I QQing? maybe, I had another frustrating night of getting pottshotted by magriders and insta killed by solstices from all ranges.

Last edited by boogy; 2012-12-11 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Re: carv op? solstice says otherwise.

I agree. They also need to nerf the speed at which the magrider strafes and buff the armor on the prowler OR buff the reload time.

Last edited by thegreekboy; 2012-12-11 at 08:42 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dragonskin
Major

The QQ is heavy with one..... also LOL @ lasher comments. Please give me the MCG so I can rip threw tons of people getting kills instead of just getting a crap ton of assists. You know the lasher has the same damage as our pistol right?

You do know that the Orion isn't the same class as the NC default right? Kinda like how the NC get the only bolt action without requiring SC, 1,000 certs or the alpha package. The TR and VS would love to start with a bolt action by default.. I am sure you would see a lot more VS snipers if that was the case.

SOE's mistake is having different class weapons as default for different factions. Which gives the illusion that things are imbalanced until both sides have similar weapons.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
boogy
Sergeant

when did I mention the orion? Believe me, from your perspective you only get assists with the lasher, but it's a big PITA when you're on the other end of it. You literally don't know where those glowing balls of plasmic sperm are coming from. It completely blinds you at night. Better than those bugged flash grenades. I have the MCG, but it collects dust because the spin up makes it useless.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zaik
Private

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
The QQ is heavy with one..... also LOL @ lasher comments. Please give me the MCG so I can rip threw tons of people getting kills instead of just getting a crap ton of assists. You know the lasher has the same damage as our pistol right?

You do know that the Orion isn't the same class as the NC default right? Kinda like how the NC get the only bolt action without requiring SC, 1,000 certs or the alpha package. The TR and VS would love to start with a bolt action by default.. I am sure you would see a lot more VS snipers if that was the case.

SOE's mistake is having different class weapons as default for different factions. Which gives the illusion that things are imbalanced until both sides have similar weapons.
Er, if you compare NC's GD-22S with the Orion, some issues should become immediately apparent. Don't take my word for it though, do it yourself.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by boogy View Post
when did I mention the orion?
I agree that TR have great weapons and the NC could use a better heavy assault default. The VS HA is on par with the carv but the solstice is arguably the best gun in the game.

If you nerf the TR weapons you have to nerf the VANUs. Best bet for balance is to just buff the NC's defaut HA. I felt in beta, when they buffed the VS and TR, they should have left the NC alone.

You didn't specifically, but you mentioned the NC HA default being bad.. which is the unique one out of the 3 factions. The Orion is similar to the TR default. So you are basically asking for the HA default to be changed to the Orion.. which is the VS default.

The Solistice is a LA/Eng weapon for the VS... so not sure why you are clumping that in with the HA.. maybe you didn't mean to. IF you are comparing like weapons then the T-Carv is similar to the Polaris or Orion on VS side.. not the Solistice.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Machine_Guns

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2012-12-11 at 07:58 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Zaik View Post
Er, if you compare NC's GD-22S with the Orion, some issues should become immediately apparent. Don't take my word for it though, do it yourself.
I played both in beta. Unless things changed in release then the GD-22s is just like the Orion which is why we were urged to get the GD-22s in the Devil Dogs because it was on par.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
boogy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
You didn't specifically, but you mentioned the NC HA default being bad.. which is the unique one out of the 3 factions. The Orion is similar to the TR default. So you are basically asking for the HA default to be changed to the Orion.. which is the VS default.

The Solistice is a LA/Eng weapon for the VS... so not sure why you are clumping that in with the HA.. maybe you didn't mean to. IF you are comparing like weapons then the T-Carv is similar to the Polaris or Orion on VS side.. not the Solistice.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...t_Machine_Guns
You read me wrong or I wasn't clear. What I want is for the NC HA weapon to be on par with the other HA weapons.

People keep saying the TR are OP because of the carv when the VANU clearly have a better weapon with the Solstice, regardless of what class. I'm talking as a whole. Even vanu players on the official forums admit it's a one tap kill weapon. Head on I lose 90% of the time in a carv-vs solstice shootout.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gortha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
I agree. They need to nerf the speed at which the magrider strafes and buff the armor on the prowler OR buff the reload time.
Really funny, a while ago u changed from Vanu to TR or NC because u said the Vanu Weapons suck.

Now that u are on the other end, you say Vanu ar OP.

Just LOL.

LOL @ Thread.

/THREAD

PS: Solstice is just a mediocre VS Weapon. As Engineer i only play with Pulsar C. I was told by some mates, the best Weapon for the Vanu Light Assault is the fast shooting Vx6-7 or something

http://z0r.de/1573

Last edited by Gortha; 2012-12-11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
Really funny, a while ago u changed from Vanu to TR or NC because u said the Vanu Weapons suck.

Now that u are on the other end, you say Vanu ar OP.

Just LOL.

LOL @ Thread.

/THREAD

PS: Solstice is just a mediocre VS Weapon. As Engineer i only play with Pulsar C. I was told be some mates, the best Weapon for the Vanu Light is the Assault is the fast shooting Vx6-7 or something
Pretty much exactly how I see it. I was NC for over a month in Beta and all I heard is VS weapon this or TR weapon that.... NC weapons suck blah, blah, blah. Now I have been VS since release and as VS I hear NC and TR weapons are OP and VS weapons suck.. blah, blah, blah. Grass is always green on the other side.

I hear good things about the Serpent that was just released. It's a CQC beast from what I hear.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Head on I lose 90% of the time in a carv-vs solstice shootout.
Bwahahahaha.

So you're losing with a lower TTK weapon with more ammo when you have more health.
Are you actually just getting noob-tubed? Like everyone that uses the -s carbines does?

At least claim you're losing to the VX6-7, which is actually fairly powerful.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-12-11 at 09:37 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
TyzaL
Private

However the VS solstice series wipes the floor with the carv.
The Solstice has almost the same stats as the TR Trac-5. The Trac-5 has a faster firing rate, 10 more bullets in a clip, and a bigger ammo pool.

I think you need to focus more on what your real complaint is and that is that NC HA weapons suck.

GUN STATS
Old 2012-12-11, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

*redacted*

Last edited by Juryrig; 2012-12-11 at 10:02 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by TyzaL View Post
The Solstice has almost the same stats as the TR Trac-5. The Trac-5 has a faster firing rate, 10 more bullets in a clip, and a bigger ammo pool.

I think you need to focus more on what your real complaint is and that is that NC HA weapons suck.

GUN STATS
Sweet, thanks for the updated one. The only link I had was the first one of these that popped up.

So like I was saying in my above post about the Serpent. The VX6-7 has the same damage, same ammo per clip and ammo pool, but the Serpent is 43 rpm higher and has less recoil, but suffers slightly on bullet velocity compared to the VX6-7. Making the Serpent a CQC beast.. which is pretty much what my outfit has been saying without the data to back it up.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2012-12-11 at 10:05 AM.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
boogy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Bwahahahaha.

So you're losing with a lower TTK weapon with more ammo when you have more health.
Are you actually just getting noob-tubed? Like everyone that uses the -s carbines does?

At least claim you're losing to the VX6-7, which is actually fairly powerful.
I dunno, I rarely see the VX6-7 on my kill screen. It's usually the solstice SF or EF something. Anyways if that's a weak Vanu weapon it sure says something about how good the Vanu weapons are vs the NC because it hits harder than anything they have. I usually have no problem with any specific NC weapon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion