News: First Mission System Update Today - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: #1 PlanetSide fansite
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-28, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: First Mission System Update Today

Neither wanted or needed.

Not having the ability to toggle it off pisses me off.

It's obstructing shots, cluttering the already small amount of screen space.

Irritating noise.

After 1200 hours i don't need telling where to go, especially when I never follow the zerg. It's designed for idiots and newbies.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2014-03-28, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

The Killscreen and the Mission System both need a toggle on/off in the settings menu.

I have no problem with them being defaulted to on as this will satisfy the need to make this game a little friendly for new players.

But I'm a big boy now, out of kindergarden and in big school, I can cycle a 2 wheel bike and everything, but I'd like the ability to remove the stabilisers please.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Acantha
Private

I like the mission system but could you do it so if your in a squad/platoon the leader can change it. how it is now it is good for a lone wolf type thing
Old 2014-03-28, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Only beef i have with the deathscreen is it telling me how bad i am, until i press a key to confirm i am bad.. Well sometimes anyways

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-03-28, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
PredatorFour
Major

Everything thats been added needs a toggle on and off. When i'm chasing someone down the last thing i want is to be asked if i want to buy premium membership.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Everything thats been added needs a toggle on and off. When i'm chasing someone down the last thing i want is to be asked if i want to buy premium membership.
It does that?, that's bad.. should be a thing for browsing menus, terminals or whatever, not something to happen in such situations where you need your attention on well the game...

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-03-28, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
The Killscreen and the Mission System both need a toggle on/off in the settings menu.

I have no problem with them being defaulted to on as this will satisfy the need to make this game a little friendly for new players.

But I'm a big boy now, out of kindergarden and in big school, I can cycle a 2 wheel bike and everything, but I'd like the ability to remove the stabilisers please.
I didn't realise they did stabilisers for the mag I need a set.
Old 2014-03-28, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well, Malorn did warn everyone from the start, that the mission system is going to be automated at first, so they can find flaws and exploits in it, before giving power to the people.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2014-03-28, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
There's only one mission I'm interested in accomplishing.

You really know how to make a man /blush Kestro....

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-03-28 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2014-03-28, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
You really know how to make a man /blush Kestro....

The ORIGINAL PICTURE caused me go all like:

Sry for 4chan here...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Mission System

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
There is no gap, good players are good with stock weapons and a 30 cert scope.
When you get your arse handed to you by a lvl 100 it's not because they had more shit, it's because they've got 10000 hours experience...
Have you tried playing with entry level gear? I have seen several posts where high level players with much time in the game have tried it using alts and found it to be an abysmal experience.

Last edited by Calista; 2014-03-28 at 03:23 PM.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Have you tried playing with entry level gear? I have seen several posts where high level players with much time in the game have tried it using alts and found it to be an abysmal experience.
That's not cause the gear is crap but the fact they have spent 90%of their time with different weapons and it's a case of just getting used to the basic stuff again that's all.
Old 2014-03-28, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
That's not cause the gear is crap but the fact they have spent 90%of their time with different weapons and it's a case of just getting used to the basic stuff again that's all.
I can confirm this for me as well. There is a gap between players when it comes to suit slots and the like but as far as weapons go; stick with a squad and that gap can be mitigated fairly easily. Once the Outfit recruitment stuff gets added I really think it's going to help out new players quite a bit to not feel so intimidated by the game.

On the mission system though. This just seems like a temporary addition to see how it goes over and if the system is working. I want to believe that SOE will let us create our own missions in the future but we'll see how that goes.
Old 2014-03-28, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Logged in, noticed the mission system only showed me either the base i was currently in or the next base in the lane. Shouldn't "work in progress" be on the test server?
Got annoyed by the additional screen clutter and noise and proceeded to look on the forums if i can turn it off...which apparently isn't possible (what a surprise).
Alt-Tabbed back into the game, thought i got a squad invite, turned out to be an ad. Got disconnected a minute later.

Finally uninstalled. This buggy live-beta is not remotely going into a direction i could consider playworthy, and everything i saw from Ps2 in the past half year just brought my piss to a boil.

Now waiting for Planetside to go F2P. And wondering how they will mess that up.
Old 2014-03-28, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Logged in, noticed the mission system only showed me either the base i was currently in or the next base in the lane. Shouldn't "work in progress" be on the test server?
Got annoyed by the additional screen clutter and noise and proceeded to look on the forums if i can turn it off...which apparently isn't possible (what a surprise).
Alt-Tabbed back into the game, thought i got a squad invite, turned out to be an ad. Got disconnected a minute later.

Finally uninstalled. This buggy live-beta is not remotely going into a direction i could consider playworthy, and everything i saw from Ps2 in the past half year just brought my piss to a boil.

Now waiting for Planetside to go F2P. And wondering how they will mess that up.

Have a good'un. Can't say I'll miss 'ya but your criticism is fair enough even if your wording can be viewed as biased. Ads don't mean much to me personally as I barely notice that anyway, nor the mission system clutter. The noise makes me jump here and there but it's something I'll get used to I'm sure.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion