Paratrooping from the galaxy - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Righteous
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-21, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hamma
PSU Admin

That would look pretty damn cool.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-21, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Delos
Private

I just had a thought, do you get BEP for everyone you kill aboard the galaxy, or is it like a set BEP regardless of how many gunners or passengers are on board?
Old 2002-12-21, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
�io
Lieutenant General

Well i hope/assume you get BEPs for everybody inside IF they die (they can bail if they think it's dangerous).

Specially since there's a small difference between killing a galaxy with only 1 pilot or a galaxy with 1 pilot and 3 gunners shooting you.
Old 2002-12-21, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Gah. I never thought about it now that you mention it... We should get their BEPs if they're shooting at us.
Old 2002-12-21, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
�io
Lieutenant General

Old 2002-12-22, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
JohnClark
Corporal

Does the galaxy pilot get BEP's for dropping a squad off, or does he have to hop out and start shooting in order to get xp?
Old 2002-12-22, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If he's in the squad he gets his share of the BEP's =)
Old 2002-12-22, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
RageMaster
Corporal

Howbout if you could drop a buggy from the Galaxy and jump out at the same time, and IN MID AIR mount the buggy? Im talkin serious Goldeneye style. Then drive away.

I used to try this on HALO with the banshee's off the higher platforms in the later part of the game.
Old 2002-12-22, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

You probably could do that but it would probably be very hard and sort of pointless.

Anyways, onto the whole 40 galaxies deal. If someone manages to get 40 galaxies all manned to attack a base, they deserve to take the base! Even if it is just people starting new characters to fly Galaxies. Oh and starting a new character also does take some work (I would think) and therefore wouldn't be done in a minute or two. Personally, if my base got attacked by 40 galaxies, I would probably get in a safe spot and start taking as many screen shots as possible... screw the base! Let em have it cause I got the best screenshots Planetside will ever see

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-22, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Another stupid newbie question, what's a HALO jump?

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-22, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
Personally, if my base got attacked by 40 galaxies, I would probably get in a safe spot and start taking as many screen shots as possible... screw the base! Let em have it cause I got the best screenshots Planetside will ever see

And while he takes his screenshots i'd add to the excitement by hopping into a nice MAX AA and shooting down as many as i can then getting Anti-Infantry and setting up an ambush near the terminal.
Old 2002-12-22, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Tegadil
Corporal

If someone DID get a 40 galaxy raid together, there had better be about 10 people recording the whole thing.

Edit: Im not sure if you can mount a banshee mid-air in HALO - a freind of mine got real close about 12 times (by 'nading the 'shee over the edge and going over just beforehand), but he never did quite get it. He allllmost got it, and a perfect plasma tank shot knocked him out of the sky.

I think it traumatized him.

Last edited by Tegadil; 2002-12-22 at 02:17 PM.
Old 2002-12-22, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

We got alot of ideas here. I think that dropping strait into a base is dumb but listen to this. Anyone ever seen a c 130 drop its cargo?

It flys really low to the ground and pusshes the crate or vehical (can drop large tanks too) right out the back of the plane. They skid along and come to a stop. I think this would be awsome for vehicals only. Gal comes flying in at high speed and drops a larger tank and flys off. As for delvierin Inf i think a good option other than landing or jumping is rappeling jsut like in the Movie Black Hawk down. Takes more time than landing but u can just start moving again real quick not to mention would look kick a$$!
Old 2002-12-22, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Peacemaker

never ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups =D

stopping 40 fully loaded Galaxy's that can airdrop 600 idiots over a base... hehe good luck
Old 2002-12-22, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Ive got one word for you.... Anti aircraft Air burst tactical nuclear weapon.

Wait one two three...

Lol anyways think of that? All those gals show up and AA max has some special ability if theres more than X amount of Air craft u can sit there and charge up fgor like a min and a half and have some kind of energy sphere making u very easy to spot and everyone knows what going on. If u charge it and if u dont get killed it blows up like 3/4s of all the air craft (40 Gals and 600 men reduced to 10 gals and aprox 150 men). Ooops sorry dumb people! BTW no BEP should be given to such an attack. (could also work if u get like 4 AA MAXs using somekind of thing that shoot at another AA max to charge him if one gets hit it dont work. (can do same thing with Anti Inf and Anti ATank MAXs just takes long tiime to charge, i like my idea with 4 guys charging one and they are easy to spot)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion