Driver/Hardware List - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cancer sucks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-23, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WhiteSun
Sergeant

Driver/Hardware List

[reposted from official forums to attract intelligent discussion, which just doesn't happen there]

After going through several _messy_ releases, I have a small request that many might benefit from.

Before release, publish a list of the drivers/hardware upon which PS has been tested. And not the day of release, please. At least three days before to give your increasingly rabid fanbase to upgrade/downgrade their drivers and test. Let's not repeat the lessons of the past.

Of course, all this can be beat with an early and generous open beta...
Old 2002-12-23, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

It's a good question, and it would be nice, but I doubt they will say if it was tested on anything other then the latest Official nVidia drivers. If they say the game was tested, and works with a beta driver, and then it doesn't for some reason people will bitch to Sony to fix it instead of bitching to nVidia like they should.

They always have to be careful when talking about things that another company made like drivers and voice com, or they may enbd up having to do support for something that is not theirs.
Old 2002-12-23, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
WhiteSun
Sergeant

Then only test and support the latest official driver. I went through the T2 launch (arrgh) and even the officials didn't work.

All that matters is that the customer can run it well. Keep support problems to a minimum, only recommend the official driver and make damn sure it works perfect on it.
Old 2002-12-23, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I went through the T2 luanch too, and never had any problems running the game. Granted my system met the suggested requirements on the box, and that wasn't really enough to run the game well, but it ran.

I agree with you though that a list of things that were tested would be great. As well as realistic system requirements, but from the sound of things (1g min processor, and 512m of ram) I think they are trying to make sure that you'll know weather or not you can run the game before you buy it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion