Question about the beta - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free? Sweet Deal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-01-26, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
bjorntju1
Captain

Question about the beta

A question:

I subscribed today to Planetside. But do i still have a chance to get into the Beta of Planetside 2/next? I payed with a pre-paid card with i purchased from the internet. It works and i can play, but if you want te get into the beta do you need to pay with your credit card? I really like to know because i really want a chance to get into the beta. And another question: Can you pay with a pre-paid credit card? (i think you guys call them debit carts in the US, i live in Holland) Because if it is possible i can use that card.

Many thanks!

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2011-01-26 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2011-01-26, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Re: Question about the beta

Pre-paid credit cards aren't debit cards... they are cards you put money in as leverage in case you can't pay off the credit. Usually the amount of money you drop in initially is the credit limit. Debit cards are bankcards that you can use at the ATM and stores. For example, My debit card is a visa, which means, I can also use it for credit and not let it hit my actual bank account for 2 days or so. Though, it will still show my "available balance". Either way, paying is paying, regardless of whether you do it now or credit, being credit - it's still paid, just that the bank did and due to initial account opening promissory agreement, you are obligated to pay up. Shouldn't be a problem. I on the other hand, am not going to resub just for beta. I hope I get in due to my 6 years+ veteran merit badge... actually, f*ck that, I'm going to write John Smedly a letter! BRB!!!!
Old 2011-01-26, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bjorntju1
Captain

Ah okay, But can you pay with a pre-paid credit card? I am planning on getting one. I hope i get into the beta either way. Also enjoying planetside now. Not as much players as back in the reservers ( i only played then, i never really payed untill now) But still enough people to have some good fun

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2011-01-26 at 03:16 PM.
Old 2011-01-26, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Ah okay, But can you pay with a pre-paid credit card? I am planning on getting one. I hope i get into the beta either way. Also enjoying planetside now. Not as much players as back in the reservers ( i only played then, i never really payed untill now) But still enough people to have some good fun
I don't see why there should be a problem paying with a PP-CC. I use to run with KWA back in 2007, numbers have since dropped from then. This was within the server merges and the whole CN badmouthing which dropped the numbers even more... I don't know the state of PS now, but I wish they would consider old planetside players when choosing beta invites. KWA was a very notorious NC outfit, along with TRx on Terran side, and Bluelions on NC. Bluelions was a more "reserved" outfit, unlike us. We usually talked alot of smack while on vent, and still turned the tide on many fights. We had tons of fun, without being too serious like the Bluelions... that radio silence thing they had was a little too extreme.
Old 2011-01-26, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I think the stipulation is, if you have an active account then you get a beta invite. Which means, everyone with an active account needs to make sure their account email address is up to date.
Old 2011-01-26, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea that's how I see it as well even though we don't officially know yet.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-01-27, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Hmm maybe I should activate my account also.
Old 2011-01-27, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chaotic Cow
Private

Planetside is still fun. Why not activate it?
Old 2011-01-27, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Yes, get in game! Just resubbed over the weekend and I have to admit, it was the most fun I've had gaming in years.
Old 2011-01-27, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chaotic Cow
Private

Unfortunately I don't have the money or I would.
Old 2011-01-27, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Last time I came into PS like 3 months ago, it was deader than dead... I doubt i'll resub just for the beta... anyone have John Smedleys email?
Old 2011-01-27, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The FAQ still has the price as 12.99 lawl.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out where the eff I'm supposed to download Planetside - I have an active sub and I'm on the Station Launchpad (not the PS launcher that I remember).

Pro-tips, anyone?
Old 2011-01-27, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

http://files.planetside-universe.com.../psinstall.zip
Old 2011-01-27, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
bjorntju1
Captain

Thumbs up Re: Question about the beta

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Last time I came into PS like 3 months ago, it was deader than dead... I doubt i'll resub just for the beta... anyone have John Smedleys email?
I just played a hour or 2 ago and there are still some good amount of people on. Of course dont expect 500 player battles or something. But still fun I dont regret that i brought it.
Old 2011-01-27, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Raymac
Brigadier General

You guys are a terrible influence on me. I cancelled my sub to save money, but you guys sure make it tempting to come back again. Plus I've never done a beta before, but PS:N can't release soon enough.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion