BFRs Revisited - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If at first you don't succeed... you're a noob.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-03, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: BFRs Revisited

I'd prefer a bigger selection of proper ground based vehicles over having BFRs any day to be honest. Never did like them from the get go
Old 2011-02-03, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Tikuto
Major

Originally Posted by 1Shotwonder View Post
I think there's never going to be a balance in this there's people that just simply like bfrs and the whole concept of a walking tank is pretty awesome but the people that don't like that conecept will never before bfrs it will just be a back and forth argument to have them or not have them and if they are put in what will be the requirments and limitations.....
If that's really the case, then there can be situations where a BFR would be more welcomed in the next game. My idea is maybe the PlanetSide sequel may have mass battles which could do with some sugar to make those look better and act better -- a reason to have them back.

And if they did come back, they would have to be put in the game properly. MMOs need control. I've said this since early Planetside:1 years. MMOs lack control methods correlating to never-ending balance topics especially in their PvP spectrum -- apply control methods to them to maintain balance.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-02-03 at 09:11 AM.
Old 2011-02-03, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sirisian
Colonel

if they are put in what will be the requirments and limitations.....
Apparently the certification requirements were not enough? Armored Assault 1 and 2 was 3 points and BFR, just the anti-vehicular one, was 4 points. I only used the anti-infantry one so that was an extra point for me. 8 points just to use the vehicle I wanted to. However it could be argued that I also used the Magrider with my outfit, but it was mostly an extra since I preferred the liberator.

However, I don't think any limitation would be enough for most people unless it was equal to the firepower and health of a lightning.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

if they are put in what will be the requirments and limitations.....
HEY WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SUN BLOWS UP TOMORROW, WILL WE BE ABLE TO LIVE UNDERGROUND?

You guys are dragging out a what-if conversation. BFRs will not be in PS:Next, the end. That's all there is to it, unless Smedley's lying. And somehow I don't really think he is.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Tikuto
Major

Smedley is lying.

Old 2011-02-03, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
HEY WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SUN BLOWS UP TOMORROW, WILL WE BE ABLE TO LIVE UNDERGROUND?

You guys are dragging out a what-if conversation. BFRs will not be in PS:Next, the end. That's all there is to it, unless Smedley's lying. And somehow I don't really think he is.
One word: Expansion! PS:N:Core Combat!
Old 2011-02-03, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

One word: No.

Considering that's what pretty much pissed off a whole lotta players from before, I think they learned from that mistake.
Old 2011-02-04, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Yes.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-04, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Sweet, my grandma's basement has one of those nuclear fallout shelters from the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Old 2011-02-04, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Tikuto
Major

Re: [Merged] BFRs Revisited

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Well Tikuto the reason I think Outfit based BFR's would be the way to go is to address what other people brought up in thread. If BFR's are rare how do you determine who gets the honor of piloting one? How is fair for one guy to win a dice roll an get to drive the solo repairable pwnmobile for hours racking up the kills? Or worse what if it gives it to in an idiot who gets it killed immediately gimping your empire?

Outfit BFR's solves all of that. The Outfit works to earn one an then they pick an choose when they want to use it giving it to their own skilled drivers. Probably in most cases to turn the tide of a major battle. Too valuable to waste kill farming with not being able to repair. That's my personal vision of them anyway.
With what I previously said, an applied zone-wide control to prevent "BFR zerg", I was thinking maybe base it primarily on the specific statistics and then your Empire will select a suitable designated driver of that continent. Secondarily could be Outfit-related but as I said we may prefer it not to condense the selection on who gets the BFR.

It'd instigate confliction within own Empires - competative Outfits, and there'd be only one super-Outfit or even an unbalanced Empire population ultra-Outfit. Not keen on seeing internal scraps and wavered empire populations.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-02-04 at 05:06 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion